Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

John Terry - a legend, time to say goodbye
tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

This Sunday might be his very last game...

One year ago we had a thread discussing his future, and this year, we talk about it again except we know that he is leaving Chelsea for good.

Terry started again, and played full 90 mins against Watford, he reminds us why he's a legend and at the same time why it might be the time for him to leave.

Terry scored another goal which marks his 17 seasons to score for Chelsea, only Lampard (18), Choles (19) and Giggs(21) could do better.

His presence on the field is still feel like the leader Chelsea has always wanted... Despite, Watford went on and scored 3 goals, which one was from his mistake... His age might not allow him to stay on top of the game week in week out anymore... He is still great though.

Chelsea appreciates him, still very much do, the fans too. It's LOVELY. They offered him another year contract but Terry has decided to leave. He wants to leave as a legend, not a burden. May be it's for the best.

“I never wanted to be that player, the kind who hangs about, and who people can’t wait to get rid of,” he said. “I think the transition for myself, being on the bench and seeing it from a different aspect, has served me well and will serve me well if I go into management in the future.

Thanks legend.

After Sunday, he might retire from football. And we all shall miss him sorely.!
enter image description here

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

This Sunday might be his very last game...

One year ago we had a thread discussing his future, and this year, we talk about it again except we know that he is leaving Chelsea for good.

Terry started again, and played full 90 mins against Watford, he reminds us why he's a legend and at the same time why it might be the time for him to leave.

Terry scored another goal which marks his 17 seasons to score for Chelsea, only Lampard (18), Choles (19) and Giggs(21) could do better.

His presence on the field is still feel like the leader Chelsea has always wanted... Despite, Watford went on and scored 3 goals, which one was from his mistake... His age might not allow him to stay on top of the game week in week out anymore... He is still great though.

Chelsea appreciates him, still very much do, the fans too. It's LOVELY. They offered him another year contract but Terry has decided to leave. He wants to leave as a legend, not a burden. May be it's for the best.

“I never wanted to be that player, the kind who hangs about, and who people can’t wait to get rid of,” he said. “I think the transition for myself, being on the bench and seeing it from a different aspect, has served me well and will serve me well if I go into management in the future.

Thanks legend.

After Sunday, he might retire from football. And we all shall miss him sorely.terry

Comments
chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Lampard scored 13 goals and had 3 assists in 19 games in the second season lmao and he scored their first ever hattrick lol.

SunFlash 7 years ago Edited
USA 19 3260

12 goals. Still an ok number I suppose.

A bit better context can be provided by the comments section on the MLS site when it was announced - as the group of commenters there are far more invested in MLS than either of us, and their opinion on Lampard's time is totally unanimous.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/11/14/new-york-city-fc-announce-frank-lampards-departure-end-year

EDIT: The fairest comment I think I found on Lampard in that thread was this one, and I'd recommend it above anything that has been said here:

As a NYCFC fan, Lampard was both a success and failure for the club. Sure, he was a major disappointment, in many regards. But, not to be overlooked is the fact that he worked very hard when dealing with injuries, and he was professional in that regard. He helped Jack Harrison immensely, I strongly believe, because they were both playing through injuries in training during the beginning of the season, and that chemistry translated to the field.
Without Lampard, NYC would not have been where they were this season. So, yes, for all the bad aspects of his stint (which it unfortunately was a stint), he helped in some ways too. But yes, I agree NYC was probably better off without him in some ways. Give him the credit he deserves though, as well.

• History
iHEARTfootball 7 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

What an absolute legend of a player. Much respect (as a player, but not as a person).

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Lol ungrateful amateurs.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Lol ungrateful amateurs.

That's very disappointing from you and I expect better. They watch just as much of this game as we do, probably more. They are discussing a league they live and breathe, and one that you barely know. For you to describe them as ungrateful amateurs is so condescending that it renders your entire position worthless.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Sunflash Just to say, the arrogant badger stuff was banter, hope it doesn't bother you sun, if it those, I won't do it again, promise. :)

Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Captain. Leader. Legend. One of the greatest.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

@sun i could not give a damn about some random people's opinions on legends, they are ungrateful amateurs.
Every team would be happy with 13 goals and 3 assists in 19 games.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Chelsea8 13 goals and 3 assists in 19 games? Where does this come from? I don't want to be a prick but I don't think Terry would score that in the MLS.

@Sunflahs Maybe he should go one year in China to get the big money or simply retire then, no use wasting his time in the MLS if the general opinion is that nobody actually want him. :(

• History

@Chelsea8 13 goals and 3 assists? Where does this come from? I don't want to be a prick but I don't think Terry would score that in the MLS.

@Sunflahs Maybe he should go one year in China to get the big money or simply retire then, no use wasting his time in the MLS if the general opinion is that nobody actually want him. :(

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

@emo we are talking about lampard

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Chelsea8 Ouch, that'll teach to try and answer comment when I'm not awaken in the morning. XD

bluezz 7 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

:( i don't know what to say.... i love you john. I'm actually gonna cry............ and i thought was sad when lamps left but this is just something else.....

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Emre Damn, that video really hit me hard in the feel. :( Goodbye Terry and all the best.