Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

John Terry Court Trail
keith28120 12 years ago
Chelsea, Ireland 60 177

John Terry reacted with anger at claims he racially abused footballer Anton Ferdinand, a court has heard.

The former England captain said he was hurt and shocked by suggestions he racially abused Queens Park Rangers defender Anton Ferdinand a during a Chelsea match against QPR on 23 October last year.

During his trial for a racially aggravated public order offence, which he denies, Terry listened to a Football Association interview he took part in shortly after the heated Premier League clash.

He told investigator Jennifer Kennedy that he believed Ferdinand shouted the words " at him during the game and understood the QPR player to be wrongly accusing him of shouting the slur.

Terry, 31, said: "I have been called a lot of things in my football career, and off the pitch, but being called a racist I am not prepared to take.

"That's why I came out and made my statement immediately.

"I am not having Anton thinking that about me or anyone else. That's not my character at all."

The players clashed in the QPR penalty area as Chelsea chased the game, one nil down and with just nine players.

Ferdinand admits shouting abuse at Terry over his alleged relationship with Wayne Bridge's girlfriend Vanessa Perroncel.

It was all "banter" but Terry was worried Ferdinand genuinely thought he had racially abused him so talked to him after the game, he said.

"I felt strongly about it and wanted to clear it up before I left the stadium or he got the chance to leave the stadium."

Part of the exchange was caught on camera - Terry said he was aware of how the CCTV looked to people who did not understand the context.

Comments
keith28120 12 years ago
Chelsea, Ireland 60 177

keith28120 12 years ago
Chelsea, Ireland 60 177

keith28120 12 years ago
Chelsea, Ireland 60 177

Keisuke 12 years ago
Chelsea, Japan 0 830

Pfff... You play in Chelsea with already 10 black players but you are racist... Impossible...

keith28120 12 years ago
Chelsea, Ireland 60 177

What Ivanoic Lampard Torres Mata Hazard Cech Are Them Black

keith28120 12 years ago
Chelsea, Ireland 60 177

John Terry's Chelsea and England team-mate Ashley Cole has claimed the racial slur allegations against his club captain should never have gone to trial.

Terry is accused of branding Queens Park Rangers player Anton Ferdinand a "f****** black c****" during a match between Chelsea and QPR on 23 October last year.

Terry, standing trial at Westminster Magistrates Court in London, denies committing a racially aggravated public order offence. He has told the court he was sarcastically repeating words he thought Ferdinand had said to him.

Left-back Cole, taking the witness stand, said the allegations should not have been taken to court. "I think we shouldn't be sitting here," said Cole.

"While racism should never be tolerated, If I repeated something that I thought you said, that's totally different than if someone just says something."

He said Terry was an inspirational captain and one of the best because he remained cool, calm and collected when others might not.

Cole said Terry had never reacted to taunts on the pitch about an alleged affair with the mother of the former team-mate's child.

The defender said he was friends with both Anton Ferdinand and his elder brother Rio, the Manchester United and England centre-back.

Cole said did not want to be involved in the aftermath of the racist abuse allegations.

"It was hard because I knew JT, Rio and Anton."

Terry, giving evidence on the third day of his trial, said he wanted to speak to the police and to the Football Association, the sport's governing body in England, to address the allegations.

"I was keen to go forward with my police statement, my FA statement. If I had anything to hide I wouldn't have done that.

"I knew there was nothing out there that would show that I had done anything wrong."

The former England captain said he made a statement before seeing any footage of the incident.

raimondo90 12 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

He should get 8 game ban like Suarez. 

Jimskeleton 12 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 7 728

He has been found not guilty.