Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

'' L' équipe de France '' french list of the 23 revealed :
tiki_taka 8 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

enter image description here

Not that surprising but really disappointed by some decisions, Mamadou Sakho and Fekir injured, Benzema despite being innocent at the end of Valbuena sex tape gate not called under the pressure of press....big names were all expected to be there.

The list of 23 made by a French poll is this :

The final list of DD :

in case of any injuries list of 8 back up players :

Some players like Grenier, Bakambu, Tremoulinas, Ruffier were never expectedto make it due to lack of visibility and competition, others like Benzema, Nasri, Ribery, Valbuena has issues with the national team, others injured like Mamadou Sakho or Fekir. Some arent yet experinced in international games like Laporte, Dembelé or Rabiot but why Ben Arfa not there ? Cabbaye/Sissoko ?

Its okay but without Benz and Ribery France are less strong, Didier choose to pick up a quiet group that media woont try to ruin looking for a scandal but there is no way Lacazette/Ben Arfa not taking part of this Euro.

Sometimes i understand players like Mahrez and Benatia playing for their fathers country, at least they get more love and more respect while they are both 100% French, in 2010 Nasri and Benz were deserving a starting place none of them was called, in 2012 Nasri celebrated vs England by going after his goal into a journalist, nothing offensive he has never been called since. Benz carrying the team on his shoulders in 2014 and then press wrote that he forced DD to play Griezmann instead of Giroud, Now Ben Arfa.

That being said, the remaining group isnt what i would have chose, but players like Coman, Griezmann, Varane or Pogba wont disappoint. Still not a solid contender.what do you think ?

Comments
Tuanis 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

France is one of the few nations which can afford not calling certain players to the squad. In the en the list is reduced to about half the players being the starting XI and some subs. I see a very strong France team who could very well go for it all.

I feel bad for Schneiderlin who has been great for the past couple of seasons and a couple of bad form months had him taken out of the list.. I cant seriously think that Cissoko or Diarra are more suitable for the spot on the team than Morgan. Just sad.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

Diarra is insane. He's easily better than Schneiderlin right now.

nandaYNWA 8 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

id replace gugnac and giroud with lacazette and gameiro. how is guroud in the squad??????

Chucksea 8 years ago Edited
Chelsea 5 267

There is no way Giroud deserve to be the first choice striker... He's been sh*t for months now. Meanwhile Gameiro qualifies his team for the Europa league final for the second time in a row, and only Zlatan outscores Lacazette in Ligue 1.

Sissoko is relegated with Newcastle but gets the nod ahead of Rabiot, who won the Ligue 1 in a record time and knocked out Chelsea in the CL.

Ben Arfa who kicked out Cavani of the Ligue 1 Best 11 of the year isn't in the best 23 french footballers...
No need to go to the Euro with 8 defenders, we have center backs who can also cover the left back position, like Mathieu and Umtiti. So why the hell not bring with us an additional weapon up front?

We for sure have a great squad, but Didier is definitely not making the most out of it.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

There is no way Giroud deserve to be the first choice striker... He's been sh*t for months now. Meanwhile Gameiro qualifies his team for the Europa league final for the second time in a row, and only Zlatan outscores Lacazette in Ligue 1.

Sissoko is relegated with Newcastle but gets the nod ahead of Rabiot, who won the Ligue 1 in a record time and knocked out Chelsea in the CL.

Ben Arfa who kicked out Cavani of the Ligue 1 Best 11 of the year isn't in the best 23 french footballers...

No need to go to the Euro with 8 defenders, we have center backs who can also cover the left backs position, like Mathieu and Umtiti. So why the hell not bring a with us an additional weapon up front?

We for sure have a great squad, but Didier is definitely not making the most out of it.

No need to go to the Euro with 8 defenders, we have center backs who can also cover the left back position, like Mathieu and Umtiti. So why the hell not bring a with us an additional weapon up front?

No need to go to the Euro with 8 defenders, we have center backs who can also cover the left back position, like Mathieu and Umtiti. So why the hell not bring with us an additional weapon up front?

Emobot7 8 years ago
541 11465

Why is Giroud starting over Lacazette? Just... no, you don't do that DD, you just don't. But still, all in all, its a pretty good squad. I just hope they doesn't start Giroud.

Tuanis 8 years ago

You guys can hate all you want on Giroud (I personally dont consider him a good striker) but he has played decent football with his nat. team and he is a guy who has earned the trust of his manager.

How would you guys line up the French team?

Lloris

Jalet - Koscielny - Varane - Evra

Pogba - Kante - Matuidi

Payet

Griezman - Martial

With that starting XI there is not a real need to discuss which player make it or not to the bench..

Zakzook 8 years ago
Arsenal, Syria 32 785

Am I blind or is Benzema really not there?

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

I'd line it up:

Lloris

Sanga - Varane - Koscielny - Evra

Diarra - Kante

Coman - Pogba - Martial

Griezmann

In the last few friendlies France has played with a 4-1-3-2, usually to accommodate Giroud or Gignac, but I would reject that entirely and instead play a 4-2-3-1 with two CDMs or a 4-1-4-1 with Diarra as the true CDM and Kante further up the pitch. Both formations allow for excellent balance, defensive cover, retardedly good pace, all that's missing is a target man, and I don't think France need that.

Tuanis 8 years ago

Sorry but there is now way Matuidi wont play as starter, maybe drop Payet but Matuidi is one of the best midfielders in the world atm.

These guys are serious contenders for the Euro.

JozeMourinho 8 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

Mathieu instead of Laporte ? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Chucksea 8 years ago Edited
Chelsea 5 267

France dont play with a number 10. They have gone for a 4-3-3 for like a year now. Huge midfield work rate with Pogba / Lass / Matuidi and quick players up front.

I'd love this:

Lloris
Sagna / Kos / Varane / Evra
Pogba / Lass / Matuidi
Ben Arfa / La Griz / Payet

But Deschamps' eleven is already all written, therefor will be:

Lloris
Pogba / Lass / Matuidi
Griezmann / Giroud / Payet

@JozeMourinho Laporte broke his leg last month

• History

France dont play with a number 10. They have gone for a 4-3-3 for like a year now. Huge midfield work rate with Pogba / Lass / Matuidi and quick players up front.

I'd love this:

Lloris
Pogba / Lass / Matuidi
Ben Arfa / La Griz / Payet

But Deschamps' eleven is already all written, therefor will be:

Llors
Pogba / Lass / Matuidi
Griezmann / Giroud / Payet

@JozeMourinho Laporte broke his leg last month

JuanMata10 8 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

France have a sick squad, but I would agree with everything @Chucksea said in his two comments.

@tiki:

Some players like Grenier, Bakambu, Tremoulinas, Ruffier were never expectedto make it

Hasn't Bakambu already played for DR Congo? That would make him ineligible for France

liomessi10 8 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

why the absolute **** is lacazette not in first 23? and why this random moussa cissoko and not raboit or tolisso.

liomessi10 8 years ago

not to mention ruffier should be 3rd or even 2nd keeper ahead of costil

decentK 8 years ago Edited
Arsenal 38 2896

First, my team:

Lacazette over M.Sissoko
Coquelin over Cabaye
Zouma (sadly injured :((( ) would've been over Mathieu

I don't like Gignac too much, but he definitely deserved the spot for playing so well for France.

Now that the squad is what it is. My starting XI:

-----------------Lloris----------------
Sagna-Varane-Koscielny-Mangala
------Pogba------Matuidi (or Kante)
---------------Payet-------------------
Griezmann-Giroud-Martial

Giroud's all round play is irreplaceable if you ask me.

Anyways, if Giroud was to start the EUROs badly, then Martial to play ST and Coman to LW.

Ah, BTW, I don't usually support anyone at EUROS/World Cup, but this time I am kinda rooting for France because they've got ridiculous amount of players I like/love

• History

First, my team:

Lacazette over M.Sissoko
Coquelin over Cabaye
Zouma (sadly injured :((( ) would've been over Mathieu

I don't like Gignac too much, but he definitely deserved the spot for playing so well for France.

Now that the squad is what it is. My starting XI:

-----------------Lloris----------------
Sagna-Varane-Koscielny-Mangala
------Pogba------Matuidi (or Kante)
---------------Payet-------------------
Griezmann-Giroud-Martial

Giroud's all round play is irreplaceable if you ask me.

Anyways, if Giroud was to start the EUROs badly, then Martial to play ST and Coman to LW.

Emrecan_58 8 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

France are my favourites to win the Euros, by far.

netsten 8 years ago
Chelsea, Belgium 44 992

Beautiful team, talent + experience + playing at home, I've no doubt that France will go far, good luck !

liomessi10 8 years ago

shame about laporte injury tho.

JozeMourinho 8 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

So sad about Laporte fantastic defender :/