Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

koscielny and kompany red card
MRarsenal500 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 59 741

i dont think this is a straight red card it is a yellow card but not red and it is a penalty. the referee ruined the game for us and we lost 2-0.

i also think kompany didnt deserve red card and it was a slip by Wilshere 

Comments
quikzyyy 11 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Arsenal, England 59 741

i hate that mother fucker he also gave red card to Wilshere vs man united in November

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

I think the Koscielny one was harsh, but, ultimately stupid on his part. It totally looks to me as though Dzeko could have stayed on his feet, if he'd really wanted to, but when you have your arms around the player's waist as you bring him down right in front of goal, denying a goal-scoring chance...

The ref has no choice. The rules are clear. I think Koscielny was just plain stupid to do it.

AjaxDeSuperYids 11 years ago
Ajax, Netherlands 24 507

was a red card for lauren for sure. this is football not rugby. lauren ruined the game not umpire. kompany was a mad challenge but got the ball no?

Arsenal, England 59 741

yeah Lodatz i agree but look at the image the game is early and is in the 9th minute and ruins it. ive seen many players do it and get nothing or just yellow 

Jimskeleton 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 7 728

Koscielny was a red card, can either give it as denying a clear goal scoring opportunity or last man, but it can also be considered harsh, I don't think teams should be punished twice, if you give a penalty just give someone a yellow unless it's extremely dangerous.

Kompany on the other hand was just a plain joke, 5 seasons ago that wasn't even a foul, and shouldn't be given as such now, let alone a red card, it's head on, 1 footed, and not off the ground, hard tackle, but ultimately it's fair. 

Can't find a video but on Saturday night Hull Vs. Sheff Wed, a Hull player went in 2 footed, both feet off the ground and a clear lunge, 10x worse than this tackle right here and wasn't even booked, no consistency, one reason fans get pissed off.

Arsenal, England 59 741

kompanys tackle was clean look at this image he clearly gets the ball

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

@MrArsenal: How many minutes into the match shouldn't affect the decision. If it is a correct decision it should be applied regardless.

@Jim: I agree 100% on Kompany. IMO it was actually an excellent challenge. Both tough players going for a 50/50 ball and he does everything properly. Football is becoming a game for pussies. I enjoy the prem because I think it is one of the last remaining sanctuaries of old fashioned full-blooded footy. That is slowly eroding and it is a worry. As regards to the Koscielny red, I disagree. I think it was only a yellow because he wasn't the last man as he was in line with Vermaelen if you watch the wider angle film. The decision was incorrect and the ref found out at halftime and that is why I THINK the unjust sending off of Kompany was done as an atonement for his earlier mistake. 2 Wrongs don't make a right. 

This ref brings nothing but bad luck to Arsenal. We've won 1 out of the las 17 matches he's officiated. Not convinced it is a conspiracy but I do think he is just Shit.

Arsenal, England 59 741

footaholic do you know which match we won in the last 17?

Fru_Toot 11 years ago
Manchester City, England 54 635

LOL

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

@MRarsenal500: Yes, I know just what you mean. Can anyone say... Adebayor? ;)