Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

John Terry to Valencia?
raimondo90 12 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

According to Terry's agent a deal between Chelsea and Valencia has been agreed and Terry will be moving to Valencia in January transfer window. Looks like he will get a year and a half contract with the possibility of an extra year. 

I'm not too thrilled with this deal due to the fact terry is old and starting to decline. We need to improve defense but this isn't the way to go. 

Comments
ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Hm I heard he was moving to spanish la liga; it isn't confoirmed what club he is going to. Imagine if Jose is interested !!!

Trollman 12 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

Don't believe a word about this rumor. From a Chelsea blog with some good 

If you do a little more prodding, you'll find on the FIFA website a player agent under the name of 'Francisco Jesus Gallardo Serrano.' According to his FIFA profile, he lives in Madrid, which based on my excellent geography skills, which are largely guided by my knowledge of football leagues, is somewhere in Spain, which is where Valencia lives. Hey, that's plausible! We'll give Mr. Gallardo the benefit of the doubt. But then I thought "it's a little unfair to suspect that Gallardo might not be a FIFA agent based on the written word of the official website." So I did a little digging, and found that our friend Gallardo was also the one who whipped up the hooplah about Drogba moving to Barcelona in the summer. At this rate, Gallardo's going to end up with a record as good as Harry Harris's.

The report quotes Gallardo as saying Terry only has one year left on his contract. The media outlets currently running the story are using the line that the contract runs out in 2014. Now, the latter have got it right, but you do wonder how many of them picked up the contradiction between the source and the facts and could manage to put two and two together.

Gallardo also says "they are insulting him and he is not taking it anymore." That's interesting, because he seems to be referencing the current racism scandal engulfing the captain, where Terry has admittedly has copped a lot of flak. But I find it difficult to see why Terry would be so upset at what other fans think of him that he would driven to such drastic measures of leaving Chelsea, especially when Terry's been at the club for seventeen years and has already been subject to some absolutely torrid abuse as a result of other controversies.

Maybe Gallardo is suggesting Terry is upset at the fine Chelsea has dished out on him, but this seems unlikely: there's been little suggestion to the contrary from any other sources while Terry surely recognises the pressure on the club to act following his use of that particular language. Without drifting into another tedious Terry debate, I personally think the fine was more than adequate to deal with what was said.

My next thought was to investigate the source of which this whole business came from, Radio Intereconomia. I managed to find a list of their upcoming programmes, including a recording of Parliamentary Procedures and a discussion on Agroeconomics (on Monday and Sunday respectively, if you're interested). Although that sounds utterly fascinating, it doesn't seem like this channel is going to be discussing John Terry's tactical fit in a Valencia side already boasting Adil Rami and Victor Ruiz.
That brings me to my next bullet. Even if we somehow, using our wildest imaginations, accepted this rumour had a kernel in truth in it, it's difficult to see Valencia suddenly scrambling to get their hands on a player in a position where they already have reasonable depth, and especially a player like John Terry, hardly a bearer of hope and love to football fans.

Again, consider the basic tenets of this rumour. John Terry - one of the most loyal, determined and devoted football players in existence, leaving Chelsea? The man who wears his socks all the way to his knees, such is his diligent desire to promote the club's brand? To Valencia? The club forced into selling its prize assets off year after year as it tries to pay off loans concerning their mammoth Mestalla stadium? In the summer, Graham wrote a very good checklist of things to think about concerning transfer rumours. One of them what's in it for the player? The most Terry stands to gain from this is a change of environment, which I'm sure would be nice: but will he really enjoy an environment where the best chance he has of winning a trophy is by winning Valencia's darts competition? After years of extraordinary success, I don't see why Terry would suddenly decide it's better to join a self-destructive league in which only two teams win anything and the rest struggle to keep their heads above the water. Besides, Terry's not very good at darts.

You have to take into account financial considerations as well. By all reports, Terry's the highest earner at Chelsea (although Fernando Torres might have won himself a well-earned wage for winning that corner in the Champions League final) and it's hard to see how Valencia could afford to pay his enormous wages, especially considering their aforementioned troubles.

One last thing raimondo, Terry may be an old fart but he is still world class and keeps Chelsea's defense intact most of the times.

ChelseaRox10 12 years ago
Chelsea, England U19 142 979

We can lose Terry, he's the heart of Chelsea. Captain, Leader, Legend.

ChelseaRox10 12 years ago
Chelsea, England U19 142 979

Can't not can

ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Wow you can't even make sense right.

knibis 12 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

the truth in this?

Golden 12 years ago
35 693

Never. Ever.

username 12 years ago

terry may be accused of racism, be branded an adulterer, a bigot and a downright bad human being...but even he has enough sense and dignity not to go to a club like valencia or porto for that matter...

knibis 12 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

If he join he must not spit at the club badge

Keisuke 12 years ago
Chelsea, Japan 0 830

Impossible, he hate spanish players, if it's true, it's only for girls...

MrTroll 12 years ago
AC Milan, Netherlands 8 12

guys im new can somone show me around please

Trollman 12 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

A fellow troll! Welcome to FootyRoom!

KingHenry 12 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

Go back to 9fag and takr your stupid memes with you.

United_Hates_Blues 12 years ago
Manchester United, England 14 985

He's  moving For Pique'a Gf 

koldimere 12 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

^^^^^^THIS!! A MILLION TIMES THIS!!!!  (you mean "take your stupid memes" right?)

koldimere 12 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

I meant @kinghenry...

Heisinburg 12 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

sorry but it's not gonna happen.

KingHenry 12 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

I meant I want them to leave and i want no memes on footyroom because they are the internet cancer right now.

Jeffrey_Hazard 12 years ago
Chelsea, France 81 456

cant imagine him not wearing the chelsea shirt