{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Is Torres back or not
keith28120 11 years ago
Chelsea, Ireland 60 177

I Want to know of you think Torres is back

Comments
Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I want people to realize that Torres will never be "back". You have to realize what he has lost since moving to Chelsea.

First of all, there's no Steven Gerrard/Xabi Alonso on Chelsea. He had a wonderful mental connection with them, and even though there's Frank Lampard, Lampard doesn't get enough playing time to continuously supply Torres with quality balls.

Second, he doesn't have the mental support of the fans. Chelsea fans are not like Liverpool fans. It's like that for every club. The atmosphere is just simply different at every stadium. Back at Liverpool, he always had the fans backing him, and that gave him the confidence to challenge a defender or goalkeeper much more than it does now.

Third, I believe he got injured prior to arriving at Chelsea. That cut his speed in basically half. He's as slow as a donkey when you compare him to what he used to be. If you remember him clearly, his speed was a major part to his game. He used to run on to those long passes by Alonso/Gerrard and calmly put the ball past the goalkeeper. I haven't seen him improve his health in the time he has been at Chelsea, and he doesn't look like doing it anytime soon either, especially as he approaches being 30 years old.

So just to put it simply, Torres looks to me like he doesn't have the confidence to get back to what he used to be. He's not coming back. It's much too late now. End of story.

PuppetMaster 11 years ago
England 15 331

how many times people have already said that?

MessiDona 11 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 19 248

^ lol i wonder how much longer we're going to hear people say "is torres back?" 
im guessing everytime he gets a 2goal game which will be like once a month or 2 months...

Golden 11 years ago
35 693

Fantastic said, Dynastian. Very well written; I couldn't agree more.

Jeffrey_Hazard 11 years ago
Chelsea, France 81 456

he will never be back,his a new player in blue,only good in red,but atm his improving lets see what happens till jan