Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Is Cristiano Ronaldo overrated?!
ArgjentD 4 years ago
Juventus, Kosovo 6 155

So guys, here's a serious question.
Do you think that C.Ronaldo is overrated?!
I mean, he was good in Real Madrid, but since he joined Juventus he is not doing well.
Especially this season, most of his goals were from penalties or tap-ins, he can't dribble anymore and can't even manage to keep the ball in his feet for like 5 seconds because he will lose it.
It's kinda funny when i hear some people who say that Cristiano will win ballon d'or this year. He's not in top 5 anymore tbh, and players like Lewandowski for example are way way better than him.

Comments
DarthFooty 4 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

He is not in the best form compared to years past, but by no means is he overrated. Some of the best strikers in the world are best known for tap in goals because they are in the right place at the right time. That is still a skill.

He was always taking PK's so that has not changed, but he is not making those long runs with the ball as he once did. Age is a creepin!! haha

I would not put him as a fav for Ballon d"or but those votes are almost pure favoritism, so ya never know who will win it. haha

Gennady 4 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

Cristiano Ronaldo in Serie A this season:

🇮🇹 Games: 25
⚽ Goals: 24

He's 35-years old.

Emobot7 4 years ago Edited
538 11432

most of his goals were from penalties or tap-ins

Did i went back in the time? I seem to remember a time when people would call him penaldo or said he could only score from tap-ins or pen.

Truth is, Ronaldo is getting older but he still a quality player.

Obviously the fact he is excellent at taking penalty mean that of course he is taking them. Also, it make sense for a dominating team like Juve to get lots of penalty. As for tap-ins, it take good positioning and a attacker instinct to be at the right place and at the right time and Ronaldo is a pro at that.

I guess the problem is that he isn't as flashy as he used to be but from what I seen, his stat and performance are all very solid. Also, his consistency is examplary. Not a lot of player as regular as him, especially at this point of his career.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

most of his goals were from penalties or tap-ins

Did i went back in the time? I seem to remember a time when people would call him penaldo and said he could otherwise only score from tap-in.

Truth is, Ronaldo is getting older but he still a quality player.

Obviously the fact he is excellent at taking penalty mean that of course he is taking them. Also, it make sense for a dominating team like Juve to get lots of penalty. As for tap-ins, it take good positioning and a attacker instinct to be at the right place and at the right time and Ronaldo is a pro at that.

I guess the problem is that he isn't as flashy as he used to be but from what I seen, his stat and performance are all very solid. Also, his consistency is examplary. Not a lot of player as regular as him, especially at this point of his career.

expertfootball11 4 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

I'm not gonna waste time arguing on that...

ArgjentD 4 years ago
Juventus, Kosovo 6 155

@Gennady most of them penalties and tap-ins.
Ibrahimovic was 38 years old when he scored 31 goals in 31 matches but nobody talks about him.

@DarthFooty look, ofc he's overrated. I'm not saying he's a bad player, for his age he's doing fine but definitely he's not even in top 10 anymore. You have players like Immobile, Lewandowski, Mbappe, Neymar etc who are way better than him and still get less attention than him. People need to grow up and put aside that MESSI VS RONALDO thing or MESSI OR RONALDO thing, and open their eyes to see that there are some amazing and better players besides these 2.

DarthFooty 4 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

I respectfully disagree, ArgjentD. While I don't think he should be in the running for Ballon D'Or, he is not overrated, especially with how he is used at Juve right now.

Please don't confuse my opinion with me being a Ronaldo fan. He is one of the greatest ever, yes, but he is not my greatest ever. You can't argue with his stats, or what he has done at every club. The guy is a machine and works harder than most players out there.

This is not a Messi vs CR7 debate for sure, but he is not overrated in my opinion.

There are some very good up and coming players who no doubt will be looking to take top billings, and I am happy to see global football be in a solid-state to carry as many good players as it has.

SunFlash 4 years ago
USA 19 3260

Did i went back in the time? I seem to remember a time when people would call him penaldo or said he could only score from tap-ins or pen.

<3 Emo

If people are going to sit around and think Ronaldo is the same player he was in 2016, then sure, he's overrated. But most of us have brains and that isn't an issue.

You got to keep in mind the margins for this though. Even applying this to Messi, Messi hasn't scored over 40 goals in a season since 2014. He's still a ridiculously talented player, and that statistic itself proves how unbelievable another player would have to be to reach that height.. Same goes for Ronaldo.

It's kinda funny when i hear some people who say that Cristiano will win ballon d'or this year. He's not in top 5 anymore tbh, and players like Lewandowski for example are way way better than him.

Literally no one of any merit has said this.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

Well its depend on what you mean by overrated really, if you mean that some people say Ronaldo is still the best of the world right now, then obviously, they are overating him.

If they say he is still a very solid goalscorer who can score nearly a goal per game (not taking type of goal into consideration), then no, they are not overrating him.

Personally, you could put him in any team and I think he would still find a way to be one of the key player and to influence the game. Maybe just not as much as when he played for United or Madrid.

tiki_taka 4 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

29 games : 26 goals and 6 assists. He is directly implicated in 49% of his team's goals... He wasnt dribbling at Madrid too...
But these stats remain world class....