Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Irish newspaper mistakes Stormzy for new MUFC player Romelu Lukaku
alferroa 7 years ago
Liverpool, Indonesia 63 178

enter image description here

The Herald, an Irish newspaper, has run a photo of the grime star Stormzy with the headline: "Lukaku is ready for work." The Belgian forward, 24, has completed his £75m move to Manchester United after passing a medical:

Since photos of Lukaku in his club’s official kit has not launched yet, the Irish newspaper decided to use an old pictures of him... A picture of Stormzy, a ManU fan, not Romelu Lukaku.

Stormzy replied to the mistake:

The Herald has apologized for the mistake:

Comments
nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

such a fail hahaha :D

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

The writer drank too much whiskey I tell you that ahahaha

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

Not wanting to play devil advocat, but I'm guessing the people working in that journal are white as its a fact white people have harder time to differentiate black people. But even with that, its a big fail from them and its a very good thing they excused themselve afterward. Should alway double check your source when posting an article. :(

Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Everyone purposely mixes up Lukaku and Stormzy for the fun of it because they look similar, so it was only going to be a matter of time until someone gets fooled by the jokes and actually mixes up the two of them.

JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

@Eden: Yeah, but how do you fuck up so badly? I suppose they have to use some sort of search engine to find a picture of Lukaku. What was the thought process of the author? "I need a picture of Lukaku, lemme just type in Stormzy"? Baffling.

Also:

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Not wanting to play devil advocat, but I'm guessing the people working in that journal are white as its a fact white people have harder time to differentiate black people.