Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Joao Felix join Atletico Madrid
Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11426

So, Joao Felix has just become the third biggest transfer in the history of football after Neymar and M'bappe leaving Benfica to join Atletico Madrid for €126 (or £112.9 if you like it better). The question I have is, do you think this wonderkid will live up to the hype? Thats a big amount of money nowaday and considering he will take over Griezmann number 7, it seem Atletico are hoping for him to become their next main man in attack. Thats what it feel like to me and I personally think its a lots of pressure for a 19 years old lad who have yet to play outside of Portugal. What are your thought on the manner?

Comments
raimondo90 5 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I thought that was a ridiculously high fee for him. Atelti is known for the striker scouting and development so I'm sure he's gonna develope to his potential. I'm the end, they had the cash from Greiz sale so why not invest in a potential wonder kid. Proper coaching under Cholo and he will be worth twice that.

iHEARTfootball 5 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

This is a good signing, no matter what, for Athletico. Every top club were going for him, and he looks to be a super talent waiting to unleash the beast under Simeone's management. This is done under a new stadium too, so it feels like a new era for the club.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11426

Interesting opinions, it sound good to me at least. I hope you guys are right, would love to see him become a big name and the next big thing in La Liga for a while. Would be nice.

_Marcos_ 5 years ago
Sporting CP, Portugal 15 264

He is good, but I'm not sure if he is going to do well in Madrid.
He is so young and only played for 6 mouths in a professional level.
I think he is going to be or a big superstar or a big flop! 1 of the 2.
Nevertheless, GREAT sell from Benfica side.
120M€ for a 19 year old that only played 6 mouths...
Jorge Mendes really is a miracle worker!

OnceABlueAlwaysABlue 5 years ago
Chelsea, England 5 211

Whats his physicality like?... He looks like he should work on his upper body strength quite a bit in order to be more successful

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Can't believe Atleti won the race to his signature.

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

He will do well in Atletico. They know how to nourish young players and develop them. El Cholo has an iron discipline and full control of the squad, so I don’t think his star ego will get in the way. Felix most probably knows what type of manager he will have. Plus Spanish league is a great technical league where young players don’t have intense week and week out full schedule games and can recover faster and focus on their development faster.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11426

@Ledley Why not? Were you expecting a bigger team to get him first? Considering they were losing Griezmann though, I feel like it made sense.

tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Messi and Ronaldo changed the transfermarket for ever. All wonder kids now who looks like future BO winners are worth + 100M.
I saw his progression this season, i still see the potential. BUT realistically, 3 caps in CL, only half a season as a starter and specially this looks like to a high risk bargain.

Ben Arfa was just as good at his age, atmosphere and mental is key for teenagers to keep progressing... the price is a speculation on how good he can become and not on how good he is.

Every club now is gambling on finding the new gem that will sell shirts, extend fan base and become the best player. the fact he is handsome and europeen makes the price climbing because he got a real marketting potential.

He can be the next Mbappe or the next Depay, or he will get slow progression like Martial. But at least Mbappe had 6 goals in 9 games of CL scoring against City, Juve and Dortmund. Leaded Monaco to be champ.

Barça and Real started gambling for a while with Hallilovic and Madrid with a Danish i forgot the name. then Dembele, Vinicius...these clubs try to find the next best seller and the trophies winner but if they dont succeed they throw them out of the squad.

In Atletico's case, if he flops it will hurt them alot, they bought Lemar for 70 mil and now this...

I believe in the player, saw him given the pk spot and getting a hattrick at such a young age, i predict him a big career but it remains risky buisness. same for De ligt and De jong, wonder kids are getting in the midle of speculation...

But if you get the right gamble, you win the jackpot. transfers nowadays look like trading for me.

SunFlash 5 years ago
USA 19 3260

I wouldn't have done it, but if anyone knows what they're doing it's Atletico I guess.

rayrex7 5 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Great player, good player selection from Atleti but way too overpriced, and lets not forget the expectations this kid needs to achieve from his transfer price, the pressure will kill him, he needs a strong will and mentality to win over the club, fans and media. Hope he lives up to the hype.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11426

@tiki Wow, great analysis once again man, thanks for sharing your opinion.

@rayrex7 Yeah, I seriously hope he doesn't flop, would be a shame.

@Sunflash I propably wouldn't have done it either to be fair, seem like a risky move but like you said, generally, Atletico know their stuff. Though the Lemar transfer didn't really yet worked out the way it should, hopefully, Felix won't be the same...

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Madrid with a Danish i forgot the name.

Odegaard.

Ledley Why not? Were you expecting a bigger team to get him first? Considering they were losing Griezmann though, I feel like it made sense.

Hell yeah man. Thought he was a certainty to go to a PL team given the spending.

Atleti played everyone like when they signed 'El Tigre' Falcao in his prime.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11426

Hell yeah man. Thought he was a certainty to go to a PL team given the spending.

Atleti played everyone like when they signed 'El Tigre' Falcao in his prime.

Fair enough mate, though if I'm being sincere, I was expecting him to go to a big spanish club. Didn't expect Atletico though. Then again, Barca was targeting Griezmann and Real signed Jovic, so it wouldn't have made sense for them to sign a striker.