Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

La Liga 2023/24
Footy_watch 5 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1860

Girona have been playing the best football and they just destroyed barca which I love to see. I hope they can sustain this to win the league.

Comments
Emobot7 5 months ago
538 11432

Honestly, Girona winning the league would be an amazing achievement but I believe its far too early to even think about that. We're barely at the halfway point of the season and while Barca and Madrid have had trouble with consistency or with fitness, all its take is a good run to change thing around. Likewise, a bad injury to one of Girona key player or a bad run in a couple of games could see Girona drop in the table quite quickly.

Still, I think it would be amazing from a neutral point of view if they went all the way and did it so I'm kinda hoping they do even if I seriously doubt the realism in that.

DarthFooty 5 months ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1100

Always love seeing other teams challenge the big dogs. Girona has been lights out and they play with no fear. They have nothing to lose really, so I can imagine they are having a great time. Of course, they are working hard to get to where they are, but the pressure is for sure different.

TerryCollins 4 months ago
0 4

I am so happy to see them winning.

_Pelle_ 3 months ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

If Girona wins la liga… I wonder if it will be a bigger achievement than Leicester winning epl…

Footy_watch 3 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1860

It will be a bigger achievement because the 2 Madrid teams are strong this season whereas Leicester only had us to worry about and we didn't win the league for a long time.

Emobot7 3 months ago
538 11432

@Pelle For sure, I also agree with Footy that Leicester were quite fortunate that no other top teams had a good season, basically, they only needed to worry about Tottenham and Arsenal and they indeed weren't more experienced at chasing the title than Leicester did so it propably did helped.

This season is nearly another one of those though for Girona because Madrid has been doing very good yes, but there is still the fact they aren't on their best level, I mean, they haven't replaced Benzema with a quality player and had so many injury especially in defense that its surprising they are still doing so good. Honestly, if only Real would slip up a bit more but I don't see it happen consistently which just show what a amazing team they are tbf.

Footy_watch 3 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1860

Love it when barca get wrecked. Even with the referees on their side they lost to a poor villareal team. Villareal had a perfectly good goal disallowed in the 21st min smh.

Emobot7 3 months ago
538 11432

Xavi is leaving for sure this summer, no doubt about it anymore I think. Unless he somehow win the CL but that look highly unrealistic at this point. Anyway, it will be interesting to see who get the job and it will definetly by an hard job, no matter who took it.

Heard some rumours for now and manger linked with Barca were Luis Enrique (players choice apparently), Thomas Tuchel (apparently said he'd be interesting in coaching in Spain just after Xavi leaving news) and Hansi Flick (which would be interested to try an abroad job and is said to be Laporta top pick). Thought on who will replace him?

I think Flick would be an interesting choice myself. Still quite an uncertain figure considering he was really good at Bayern but really meh at the National Team. Somehow though, I think he'd fit well at Barca.