{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

James Bond retired - Next 007 a female male hater
_Pelle_ 5 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

Hollywood turning James Bond into a beta-male like this:
enter image description here

Next 007 is going to be a black female... and James Bond will be subjected to #Metoo and retired. GTFO!

RiP
1962-2019

Comments
nandaYNWA 5 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

as i understand, 007 is a title, which the new female protagonist will be given. daniel craig will still be in the movie as james bond.

however, i completely agree with the sentiment that you dont need diversity in everything, and notions to the contrary of this can sometimes be damaging for the thing which diversity is forced upon.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago Edited

007 has always been sold as being synonymous with James Bond. Dont try to sell a product and then change it after we buy it...

They should stop ruining every franchise with these cringy af female characters that are being casted with the sole purpose to teach us that ”yes women can too”. Its so fake and forced on us that it ruins the entertainment. Be original for f*** sake...

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

007 has always been sold as being synonymous with James Bond. Dont try to sell a product and then change it after we buy it...

They should stop ruining every franchise with these cringy af female characters that are being casted with the sole purpose to teach us that ”yes women can too” and sont need men. Its so fake and forced on us that it ruins the entertainment. Be original for f*** sake...

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Hmmm .. i don't see it going beyond 1 - 2 films and ultimately, I think in a few years it will go back to being the normal Bond.

iHEARTfootball 5 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

I see this as a high risk, high rewards case. I'm sure the guys behind the 007 franchise were expecting such backlash, but think about it.

If Dench was able to own her iconic role as 'M', because 'M' was also initially played by a series of male actors, then I don't see why the 007 title being awarded to a female is also a worry. The timing of it all is indeed questionable, but I'd like to see the films first and make my mind up before trashing the idea without giving it a chance. Craig being Bond is also a good example of blowing my mind when I first was hesitant to see him carry on the Bond legacy.

• History

I see this as a high risk, high rewards case. I'm sure the guys behind the 007 franchise were expecting such backlash, but think about it.

If Dench was able to own her iconic role as 'M', because 'M' was also initially played by a series of male actors, then I don't why the 007 title being awarded to a female is also a worry. The timing of it all is indeed questionable, but I'd like to see the films first and make my mind up before trashing the idea without giving it a chance. Craig being Bond is also a good example of blowing my mind when I first was hesitant to see him carry on the Bond legacy.

DarthFooty 5 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

The timing of it all is the key here. Over half the global population is female and we are in a women empowerment moment, why not capitalize on that. Lot's of ladies will go see this, plenty of men, and as long as the story is well done, it will be a success.

It peaked my wife's interest more and she is not a huge Bond fan.

Emobot7 5 years ago Edited
538 11432

So, I've been thinking about this and checking a bit of thing but maybe we are just too focused on the fact this Lashana Lynch lady will be the next 007. Thats doesn't make her the next James Bond. Sure, 007 is nearly as iconic as the name James Bond but the true hero of the James Bond movie isn't the agent 007, its the guy named James Bond (which make sense since the movie were alway named after him rather than his code name). For all we know, he might retake the 007 code name in the future. I don't understand why everyone losing their mind. From a plot point of view, it might actually be quite interesting.

Edit: Also, Pelle, where do you get that this lady is a male hater? Checked around a bit and didn't heard anything about it.

• History

So, I've been thinking about this and checking a bit of thing but maybe we are just too focused on the fact this Lashana Lynch lady will be the next 007. Thats doesn't make her the next James Bond. Sure, 007 is nearly as iconic as the name James Bond but the true hero of the James Bond movie isn't the agent 007, its the guy named James Bond (which make sense since its named after him rather than his code name). For all we know, he might retake the 007 code name in the future. I don't understand why everyone losing their mind. From a plot point of view, it might actually be quite interesting.

So, I've been thinking about this and checking a bit of thing but maybe we are just too focused on the fact this Lashana Lynch lady will be the next 007. Thats doesn't make her the next James Bond. Sure, 007 is nearly as iconic as the name James Bond but the true hero of the James Bond movie isn't the agent 007, its the guy named James Bond (which make sense since the movie were alway named after him rather than his code name). For all we know, he might retake the 007 code name in the future. I don't understand why everyone losing their mind. From a plot point of view, it might actually be quite interesting.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago

I’m talking about the bs character, not the real actress. A black woman... how politically inflated isnt that smh

”Interesting, no worry, capitalize on that”... wtf is this place full of beta-males too??

Ghostbusters, Star wars, batman... 007... franchise after franchise force feeds us poisonous feministic agenda, and making a good movie is nothing but secondary nowadays. Bend over to that all you want but I’m not buying it.

It’s a shame that the entertainment industry and particularly Hollywood has become so inept in producing good original female characters like Sarah O’connor, Ripley, Lara Croft, Leia, Hermione etc.
Instead we get lame copy/pasted female versions of male chatacters like Batwoman, female 007, female ghostbusters etc.

There is no originality in that... it’s cringy and an agenda.

Greatone 5 years ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

lol, talking about beta males instead of thinking that people are using their heads.

you might be right in saying its an agenda, every movie, every piece of media has an agenda and theres a reason why producers manage to secure so much money in hollywood because its a form of lobbying and in america they love their lobbying but if you use your head like everyone else here you will see what matters most a lot of the time: money.

As football fans we love to reference the money generated by the males world cup versus the female world cup and use that as a way of defending the gap in pay between males and females footballer players - it's logical after all.

Now use that same logic to a producer for a major hollywood film, potentially there is a lot more money to be made if they can convince a target audience to see their film that would previously never be interested, you might lose a few men in the process but not as much as you will gain from the women market.

Stop talking shit Pelle and start using your brain.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago

After almost 60 years of success you tell me they suddenly realized they might generate more money with this move... gtfo. You want logic, how about not changing a winning formula. If it sucked it wouldnt have lasted this long. But if you want to appeal to audiences like women and Greatone, be my guest. But you will definitely lose audience like men and Pelle.

This move is bs... its a no-brainer.

Greatone 5 years ago

k, lol

DarthFooty 5 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

I love how we are not "men" because we don't disagree or hate this change for 007. To each your own though.....

Thing is Pelle, I completely agree with your statement that we should be creating new, original content for strong female roles, not just recycle old, established ones. While 007 is just a position and not a gender, I don't see an issue with this move. I will say it would be pretty ridiculous if they named her character Jane Bond or Janelle Bond, or what ever.

If the film is written well, has good action, good plot, good acting, good chemistry, I will enjoy it for what it is, a movie.

Emobot7 5 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Pelle To be fair, I'm not an huge Bond fan so there is propably this helping me taking thing relatively calmly but I agree you make some good point. Cinema should try to create new stuff instead of taking old recipe and changing the ingredient just to please certain people.

• History

@Pelle To be fair, I'm not an huge Bond fan so there is propably this helping me taking thing relatively calmly but I agree you make some good point. Cinema should try to create new stuff instead of taking recipe and changing the ingredient just to please certain people.

Greatone 5 years ago Edited

no one is disagreeing with his point but his inability to see from anyone else's point of view or line of thought on an online forum is hilarious

• History

no one is disagreeing with his point but his inability to see from anyone else's point of view or line of thought on a forum is hilarious

Lord_Bendtner 5 years ago
Denmark 1 296

That female is not going to have the same bond to 007 as James.

tuan_jinn 5 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

So what is going to happen now?

I have no problem with a female 007, a gay or any GLBT for that matter. But like it or not that image has been associated to much with J. Bond.

Same with Genie in the lamp has to be a big fat blue cute guy, suddenly it's a pinky skinny boobsy chika I would kunfu kick my TV :(.

Anyway, if this happen, they gotta work hard to change the whole motive of this 007. Or will she be a sexy slutty agent now? Don't take it a wrong way, but lollz, if she hits on guys on her duty and just screw around one after another, the world would blow. It is what it is, they can't sell it in Asia.

Then, The next is what????? Bond makes out with another 6 packs guy on scene? :(. won't work.

I agree with most points about creativity, but then makes another type of series. Same category but a lot more diverse.

• History

So what is going to happen now?

I have no problem with a female 007, a gay or any GLBT for that matter. But like it or not that image has been associated to much with J. Bond.

Same with Genie in the lamp has to be a big fat blue cute guy, suddenly it's a pinky skinny boobsy chika I would kunfu kick my TV :(.

Anyway, if this happen, they gotta work hard to change the whole motive of this 007. Or will she be a sexy slutty agent now? Don't take it a wrong way, but lollz, if she hits on guys on her duty and just screw around one after another, the world would blow. It is what it is, they can't sell it in Asia.

Then, next is what. Bond makes out with another guy on scene? :(.

I agree with most points about creativity, but then makes another type of series. Same category but a lot more diverse.

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Interesting points. I hear MM International is a major hit after they bravely casted black female actress. Ghost busters females was amazing movie too and it broke the boxes just like MM.

It is like taking movie “Blade” Wesley Snipes and giving it to some white dude. I don’t imagine blade any other than what black actor created.

I think Hollywood has gone very political in recent years, and they are paid well to push political agendas through their movies. So @greatone is on to something because to them it doesn’t matter who pays. If you all know many Hollywood war movies or military movies often paid by US Military and scripts are carefully reviewed by US military personal ( true story). Right, in America there are big issues, so I expect these movies to be out because they are big commercials for political campaigns and social reforms.

Movies are a powerful tool to shift paradigms and create new stigmas.

I think Alpha male in the western countries has become a rare thing, so this James Bond movie only reflects Beta male society we have become. Masculinity is toxic and femenity is the cure we need to save our doomed violent world.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

Oh also I see everyone agrees including me that fresh, new and original content has become a rare thing in movie industry. We watch spinoffs, remakes and just simply updated re-releases lol they take audience for morons, because people still go to theater. So, I was in movie theater last month to watch Acengers and Spider-Man Far from home. First one was well worth the money but second came for free so I didn’t mind yet it was ok.

However, before last month I haven’t paid for a movie or been to a movie theater for almost 3 years. Not saying to follow my lead but everyone has an option. Internet has blessed us with abundance of resources and sources to watch anything for free lol

Marcus2011 5 years ago

I think black actress special agent is cool idea but make your own video. Lol why these people want to piss of whites people?

Like I said Men in Black with Will Smith was amazing and he made that character so why ruin it with some black female actress. Create new original story and new movie that may become franchise instead of ruining legacy of the old ones.

Ben Afleck did the right thing when he quit Batman because he realized he can’t do better than Christian Bale. I doubt black male actor or black female actor will turn Batman story around, and win audience. Black Panther was original and it was plaid by mostly black actors/ actresses and it was a success due its own originality . These actors created their own franchise legacy that there will be another black panther movie. This is how movies are done right.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

Case and point: 1973 movie Battle of the Sexes based on real life event which was pretty much old Bobby Riggs throwing the game out for some unknown reasons and then Hollywood solidifying this “epic” event in the movie so people will believe that female Has beaten male tennis player and not just a tennis player l, but Legendary Bobby Riggs. Evet at 55 that old man could have whooped her. Hollywood as always makes movies that are demanded and paid by ruling political classes