Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

If you were Pep...
Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

If you were Pep Guardiola, how much would you be ready to expense to get Bonnuci? The Italian international has been a target for the Spanish manager since last year and seeing how Stones have not been up to the task this season, he might be ready to spend more to get him, the question is, how much is he ready to spend?

Comments
Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@Emobot7 Mustafi is a one-dimentional defender, while Stones is dealing with Kolarov (left back) playing at centre and is already one of the best on-ball defenders in the league being only 22 years old. So if someone tells you that Stones is not good, he's openly lying to your face, like I said we are most probably talking about the future captain of Man.City, if he is already better in alot of elements than most Centre Backs, in some years he will be even better in basic covering and defending like John Terry was or like Vidic was.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

You post source which says Stones had better season than David Luiz.

Stones has bigger pass accuracy than Chiellini, so by your terms he is better than Chiellini?

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

He is in the starting lineup in Man City, had a price tag of 48 mil £, pretty sure he will be the wall of defence for Man. City in many years and also for England, he is already more comfortable with the ball than most centre backs in the league, he was already that when he was only 21 years old, not your typical english defender that is only strong in the air but has multiple qualities to offer for any team, that's why it was a fight between Chelsea or Man. City for him and we all know Arsenal was out of that race as soon as those big clubs had him as their target.

Basically he is the new Rio Ferdinand in the making, I can't think of any reason why wouldn't anyone want him in their team in the PL.

That's only the standard delusion of an Arsenal fan, whoever isn't in Arsenal is shit and overrated, I know I know, I get the concept.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Golazo Mate calm down, I don't wich Arsenal fan you met but I can promise you quikzyyy is not the kind of guy to look down on a player just because he is not in the Arsenal. Stop interpreting stuff please, its becoming agressif. :( Your allowed to think Stones is world class (wich by the way, isn't a very popular believe on this forum) but you should also understand other people are allowed to have their opinion as well. You know mate, I think you might need to understand that what for you is a given fact isn't alway the same for some other people and don't have to shoot them down for disagreeing with you. Sorry if it seem I'm lecturing you and I hope you won't take this the wrong way. :)

quikzyyy 7 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

City paid 48M for him and he is in the starting XI when they have no other CB available, so he is best centerback in the league because he has 89% completed passes.
End of your logic

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

City paid 48M for him, and he is in the starting XI when they had no other CB available, so he best centerback in the laegue.
End of your logic

City paid 48M for him, and he is in the starting XI when they have no other CB available, so he is best centerback in the laegue because he has 89% completed passes.
End of your logic

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@Emobot7 You see I know I'm right because as you can notice quicky here thinks that Stones is only in in Manchester City's starting 11 because they have no other CB available, it's very funny that you take his side because most people already know that Stones is the real deal, it's funny to even bother trying to explain what player we're talking about xD

So according to him he's there in Man.City, not because he is good, not because they wanted to buy him and work with him, not because of anything based on facts but because of the pure "coincidence" that he is the only Center back available. I can only laugh at that fail logic because I know that if he was in Arsenal that guy would sing a different tune xD

That alone gives me the right to say what normal people around the world know, he is a very talented player with many qualities that had top PL clubs fighting for him and he's not just a one dimentional defender, if someone is willing to pay for you 48 mil pounds you have something to offer and the pure fact that he is already a standard player in a very competitive league and very rich team shows he's worth my trouble to explain to you that he is in fact the player that is going to be around for some time, expect to see him next season fighting for the title in the league, Champions league and you'll see him in the World Cup as well, I'm out.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

most people already know that Stones is the real deal

Show me 1 guy, who thinks Stones is the real deal and worth 48 million pounds.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11435

@Golazo You got it wrong, the reason City buyed Stones for such a fee is because he is young, english, a decent prospect and fit Pep play-style. Also, you act as if you know that quikzyyy is being a hypocrite while you cannot be sure of that. I for one have conflicted feeling about Stones. Not taking quikzyyy side by the way, I'm really not a fan of Stones defending and I truly believe he is only number three at City, with Otamendi and Kompany being better (the only reason Stones see more action is because Kompany is nearly alway at the infirmary). I do believe he is gonna be a important part of City's defense in the future and wish him the best with his progression but for now, he still make many mistake and isn't WC yet.

That alone gives me the right to say what normal people around the world know

I had to tell you about this phrase, I think you got it wrong, normal people around the world all have different opinion on different things and nobody is knowledgeable enough to know what they all think about everything. I don't think you can say you know more than I or quikzyyy what "normal" people know because that would be like saying your opinion is the only possible truth in a way, while it cannot be, everyone have different opinion on those kind of thing. Sorry, this isn't really comming out the way I would like, hope you understand what I mean anyway.

@quikzyyy Well, he could show you a picture of Pep, or of himself. :P

• History

@Golazo You got it wrong, the reason City buyed Stones for such a fee is because he is young, english, a decent prospect and fit Pep play-style. Also, you act as if you know that quikzyyy is being a hypocrite while you cannot be sure of that. I for one have conflicted feeling about Stones. Not taking quikzyyy side by the way, I'm really not a fan of Stones defending and I truly believe he is only number three at City, with Otamendi and Kompany being better (the only reason Stones see more action is because Kompany is nearly alway at the infirmary). I do believe he is gonna be a important part of City's defense in the future and wish him the best with his progression but for now, he still make many mistake and isn't WC yet.

That alone gives me the right to say what normal people around the world know

I had to tell you about this phrase, I think you got it wrong, normal people around the world all have different opinion on different things and nobody is knowledgeable enough to know what they all think about everything. I don't think you can say you know more than I or quikzyyy what "normal" people know because that would be like saying your opinion is the only possible truth in a way, while it cannot be, everyone have different opinion on those kind of thing. Sorry, this isn't really comming out the way I would like, hope you understand what I mean anyway.

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

overall it's the best buy M. City have done in the past 2 years, we are looking at the future captain of Man City probably.

Stones would obviously be decent transfer if City didn't overpay 20-30 million pounds. He's English, he will obviously be overrated. Since his Everton days I didn't understand why is he so hyped. People thought (and think) that Stones is best young CB in the world forgetting people like Rugani, Sule, Elvedi, Tah, Kimpembe, Lucas Hernandez etc. I simply think Stones is good for City because their best defender is never fit (Kompany) and others are pretty mediocre (Otamendi) or out of position (Kolarov).

But hey, Arsenal got Mustafi for what 38 mil £ ? He's far worse than Stones trust me, every real Arsenal fan is envious of Man City getting Stones.

I don't really think 'real' Arsenal fans ever watched football if what you said is true.

Mustafi has the worst pass percentage (81%), second worst take-ones (74%), and the verdict is that he is the worst of the top centre backs.

If you gonna judge defender by pass-completion rate then I don't see why Stones wouldn't be top 5 in world. He truly has good dribbling for centreback (better than most of fullbacks from BPL) and decent passing.

Not wanna write much but you don't judge defender by his ball-playing abilities even tho that is one of biggest parts in modern defender role, but by how good he is defensively. And by that Mustafi is far better.

Golazo111 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Yes because the majority of the people that follow football knew that Stones will sign for a big club and for a big fee, Chelsea lost the race to him and Man City won, so you're trying to tell me that 2 of the top clubs in PL were both wrong in chasing to sign him?
History proved me right and quicky wrong it's not about an opinion when the boy is worth every single attention.

http://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/2015/7/20/9000155/how-much-is-john-stones-worth-everton-transfer

34% of the people thought that Stones was worth 41-50 mil £ before he left Everton,
in the same article you can see that Stones was comparable to Terry,Cahill,Zouma and he had in 23 games:

89.5 % pass accuracy, only Terry had 89.6 %
he has 45 passes per game (1st)
1.4 tackles per game (1st)
1.5 interceptions per game (1st)
2.6 areal duels won per game (1st tied with Terry)
7.17 Whoscored.com rating (1st)

Now tell me again why is he not a good signing when everyone really involved in football know he is the next Rio Ferdinand xD

I'm done, all the stats I have provided in the 2 pages are enough for anyone that isn't an Arsenal fan and envious to agree that Stones is a top talented player.

• History

Yes because the majority of the people that follow football knew that Stones will sign for a big club and for a big fee, Chelsea lost the race to him and Man City won, so you're trying to tell me that 2 of the top clubs in PL were both wrong in chasing to sign him?
History proved me right and quicky wrong it's not about an opinion when the boy is worth every single attention.

http://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/2015/7/20/9000155/how-much-is-john-stones-worth-everton-transfer

34% of the people thought that Stones was worth 41-50 mil £ before he left Chelsea,
in the same article you can see that Stones was comparable to Terry,Cahill,Zouma and he had in 23 games:

Now tell me again why is he not a good signing when everyone really involved in football know he is the next Rio Ferdinand xD

I'm done.

34% of the people thought that Stones was worth 41-50 mil £ before he left Chelsea,

I'm done, all the stats I have provided in the 2 pages are enough for anyone that isn't an Arsenal fan and envious to agree that Stones is a top talented player.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

If I was Pep I would question my tactics because team was pretty solid before he showed up .

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

"If you were Pep..."

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

So, now you're bringing the article from 2015? I'm not even saying Mustafi is better, but when you want to talk about statistics.

Defending
enter image description here
Passing
Tackling

Why didn't anyone except Chelsea & City wanted to sign the next Rio Ferdinand when he is that good? Is that maybe because other clubs don't really need to pay 50M for English player to fill homegrown rule?

kyoekyar 7 years ago Edited
12 163

English players are always overpriced. Parts of the reasons are EPL teams need home grown players and fans in england want to see English players in their team as well. Especially for a team like man city, they need more english players to convince Fans in England.

I really don't want to get involved in the DEBATE but just want to state my opinion. We shouldn't judge a defender by his passing ability.

• History

English players are always overpriced. Parts of the reasons are EPL teams need home grown players and fans in england want to see English players in their team as well. Especially for a team like man city, they need more english players to convince Fans in England.

538 11435

We shouldn't judge a defender by his passing ability.

Agreed. :(

Also

34% of the people thought that Stones was worth 41-50 mil £ before he left Everton

doesn't =

everyone really involved in football know he is the next Rio Ferdinand

Unless you tell me that only 34% person represent those really involved in football. :P

Anyway, we should put an end to this debate soon, no matter how entertaining it is. Cause we're getting really off-topic. :S

• History

Also

34% of the people thought that Stones was worth 41-50 mil £ before he left Everton

doesn't =

everyone really involved in football know he is the next Rio Ferdinand

Unless you tell me that only 34% person represent those really involved in football. :P

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

So, now you're bringing the article from 2015?

Because that is justifying his price tag which you thought isn't legit, nice knowing that you have no idea how to put things into the right context.

538 11435

@Golazo @quikzyyy And please remain polite if you keep on going with this debate. :S Especially you Golazo, alway acting as if quikzyyy was envious when he never shown any sign of being like that. :( Please don't give intention to other user in other word.

• History

@Golazo @quikzyyy And please remain polite if you keep on going with this debate. :S Especially you Golazo, alway acting as if quikzyyy was envious when he clearly isn't. :(

@Golazo @quikzyyy And please remain polite if you keep on going with this debate. :S Especially you Golazo, alway acting as if quikzyyy was envious when he never shown any sign of being like that. :(

Salahadin 7 years ago
Real Madrid, France 11 554

He is very good actually if you keep in mind that city play with an open defence just like gaurdiula likes it.
He is really good for his age and quick tall and could get stronger with time. He is worth the money 50m is nothing in the world of football now a days. Pogba cost 100m was he worth it ? And he isn't English.

In today's market I would say 35-43m is about right for him 48m isn't that bad especially for city.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Salahadin Thats a fair point. :)