Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Jose Mourinho Has Lost His Mind In A Friendly vs Real Betis
UnitedofManchester 3 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 84

Jose Mourinho shown red card after storming the field in Roma friendly vs. Real Betis

New AS Roma head coach Jose Mourinho received a red card during an ill-tempered friendly between the Italian club and Spanish La Liga side Real Betis.

The Portuguese coach stormed onto the field to dispute the referee's decision to send off one of his players and allow a Betis goal that was apparently scored on a hand ball.

Two more Roma players were later sent off, leaving Roma to finish the match with eight men in an eventual 5-2 defeat.

Why Mourinho was sent off

Roma and Betis were tied at 2-2 when Alex Moreno handed the Spanish side the lead in bizarre circumstances with just under an hour played.

Moreno pounced on a rebound off the Roma crossbar and slipped as he went for the ball near the goal line. He wound up on the ground, and bundled the ball over the line using an assorted selection of body parts.

One of those, Roma contended, was his left arm, and the referee's refusal to disallow the effort caused the Italians to swarm around him; followed by Mourinho who hurried over to join the commotion.

Roma captain Lorenzo Pellegrini was sent off first, and then it was Mourinho's turn after he entered the field of play. The ejections were the catalyst for a dramatic Roma collapse.

Gianluca Mancini and Rick Karsdop also saw red to leave the Italians with eight on the pitch, while Betis took full advantage to net two further goals and thrash their adversaries 5-2.

Incredibly, Saturday's fracas was the third on-pitch confrontation Roma have sparked in their last two games, suggesting that a lot more fireworks can be expected once the real action begins.

Comments
Emrecan_58 3 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

It was interesting to see them act like this in a friendly. To be honest if there was a handball goal scored against Beşiktaş in a friendly I would just laugh and cuss for a bit that's all.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

It was interesting to see him act like this in a friendly. To be honest if there was a handball goal scored against Beşiktaş in a friendly I would just laugh.

It was interesting to see him act like this in a friendly. To be honest if there was a handball goal scored against Beşiktaş in a friendly I would just laugh and cuss for a bit that's all.

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

Damn, I heard the pressure was really high for the AS Roma manager post but it feel like it already taken its toll. Thats no way to act in a friendly.

tuan_jinn 3 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Lolll Mourinho is being Mourinho... He will surely make Serie A a lot more worthy to watch.

expertfootball11 3 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

I told you he is feeling stressed... why does he need drones to oversee training? He has either no trust of himself or in his players...