Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

How much influence have FA on TOP 4 race?
quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

VAR somehow missing this, 200% clean penalty against Chelsea, which could have seen City clinching the title while the race for top 4 would be:

https://streamgg.com/ib/RyDlkCqNHX

Of course once there's such a mistake you can expect goal on other side (Hats down to Chelsea performance, yet again). But this another, bullshit decision by FA made a significant change in the table, reducing Liverpool & West Ham chances of making it into Champions League.

WHU could have been level on points (if they win match in hand)
Liverpool could have been just 1 point behind (if they win 2 matches in hand)
enter image description here

Comments
tiki_taka 3 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

I think sterling fell alone, there was small contact but he through himself to force the PK. I saw the game, ref was really British didn't whistled many small contacts for me it was logic décision the way he referred all the game.

A Spanish ref would have denied sterling goal for foul of Jesus for Christensen and whistle pk against zouma... Did you saw how Jesus took the ball before passing to aguero ? It can be whistled too....

He gave them already one in first half to kill the game, I would have never whistled the second... Too harsh

It's not VAR, City played b team so more like pep line up impact.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I think sterling fell alone, there was small contact but he through himself to force the PK. I saw the game, ref was really British didn't whistled many small contacts for me it was logic décision the way he referred all the game.

A Spanish ref would have denied sterling goal for foul of Jesus for Christensen and whistle pk against zouma... Did you saw how Jesus took the ball before passing to aguero ? It can be whistled too....

It's not VAR, City played b team so more like pep line up impact.

Emobot7 3 years ago Edited
538 11432

Pretty sure the ref thought Raheem fell alone or that there weren't enough contact. To be fair, i don't think this would be very controversial if VAR wasn't around. I do agree ref are getting pretty bad sadly and it doesn't seem to get better.

Overall though, I kinda agree with tiki, in this case, its not the ref or the VAR, City didn't play good enough. I mean, Aguero had to ball to equalise Wayne Rooney record of goal scored for a single PL club and he does a pathetic panenka. What they did expect at that point?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Pretty sure the ref thought Raheem fell alone or that there weren't enough contact. To be fair, i don't think this would be very controversial if VAR wasn't around. I do agree ref are getting pretty bad though.

Overall, I kinda agree with tiki, its not the ref or the VAR, City didn't play good enough. I mean, Aguero had to ball to equalise Wayne Rooney record of goal scored for a single PL club and he does a pathetic panenka. What they did expect at that point?

tiki_taka 3 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Well I will tell you something few people know about ref and car, if a ref says no PK, then check VAR and changes his minds. He looses more points than if he let the game continue...
Refs are rated after each game they have relégation zone and so on like clubs, so there is a little conflict between equity and getting a good mark after the game...

If you check VAR and change decision you admit you made a mistake and it impacts directly your rating...

I found it stupid and an amator ref told me that pro refs doesn't like Var because it impacts their ratings they use it only if they are clueless...

quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I think sterling fell alone, there was small contact but he through himself to force the PK

enter image description here
What is Sterling supposed to do in this position? If this was golden boy Harry Kane it would be such a smart play.

According to FA rules, this was not a clear and obvious error so can't overrule the ref. Okay so this is not a clear and obvious error, but 0,1 milimetre offside where striker lace on the shoe is offside is clear and obvious error.

There's simply no reason to keep VAR if it stays like this. This way it only backs up the bullshit and terrible refereeing.

Somehow this was clear and obvious error and deserved penalty and red card