Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Koscielny penalty or not?
ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Sorry I cant find vid/gif (Can someone pls put one up? thanks) but fr those who saw it, was it a penalty? On MOTD analysis he said that he brought his other knee towards him to make him fall BEFORE making contact with the ball on his other foot. What do you guys think?

Comments
Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

^^ Not really. It's a pretty bad challenge, despite the teeniest, tiniest touch he manages to get on the ball. That'd get given 8 times out of 10.

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

^"Bad challenge"? Are you for real or trying to wind me up? That was a World class challenge! There is NO WAY that you could ever call that a legitimate penalty and be taken seriously. That is my view

man_utd 11 years ago
Manchester United, South Korea 91 1444

I first thought it was a penalty, but if you look at his knee, it was body first.

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

"That was a World class challenge! There is NO WAY that you could ever call that a legitimate penalty and be taken seriously."

Then I suspect you are letting your bias cloud your judgement. It was a poor challenge, evidenced by the fact that he totally swept the attacker's trailing leg out. See, you're focusing solely on the very tip of his toe that he managed to get onto the ball, as though it mitigates the whole challenge. It doesn't. Even if we grant that mitigation, which is iffy to begin with, because he ALSO trips the guy up in the same movement, that doesn't explain away the trailing leg.

Referees up and down the land would give a penalty on that alone, and given that the ONLY way we can even see this sliver of a touch he managed to get on the ball was from a reverse angle, zoomed in, in slow motion, you\'re asking someone to be a) superhuman to spot it in real time, and b) agree in the first place that it makes the rest of the bad challenge no longer matter.

You're going to find very few refs who would make that call. 8 out of 10 times, that's a penalty. Easily.

And it's also far more of a penalty than half the ones you got last season, so, let it go. It's football. Sh.it happens. In understand that it was a terrible day for Arsenal, but, it's not the end of the world, and it wasn't a terrible call either.

AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

It's a 100% clear a penalty from the look of it on that gif. BUT in real-time game It's impressive from that referee to give the penalty, because from all the other angles it's a clear challenge.

United_Hates_Blues 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 14 985

Sadly I've seen these given many times. After closely examining it, I see some contact and in the books that's a penalty, sorry Foota.