Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Jürgen Klopp Tells Dortmund to terminate his contract by the end of the season
Comments
JuanMata10 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

Manchester City looks like the most likely (and logical) next destination, but the article says that he wants to take a break from football, so City has three options now:
1 - Stick with Pellegrini.
2 - Hire another manager who'll be a long-term replacement for Pellegrini.
3 - Hire an experienced manager as a "fill-in" while Klopp is enjoying his vacation.

Some months ago, it looked like he would coach Arsenal after the end of this season, but with Arsenal's current form and position in the able it's very unlikely that Wenger leaves.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Manchester City looks like the most likely (and logical) next destination, but the article says that he wants to take a break from football, so City has three options now:
1 - Stick with Pellegrini.

2 - Hire another manager who'll be a long-term replacement for Pellegrini.
3 - Hire an experienced manager as a "fill-in" while Klopp is enjoying his vacation.

Some months ago, it looked like he would coach Arsenal after the end of this season, but with Arsenal's current form and position in the able it's very unlikely that Wenger leaves.

tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Liverpool, I mean it I was one of those Liv's investor I would be dying to sign for Klopp and hope that he can ressurect the club

mladen 9 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Yugoslavia 253 2319

• History

raimondo90 9 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Its a shame he is leaving after one bad season instead of reshaping the team to make them successful again. He could go anywhere with his CV but its all a matter of which team needs a new manager and when.
I think Pelegrini will have one more season to attempt to win the league or a few trophies. Carlo could leave depending on the outcome of this season. Liverpool is probably going to stick with Rodgers for a few more seasons. And Arsenal are content till Wegner decieds to retire.

He should wait a year and see what offers come up.

srk_rox 9 years ago
Liverpool 5 542

Rafa Benitez and Klopp are all successful managers who are magical in sailing the team past the odds to win the titles...
Honestly I am with the way the Reds currently play those creative football.. Jus look at those chance creations... with great finishers, we will be in a different level to the current teams.. But all depends on the summer transfers he is gonna make... if plan A doesn't work, he should hav B,C,D,..
my opinion would be to give Rodgers some more time:

Heisinburg 9 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

If he joins City, then things are gonna be very interesting in England next season...

awais007 9 years ago
Chelsea, Pakistan 178 922

Thanks for Everything BOSS

Marcus2011 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@heisbunrg

Things are always interesting . It will spice it more up .

@juan

He denied that he wants to take a year off from football . He is not doing Pep . If Real does decides to sack Ancelotti then don't be surprised to see Klopp there . Otherwise he is going to City for sure .

I say Liverpool should hire Southampton boss , Ronald Koeman.

• History

@heisbunrg

There are always interesting . It will spice it more up .

@juan

He denied that he wants to take a year off from football . He is not doing Pep . If Real does decides to sack Ancelotti then don't be surprised to see Klopp there . Otherwise he is going to City for sure .

I say Liverpool should hire Southampton boss , Ronald Koeman.

Heisinburg 9 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

^ If Ronald Koeman manages Liverpool, omg the Liverpool v Manchester United rivalry would be 10x more intense (no offence BR), but with Klopp joining City (if it happens), ZOMG, that would be orgasmic.

Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Plus half of the Liverpool are southampton anyway :D

JuanMata10 9 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

@Marcus:

Good news that he's not taking a sabbatical, but I doubt that he would go to Madrid (or that Madrid would sack Ancelotti to start things off) because he's mentioned a couple of times that England was the only possible destination he would work in as he only speaks English (beside German) and his coaching methods heavily rely on communication with the players and the staff. Don't know if there are English versions of these interviews, but I've seen it on various German TV channels.

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Wonder if Reus will leave too.

Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

I think he never wanted to, he probably dreamed of him, Gotze, Lewandowski, Klopp and a few other big name they had attracted to be competing for the CL every season. Things haven't gone to plan and he may have to leave to save his career. Loyalty doesn't get you anywhere when your team is far from your level. He could easily be winning trophies every season.

SternDesSuedens 9 years ago Edited
Bayern Munich, Germany 9 317

he will join us if Pep fails to win the UCL again.

just kidding, never in a million years would he join Bayern ;) But I don't think he will go to City, either. Imo Arsenal would be the perfect club for him and his type of football.

• History

he will join us if Pep fails to win the UCL again.

just
kidding, never in a million years would he join Bayern ;) But I don't
think he will go to City, either. Imo Arsenal would be the perfect club
for him and his type of football.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I hope Klopp goes to England. It would be great for both the EPL and for him. It would be nice to have him at RM one day, but Zidane and Ancelotti are the two managers I prefer to see at our helm.

Tuanis 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

This is the beginning of the end for Dortmund.... Without Klopp the team will fall apart. Next thing we know, players like Hummls, Gundogan, Reus start to leave the club; leaving the team in a free fall to relegation.

Has he mentioned the reasons for his departure? I personally dont like it when the captain leaves the ship to sink. He should have stuck with his loyal team.

Dortmund fans should be devastated by this news.

Emrecan_58 9 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

^I don't know man, I think he's managed everything he can. His team won the Championship in Bundesliga over Bayern, played in the Final in CL but unfortunately lost the title to Bayern with a last minute goal. He saved his team from relegation zone. It's normal for him to demand a fresh start with a new club in an another country. He has been loyal, considering Levandowski, Götze and others.

tiki_taka 9 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

He deserves to have a big budget team to be free in transfer market and get the players he wants without seing departures at the end of the season. Man City or PSG can be looking for a coach for next season, but knowing how special Klopp is, he could refuse money teams, i personally would love to see him in Seria A regenerating Milan or Inter...

But PSG or City are serious destinations, they got money but not the character, he has the character but no transfer budget, thats Klopp we're not safe from surprises with him.

Or Madrid get eleminated from CL and doesnt win the league, and Carlo would be sacked for Klopp, im sure if Perez looks for a coach, Klopp will be his first choice, knowing how good he did against Madrid recent seasons...

Im not wishing Carlo failure though, but everything is possible, City, PSG, Madrid 2 big teams and one Huge, 3 places where previous quality coaches succeed in short term but are hinted by sacking anytime, anyday...

Maybe a surprising destination, but those 3 are the realistic ones...

Klopp for Madrid, Carlo for City and PSG signing an Italian coach :), if this scenario ever happens, you heard it first here :).

• History

He deserves to have a big budget team to be free in transfer market and get the players he wants without seing departures at the end of the season. Man City or PSG can be looking for a coach for next season, but knowing how special Klopp is, he could refuse money teams, i personally would love to see him in Seria A regenerating Milan or Inter...

But PSG or City are serious destinations, they got money but not the character, he has the character but no transfer budget, thats Klopp we're not safe from surprises with him.

Or Madrid get eleminated from CL and doesnt win the league, and Carlo would be sacked for Klopp, im sure if Perez looks for a coach, Klopp will be his first choice, knowing how good he did against Madrid recent seasons...

Im not wishing Carlo failure though, but everything is possible, City, PSG, Madrid 2 big teams and one Huge, 3 places where previous quality coaches succeed in short term but are hinted by sacking anytime, anyday...

Maybe a surprising destination, but those 3 are the realistic ones...