Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies
quikzyyy 8 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

"If you want to win championships then you would never get involved Over there [in the Premier League] it was sort of like 'well, we've got guys from the Middle East, the oil price is over $100, they can spend anything they want'.

Then go and sell that club to someone who actually tries to win something, you think they invest these millions for fun, just to do something with them?

“But the problem I saw with all of that; those people can lose
interest. It doesn't mean that they will, but I sort of threw that out
there: 'What happens when the Middle Eastern family, this thing's
costing a lot of money and they decide to go home?' I said what really
happens in those situations is the fans get hurt because the players
get picked up and paid if they're good, the front office gets other
jobs.”

Kroenke's comments had come before Arsenal were knocked out of the FA Cup by London rivals Watford at home on Sunday, with Quique Sanchez FLores' Hornets winning 2-1 at the Emirates.

“What did I learn specifically [from England]? You learn very quickly
what that brand means,”

Well, then you're fuc#ing moron, who fails every year all the guys who are supporting you, but I doubt anyone who knows you supports you.
I hope anyone will once buy this club from this absolute prick who is ruining every club in which he gets involved. Ruined Colorado Avalanche, pissed off the whole city of St Louis by moving the Rams. Not even interested in the sports, just making the fuc#ing profit. May all your teams relegate to lower league and then force you to sell them. I'm so done with this.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

jobs.”

Kroenke's comments had come before Arsenal were knocked out of the FA Cup by London rivals Watford at home on Sunday, with Quique Sanchez FLores' Hornets winning 2-1 at the Emirates.

what that brand means,”

Well, then you're fuing moron, who fails every year all the guys who are supporting you, but I doubt anyone who knows you supports you.
I hope anyone will once buy this club from this absolute prick who is ruining every club in which he gets involved. Ruined Colorado Avalanche, pissed off the whole city of St Louis by moving the Rams. Not even interested in the sports, just making the fuc
ing profit. May all your teams relegate to lower league and then force you to sell them. I'm so done with this.

jobs.”

what that brand means,”

Well, then you're fu*ing moron, who fails every year all the guys who are supporting you, but I doubt anyone who knows you supports you.
I hope anyone will once buy this club from this absolute prick who is ruining every club in which he gets involved. Ruined Colorado Avalanche, pissed off the whole city of St Louis by moving the Rams. Not even interested in the sports, just making the fuc**ing profit. May all your teams relegate to lower league and then force you to sell them. I'm so done with this.

Comments
SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

This is the problem with American owners in soccer. Almost every team that actually spends a bit, (City, Chelsea, etc) operates at a loss to the ownership. In American sports, because every team has a salary cap and transfer fees do not exist, EVERY owner operates at a gain.

Rich American investors simply do not run clubs like Arsenal, like he said, to win trophies.

tuan_jinn 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@quikzyyy: that's pathetic... but can you provide some sources? I kinda loose the whole context here... but from what I see ewwwww

JozeMourinho 8 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

It is true and I feel you quikzyyy.

I know we are rivals but the better we are as teams the better the rivalry is to my eyes. Those owners made Arsenal's name smaller over the years and that is pathetic. A passionate fan base with its advantages and disadvantages that surely you can not ignore. Don't let the passion for your club run smaller just for an owner, Arsenal will bounce up one way or another as long as the fans are behind the team and not greedy owners.

Marcus2011 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Little banter here ..

enter image description here

Ok I will excuse myself but before I do ... I also agree that owners loose sense of what football about and turn it into cash cows . That is why we need football representatives in the board . Ex managers or footballers that will be passionate about the club but then again there is no immunity to bad apples like cough fkcing cough Platini ..

tiki_taka 8 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Agree with quickzy here, Arsenal turning point was Henry departure after loosing the cl final, Henry as a competitor was worried about the inaction of his direction to replace old champions with youngsters and decided to leave where he can win cl the only trophy lacking in his career, I think no Gunner would blame him but the direction just to ok the club that moment into a second tier direction. A 29 yo player was never costing 30 mil that moment and may looked as a good deal for greedy direction but they gave à bad signal to their own players who followed him and specially to others who did never come and probably would.
Being in top of PL in the 2000's was meaning being on top of europe and liverpool arsenal just got lack of vision, liverpool sold Mascerano to Barca and Alonso to Madrid while those clubs had financial problems and they still invested from healthy clubs weakning them and at the same time speculating on future cash ins, it worked perfectly while teams who cashed in that time lost more than money, they lost their status who cost now a half billion euros investment for clubs to build it withing 5 years, everything has been played in 2 or 3 décisions and clubs trajectories has been changed.
Arsenal in another world would have 3 more fanbase than now, and probably worth double or treble the actual price so yes he tried to win money at the expense of success, but pitch success has been lately the most prolific way to make money, he clearly got a small vision and it reflected on his team.

Marcus2011 8 years ago

Nah, Ashley Cole was the one who pulled the trigger and started the trend of stars leaving Arsenal . First guy to realize that Arsenal are going to be dominated by other clubs in titles races .

tiki_taka 8 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Seriously ? The moment we are talking about Chelsea rise did not even started, I guess Ashley went for money, United was the most likely destination for an ambitious player.

Édit : ok lets say it was Ashley Cole even if he proved nothing incredible before joining Chelsea were he made an name, but thats just a detail about my réflection here, short term vision costed some teams that i've named and at the opposite those who made ambitious choices saw a sudden rise, starting from 2006.

• History

Seriously ? The moment we are talking about Chelsea rise did not even started, I guess Ashley went for money, United was the most likely destination for an ambitious player.

Édit : ok lets say it was Ashley Cole even if he privés nothing incredible before joining Chelsea were he made an name, but thats just a detail about my réflection here, short term vision costed some teams that i've named and at the opposite those who made ambitious choices saw a sudden rise, starting from 2006.

JozeMourinho 8 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

Yeah indeed nothing incredible he was just a part of The Invincible squad of Arsenal but since we don't speak of La Liga this is not an incredible achievement in your ''I am Biased'' book.

Marcus2011 8 years ago Edited

Ofcourse, money was one of the main factors . One of the best left backs in the world at that time was getting 5k pounds a week !!! Then they offered 55k a week again to one of the best left backs in the world which made him angry because he wanted 60k a week but Chelsea doubled it . This is like that time when Arsenal bid on Suarez with 50,000,001 pound to trigger his contract .. just disrespectful .

However, he also came to Chelsea , out of all the destinations , because of the prospect of winning more titles . Chelsea was already double winner and was looking to win the third title on top we were dominant side and constantly beating Arsenal . We were supposed to win three titles that year but fell short off EPL title , winning FA and League Cup . On top he worked under Mourinho who basically convinced Cole to join . Ashley Cole was rewarded not only with money but two trophies in first season .

Arsenal at that time was in process of building the stadium so wage caps were created and Arsenal have stopped signing world class players . Henry was just too loyal to leave . Did you see how much Henry worked his ass in CL 2006 ? He worked for 3 people and literally carried Arsenal to final but in the end again bitter end . Then I think he just realized that nothing is going to change at the club and it will become underachiever club and selling club .

Again I think Cole was the first trigger . It was apparent after that Arsenal were looking to sell rather than to buy . They would go for cheap options and nourish players that would constantly fall short of other clubs. So after that it was just chain reaction of stars leaving the club and when they left they won things , earned more and proved that their moves were right options.

• History

Ofcourse, money was one of the main factors . One of the best left backs in the world at that time was getting 5k pounds a week !!! Then they offered 55k a week again to one of the best left backs in the world which made him angry but Chelsea doubled it .

However, he also came to Chelsea , out of all the destinations , because of the prospect of winning more titles . Chelsea was already double winner and was looking to win the third title on top we were dominant side and constantly beating Arsenal . We were supposed to win three titles that year but fell short off EPL title , winning FA and League Cup . On top he worked under Mourinho who basically convinced Cole to join . Ashley Cole was rewarded not only with money but two trophies in first season .

Arsenal at that time was in process of building the stadium so wage caps were created and Arsenal have stopped signing world class players . Henry was just too loyal to leave . Did you see how much Henry worked his ass in CL 2006 ? He worked for 3 people and literally carried Arsenal to final but in the end again bitter end . Then I think he just realized that nothing is going to change at the club and it will become underachiever club and selling club .

Again I think Cole was the first trigger . It was apparent after that Arsenal were looking to sell rather than to buy . They would go for cheap options and nourish players that would constantly fall short of other clubs. So after that it was just chain reaction of stars leaving the club and when they left they won things , earned more and proved that their moves were right options.

Marcus2011 8 years ago Edited

Arsenal fans are mad at Ashley but they need to look at the way Arsenal treated him . He was ready to give up 8 million contract from Chelsea and stay with the club but Arsenal just could not pay 60k and offered him 55 k . Ridiculous ! enter image description here

• History

Arsenal fans are mad at Ashley but they need to look at the way Arsenal treated him . He was ready to give up 8 million contract but Arsenal just could not pay 60k and offered him 55 k . Ridiculous !

Arsenal fans are mad at Ashley but they need to look at the way Arsenal treated him . He was ready to give up 8 million contract from Chelsea and stay with the club but Arsenal just could not pay 60k and offered him 55 k . Ridiculous !

tuan_jinn 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

This is getting personal

Discussion Closed