Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

I still think Messi will not leave Barca,
mladen 9 years ago
Manchester United, Yugoslavia 253 2319

but it's worming up on social networks ..

Comments
Lodatz 9 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

@mladen: the large difference between Pedro and Sanchez is that no-one was about to try and pay 32m for Pedro. Why? Because he's clearly not as good as Sanchez, and anyone outside of the Barcelona fan-base can spot this.

Then again, wasn't Ozil one of the BEST midfielders in the world when he played for Madrid? Wasn't he supposedly much better than anything found in the PL?

And yet? When he comes to the PL, has a good start and then gets run down because the league is too physical for him, suddenly all those people who said he was one of the best turn around and call him a reject, or not really that good. Not that good? He was Madrid's second-best player!

Same with Di Maria. He was, aside from the impossibility of being better than Ronaldo, one of if not Madrid's best player, last season. And now? Oh, he's just someone who wasn't in their long-term plans, or some bullshit.

As for Yaya Toure? He got the fu.ck out of there when it was clear that GUardiola was ALWAYS going to choose Busquets. Why? Because Busquets was a local lad, and from the same school as Messi and Iniesta, and so the usual Catalan bias came into play. As you say, both Sanchez and Bojan saved themselves, and so did Toure. So did Ibrahimovic.

Ultimately, so did Fabregas. He came from the PL, and has now gone back, because Mourinho saw he was on the edge and knew how good he could be again, in the league which trained him.

Now, by contrast, look at Modric. NO-ONE among the La Liga fan-boys EVER thought Modric was any good. PL watchers would point out that he's actually one of the best in the world, and arrogant Barcelona/Madrid fans would say things like: "he can't be, because he only plays for a PL team, and not one of Spain's Top 2".

Well, he moved to Madrid, was branded a flop because they played him out of position, and then as soon as he got moved to where he was supposed to be, he became their best midfielder.

And now they agree that he's one of the best in the world. Funny how it took him moving to one of THEIR clubs for them to admit it, or to even understand it!

It's just bias, and denial. The La Liga fan-boys will never admit it, because it's all they've got. The sad truth is that the only ones who consistently overrate their teams players and constantly underrate others are the whiny brats who hate the PL.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@mladen: the large difference between Pedro and Sanchez is that no-one was about to try and pay 32m for Pedro. Why? Because he's clearly not as good as Sanchez, and anyone outside of the Barcelona fan-base can spot this.

Then again, wasn't Ozil one of the BEST midfielders in the world when he played for Madrid? Wasn't he supposedly much better than anything found in the PL?

And yet? When he comes to the PL, has a good start and then gets run down because the league is too physical for him, suddenly all those people who said he was one of the best turn around and call him a reject, or not really that good. Not that good? He was Madrid's second-best player!

Same with Di Maria. He was, aside from the impossibility of being better than Ronaldo, one of if not Madrid's best player, last season. And now? Oh, he's just someone who wasn't in their long-term plans, or some bullshit.

It's just bias, and denial. The La Liga fan-boys will never admit it, because it's all they've got. The sad truth is that the only ones who consistently overrate their teams players and constantly underrate others are the whiny brats who hate the PL.

As for Yaya Toure? He got the fu.ck out of there when it was clear that GUardiola was ALWAYS going to choose Busquets. Why? Because Busquets was a local lad, and from the same school as Messi and Iniesta, and so the usual Catalan bias came into play. As you say, both Sanchez and Bojan saved themselves, and so did Toure.

As for Yaya Toure? He got the fu.ck out of there when it was clear that GUardiola was ALWAYS going to choose Busquets. Why? Because Busquets was a local lad, and from the same school as Messi and Iniesta, and so the usual Catalan bias came into play. As you say, both Sanchez and Bojan saved themselves, and so did Toure.

Now, by contrast, look at Modric. NO-ONE among the La Liga fan-boys EVER thought Modric was any good. PL watchers would point out that he's actually one of the best in the world, and arrogant Barcelona/Madrid fans would say things like: "he can't be, because he only plays for a PL team".

Well, he moved to Madrid, was branded a flop because they played him out of position, and then as soon as he got moved to where he was supposed to be, he became their best midfielder.

And now they agree that he's one of the best in the world. Funny how it took him moving to one of THEIR clubs for them to admit it, or to even understand it!

Now, by contrast, look at Modric. NO-ONE among the La Liga fan-boys EVER thought Modric was any good. PL watchers would point out that he's actually one of the best in the world, and arrogant Barcelona/Madrid fans would say things like: "he can't be, because he only plays for a PL team, and not one of Spain's Top 2".

Lodatz 9 years ago

@usuatio: It sure would be great to see Ronaldo come BACK to the Premier League, yes. :) AFter all, it's where he learned how to play.

raimondo90 9 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

You are really on the verge of starting yet another Liga vs BPL, Lodatz. Try to keep the off topic to a minimum. There really was no point to state all that, especially when you generalize an entire group based on the actions of a few.

Lodatz 9 years ago Edited

Excuse me?

You missed tiki doing the EXACT same thing about PL fans, only with less facts?

Sorry, but no. If they can do it, then so can I. If this isn't the sort of thing you like, then I suggest calling it out when it's done to badmouth PL fans, too. That way, I won't feel inclined to stand up to them, and make them look stupid using their own behaviour against them.

It's a simple formula.

Nothing I said applies to people who are just fans of La Liga. It's the fan-boys that give the rest a bad name.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Excuse me?

Sorry, but no. If they can do it, then so can I. I just happen to have more facts on my side. Like, well, right now.

Excuse me?

Sorry, but no. If they can do it, then so can I. If this isn't the sort of thing you like, then I suggest telling tiki to stop badmouthing PL fans whenever he feels like it, and I'll stop making him look stupid using his own words.

It's a simple formula.

Excuse me?

Sorry, but no. If they can do it, then so can I. If this isn't the sort of thing you like, then I suggest telling tiki to stop badmouthing PL fans whenever he feels like it, and I'll stop making him look stupid using his own words.

It's a simple formula.

When people like YOU call him him out, and tell him to stop, then I will stop having to do it myself. And then there will be peace, and merriment, and little ponies frolicking joyfully, once more. :)

Excuse me?

It's a simple formula.

Excuse me?

It's a simple formula.

Nothing I said applies to people who are just fans of La Liga. It's the fan-boys that give the rest a bad name.

Excuse me?

Sorry, but no. If they can do it, then so can I. If this isn't the sort of thing you like, then I suggest telling tiki to stop badmouthing PL fans whenever he feels like it, and I'll stop making him look stupid using his own behaviour against him.

It's a simple formula.

RealMadrid17 9 years ago
Real Madrid 20 755

@lodatz I'm kind of a La Liga fan-boy, and for the record, I have his Tottenham kit from the 2011-2013 kit. So yeah, I've always liked him. :)

RealMadrid17 9 years ago
Real Madrid 20 755

Modric BTW ^