Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Jason Roberts refuses to wear 'Kick it OUT' shirt
Heisinburg 12 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

The previous 'Let's kick racism out' campaign turned out to be a big fail after all, after the unfortunate incidents between JT and A. Ferdinand, alongside Suarez and Evra. 

The Ferdinand brothers have decided to open a similar campaign known as 'Kick it out', which primarily focuses on getting rid of racism in football. Most people, including all players and staff, will be involved in this campaign, supporting anti-racism. This will be shown in the upcoming BPL games, where Most people will be wearing a 'Kick it Out' shirt.

However, it's just been recent news that Reading striker Jason Roberts, refused to wear the 'Kick it out' shirt, as he believes that it won't make much of a difference when doing so to spread the message of ending racism. He quotes, I won’t wear one. I find it hard to wear a t-shirt after what happened last year. ‘I’m totally committed to kicking racism out of football but when there’s a movement I feel represents the issue in the way that speaks for me and my colleagues, then I will happily support it. I think people feel let down by what used to be called “Let’s Kick Racism Out of Football”.
Big managers like SAF and Arsene Wenger, have questioned Roberts's decision in doing so. Ferguson told the press that Roberts should wear the bloody shirt in order to show that everyone involved/supporting this campaign are  "united".Wenger believes that this campaign is specifically aimed to end racism towards black-skinned players, highlighting the fact that if they do join the campaign, then it makes this "whole thing not efficient and not credible" 

In my opinion, Roberts does raise some interesting points about the anti-racism principle in the games. After the failure of the previous event, thanks to JT and Suarez, it's reasonable and quite understandable for Roberts to think that this upcoming event won't create much of  an impact as the previous one. But SAF is right about the fact that although Roberts supports anti-racism, he should still wear the shirt to show that everyone are "united" in attempting to end this bullshit.
What are your thoughts on this situation? I welcome it.

Comments
raimondo90 12 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Sorry but in my opinion wearing a shirt really doesn't do anything. Yeah they can be "united" all they want but that does little to end it. To end racism it requires more of the people and not players. People need to be taught when they are young. Charities can help too. Also stricter punishment to players and fans that are proved guilty. If a teams supporters are guilty of racially abusing players then fines or kicking out fans temporarily should be effective.  

Trollman 12 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

I don't give a shit what people say. Terry is no racist.

Heisinburg 12 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

You did raise some good points. I totally agree, a simple step like this won't do anything, but it isn't intentionally aimed to "end it" completely. For a country that is considered one of the most racist countries in the world, God knows how long it will take them to to end it all.  Like you implied, this is a long term process, but there needs to be simple reconciliations such as this, as it is one of the building bricks to ending racism. So I disagree with you, the shirt thing does do something, which is just spreading more awareness, which isn't exactly big but it is better than nothing.

man_utd 12 years ago
Manchester United, South Korea 91 1444

@Trollman
Just because he plays with other black players doesn't mean he's not a racist.
Suarez plays with Sterling so I guess he's not a racist.
@raimondo90
Agree with you. It's not like racism isn't known all over the world.
The second step is to actually stop people from being racist. 
And if wearing a shirt could affect or stop or lessen racism in the pitch and off, 
everyone would be wearing that shirt.

naman93 12 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

punishments should be strict AND should set an example so that in future players think twice before passing racist comments. Strict rules and even more strict implementations of these rules will create fear.

ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

They should just ban players who are racist. End of.

@Trollman, Terry was caught shouting to Anton a racist comment; in court he said 'I was just repeating what he said to me' so Anton was being racist to himself?

Trollman 12 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

If he was truly a racist no black player in Chelsea would stand him. If he called him a black **** its no where near racist in my opinion. If anything if Anton called Terry a white **** no one would give a shit. Stop considering calling a black person black wrong. You make me feel like they're special. I've seen as many black people diss different races.

WhatTheHell 12 years ago
Barcelona, Spain 15 591

LOL! calling Anton Ferdinand a F****** B**** C*** is not a racsit lol

Trollman 12 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

"He is not a racist," Mourinho told CNN. "That's 100%. We [Chelsea] had a squad where we had 12 African players in the squad. It was a fantastic squad and he had always a great relation with every one of them.

"But in football it can happen, and I know it can happen, that during a football match because sometimes it's more than a game and sometimes you have reactions that don't represent what you are really.

"Probably, he had a racist comment or a 'racist' attitude against an opponent and, sometimes in football, we look to our opponents in the wrong way. But to pay, he has to be punished.

"But please, don't say that he is a racist because I know what I am saying... [Didier] Drogba will say, Geremi will say, [Claude] Makelele will say, all of them will say that he is not a racist."

Mourinho claims, in addition, that he has never witnessed or felt any forms of racism in the dressing rooms of any of the clubs he has managed.

"I never felt it," he added. "Never. In a dressing room, I have never felt it, and I've always had African players in every one of my teams."

@WTH: People get carried away at games. QPR are one of our rivals. When a brawl happens players tend to say something they never ever say or say it by anger. He is no racist and there are more quotes from people who played with him and not the media trying to get the worst out of news.

ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

@trollman- "people get carried away at games". You think that is a liable excuse for being racist to someone? Put yourself in a judges shoes, and Terry say's "Oops, i got carried away"

Trollman 12 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

I believe he deserves to be punished no matter what got him carried away. My point is, he is not a racist its just anger got the best of him.

Keisuke 12 years ago
Chelsea, Japan 0 830

Racism doesnt exist... It's in your heads...

naman93 12 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

What we saw in this week's Champion League clashes !!

DonAndres 12 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

Dafuq..Where did you see Liverpool in Champions league this week? :P

naman93 12 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

oops .. dats what the caption was ... sorry for ignorance :P EPIC FAIL !!

Ronaldo-R9 12 years ago
Inter, Italy 19 337

My Dad is originally from Brazil and he told me that its normal in South America to call black people as negro and white people as blanco. in SA they dont really care about skin color and they wont feel offended but here in Europe if you cant just call black people as nigger or negro so thats why Suarez got booked for that

ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

New country new law.