Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Is Fernando Torres on the brink of returning to his old self?
Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

I know... what is this? The 256,231,299th time we heard that? But this time it really seems like it. Torres has scored 5 goals and made 1 assist in 3 matches. People say typical Torres doing good for 1 week then failing, but this time it seems he just is gaining confidence every time. From almost scoring a hatrick against Sunderland to pushing Luiz aside to take a penalty. His pace seems to be improving as well. I truly believe if he keeps this momentum up, we may see a return. Then again, it might just be typical Torres.

Comments
nandaYNWA 11 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

I actually think he might be back, but I'm still skeptical 

DonAndres 11 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

i still like him.
he was one of my favourite Strikers since the time he played for atletico.
 but to be Never liked the fact that he left Liverpool(everyone there was great with him,especially the fans who loved him like a god but he left for another english team).

Heisinburg 11 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

It seems weird, but Torres only seems to be in good form during the big games, but quite mediocre during the league games. This is exactly what Park Ji Sung was like in our club back then. So to answer your question, no - Torres's recent form is going to be temporary in league games, but in the big games, he was always in top form.

Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

Heis, I understand. He has done that multiple times but I think your forgetting his last 3 games were Nordsamdskwnskn (we knew we were out), Sunderland (not a big game), Monterrey(sounds like a Jamaican calling Terry, but also not a big team or really important because we knew we were winning).

Heisinburg 11 years ago

Okay, so why did you even bother asking us whether of not he was back into his old self, if the teams you've fought weren't that big of a deal?

quikzyyy 11 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

He will got it harder than ever to be that "El Nino" as all football fans know, we will see next weeks what he will show us.

Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

@Heisinburg: I was only correcting you about the important matches. Big teams or small teams you're theory was he only scores in big games. I was just telling you the last 3 weren't really important and he still scored. Got it?

Kibeloko 11 years ago
Real Madrid, Brazil 1 54

Actually i think it's Benitez, maybe Torres feel more comfortable when he see Benitez on the Couch. Or maybe Benitez know how to cheer up Torres and encourage him to play.

man_utd 11 years ago
Manchester United, South Korea 91 1444

People said this last year and said the Old Torres is "back".
I personally don't really think he is. IMO he's a little overrated.
When he scores a few goals, he's now something to watch out for.

I also remember people saying last year like you, he seems to be gaining
confidence, he's improving etc... but I'm a little pessimistic about this "return".

Heisinburg 11 years ago

I got it. In fact, I change my mind, I don't think he's on the brink of returning to his old self, since the last three teams he has fought against weren't considered much of a challenge for him. 

Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

Okay, glad to clear things up :).

Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

I'd rather have him scoring in every game instead of only big matches. My opinion since I didn't post one yet. By then after scoring multiple goals in all games he would be able to score in any game, big or small.

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

I don't think so yet..

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

Look, for me, Torres will NEVER be able to return to the peak of his earlier days simply because his injuries have lessened his pace (something, that is not recoverable). That's not to say, however, that he canno return to pretty good form by recovering other atributes (shooting accuracy, intelligent runs, good link-up, etc.). I don't know if he'll actually ever return to good form (only time will tell) but I will make a few observations. 1- It doesn't take a genius to figure out that Torres is not suited to Chelsea's previous playing styles. AVB's Chelsea's relied on the old style of a striker that can hold up play and be good with his back to goal (which obviously was never going to ork with Fernando). Chelsea may have changed personnel under DiMatteo but they didn't Correct the system. Under RDM, the wingers and CAM played short passes and stayed narrow attacking primarily through the center (ala tiki taka). Torres is not Iniesta. That's not his thing. Eventually he kept having to drop back and play the part of a midfielder b/c when he stayed up top he wasn't getting the ball and he was often squeezed out by the marauding runs of the midfielders.
Benitez knew this and, in fact, commented on the problem while he was still out of work. He changed it by encouring the players to stay wider and get more direct passes to Torres (instead of dancing outside the box until an openning was seen). 

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

Since I'm on the subject, Benitez was also clever in finally playing Luiz as a DM. HOW LONG HAVE I BEEN SAYING THAT HE SHOUD PLAY THERE???? Now time will tell, if Luiz can gradually adopt his game but it sured looked promising against Monterrey. Chelsea fans may not be very happy that I say this, but based on the evidence Rafa seems to be more aware of what he's doing and having a better organized plan than his beloved predecessor. Maybe you guys should cut him a little slack b/c it will only help the team do better.

Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

@Footaholic: honestly, I've been recently my hate for Benitez is fading step by step. If you would ask me on a scale from 1 to 10 how much I hate Rafa currently, I would say 6.5/10

expertfootball11 11 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

I never watch footaholic anaylysis, but 3 or 4 goals will not help him to get his previous form. Pretty sure about that.

CristianoRonaldo7 11 years ago
Real Madrid, Portugal 2 71

Just wait for a couple of weeks and he will be Fernando Scoreless..

Tuanis 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

his old self was nominated for Player of the Year, so I dont really see that coming any soon...