Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Jesús Navas to sign for Manchester City from Sevilla for £17m
FredTilson 11 years ago
Manchester City, France 61 769

Jesús Navas is set to become the first signing of the Manuel Pellegriniera at Manchester City. The Sevilla and Spain right-winger is on the verge of completing a deal that will take him to England for an initial €20m (£17m) fee, plus a further €5.5m based on performance, of which the Spanish club believe that €3.5m are virtually guaranteed.

The length of his contract and his salary are not yet known but sources suggest that he will earn more than double the amount he did in La Liga, where he was reportedly on €2.5m a year.Navas will travel to the Confederations Cup with Spain a City player. Following Sevillas final game of the season on Saturday night the clubs manager Unai Emery admitted: All the signs are that Navas will leave. He added: It is the best thing for Navas and for the club. Asked about his future, Navas responded: I am open to anything and I want to win titles. City is a team I like a lot. Now, the deal only awaits the final signatures.

The 27-year-old believes he is now ready to move abroad having fully overcome the anxiety attacks that marked the early stages of his career. His initial introduction to the Spain squad was delayed because of the problems he encountered when leaving his native Seville, but with the club and the national team working with him he was a successful part of the selección at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa and at last summers European Championships in Ukraine. He has won 23 caps.Navas will bring City pace on the right wing, the ability to take on full-backs and deliver telling passes.

He has provided 79 clear chances in the Spanish league this season, the fifth highest total in the country.His signing is an intriguing one, not only because of the need to adapt to Manchester but also because Pellegrini has rarely played with out-and-out wingers in the past, usually preferring his wide men to come inside. Navas could undergo the kind of evolution that Joaquín experienced under Pellegrini at Málaga, encouraged to move towards the middle and ending up playing behind the striker. His game has also been altered slightly in his final season at Sevilla, becoming involved in more central positions in the absence of a natural playmaker.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jun/03/jesus-navas-manchester-city-signs-17m

Comments
ArsenalGunners 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 37 1662

Navas for 17m? Man cith are gettin ripped off he aint worth that much.

FredTilson 11 years ago Edited

A bit probably but there arent enough good Right Wingers available at the moment.

Thats exactly his value on transfermarkt.com so seems fair to me.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

You do know that he created the highest number of chances from open play in the entire La Liga in 2012-2013. There arent enough good Right Wingers available at the moment.

A bit probably but there arent enough good Right Wingers available at the moment.

ikoiko 11 years ago
Arsenal, Spain 53 853

Great signing and at a bargain in my opinion.

knibis 11 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

he will always be a sevilla player in my eyes. a real bargain

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

I think that price is about right.

HIS EYES... THEY'RE FREAKY!

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

^ I was thinking the same thing :/

ironfist2010 11 years ago
Real Madrid, Egypt 69 907

i heared he has a psychological disorder makes him doesn't like to live outside spain ( particularly home town ) dun know if it's right or not !

quikzyyy 11 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

i can't see this guy playing somewhere else than in Sevilla...

mladen 11 years ago
Manchester United, Yugoslavia 253 2319

THAT eyes..

Heisinburg 11 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

Good player. I remember him being a dominant sub during the World Cup

FredTilson 11 years ago

its officially confirmed:

http://www.sevillafc.es/nuevaweb/actualidad/noticias/29174

Google translate:

Jesus Navas Sevilla FC leaves bound for Manchester City. That same Monday Sevilla FC has accepted the offer of the English club, taking into account the will of the player, that it will take a medical. Navas, after 10 seasons in the first team and performance that puts him as the best end of the story of Nervion, wants to continue his successful career in English football, more specifically at a club where he can continue to grow as a player, as already stated publicly on several occasions in recent months.It goes from Sevilla after having achieved everything, winning two UEFAS, one European Super Cup, two Copa del Rey and Supercopa of Spain, as well as classifying Sevilla to Europe to eight times.

All this in 393 official matches, putting him as the sixth most capped Sevilla, surpassed only by Busto, Campanal, Manolo Jiménez, Juan Arza and Paul White, who leads this elite ranking with 415 crashes.The end electric debuted with a distant Seville November 23, 2003 against Espanyol de Barcelona at Montjuic, with the help of Joaquin Caparros, who in the 04/05 will become fixed in their lineups. Navas grown season after season and became untouchable: Juande, Jimenez, Antonio Alvarez, Gregorio Manzano, Marcelino, Michel and Unai Emery always had him as a fixture. With its outstanding performance, the international hit with the selection in November 2009, being a regular since Vicente del Bosque and having won the 2010 World Cup team, participating in the goal of the final and the 2012 European Championship .

To the memory of his dribbles sevillismo will that left most of the belts loose, its impossible rhythm changes, the speed with which the centers arming, mythical empathy exhibited with Daniel Alves - what a pair! - The many assists that Frederic Kanoute served-one in the final in Glasgow, or, among many other milestones, the goal he scored against Atletico Madrid in the Cup final in 2010, sitting on the floor to De Gea and pounding to the network, for certify that it was his sixth title as Sevilla. At Sevilla came from Los Palacios in cadet category. At 27 leaves after almost a lifetime, leaving a trail of successes and a legendary footballer own records has been and will always be at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan.And their numbers are there: Sevilla with more titles, with Kanoute, Escude, Renato, Luis Fabiano, Adriano and Andres Palop, Sevilla\'s most capped, Sevilla over a national team titles ... In short, a player unique. Due to its call to the Confederations Cup, Sevilla FC postponed the official farewell to their star has been in recent years and vertex must champion Sevilla over history, for his return, in order to give maximum enhancement to an idol, although blue light of the future, idol will remain.

ikoiko 11 years ago
Arsenal, Spain 53 853

Sad day in the red part of Sevilla.

knibis 11 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

oil clubs... -_-

tdot2barca 11 years ago
Assyriska FF, Brazil 35 956

Too cheap.

samuel999 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 6 185

Funny how city barely use him cos he mainly bench warms because nasri gets picked ahead of him at right wing.