Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Harry Maguire found guilty in Greece!
Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11426

Manchester United captain Harry Maguire was found guilty of aggravated assault, resisting arrest and repeated bribery in Greece on Tuesday.

Not only that but the English FA just announced he won't be part of the 24 who will play in the nation league.

Thought???

Comments
ArgjentD 4 years ago
Juventus, Kosovo 6 155

Funny. In my opinion, no matter what a player does and no matter how bad it is, he shouldn't be punished or suspended by his football club or national team. Even i punch someone, kill someone or say something ''inappropriate'' that shouldn't be a problem for me to play football, unless that thing happens during the game.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11426

Even i punch someone

Well, its not a good thing but generally, I would agree with you that player shouldn't be stopped from playing football just because they got into a fight. If for example a player punch a little girl, then yeah, I would understand his national team not wanting him in the team.

say something ''inappropriate''

It really depend, footballer are model and public figure, if they say thing that are really outrageous, then I say I would understand some national teams not allowing them to play for them anymore until they excuse themselve for what they said.

kill someone

Come on mate, if you kill someone and its proven, you wouldn't and shouldn't be allowed into society. I mean, you could still play football but obviously, you would do so in prison. No matter how talented an individual is and how big of a star he is, that never mean he has power of life or death over someone else.

quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

In my opinion, no matter what a player does and no matter how bad it is, he shouldn't be punished or suspended by his football club or national team. Even i punch someone, kill someone

lol, can you imagine that your national team will play with a killer in starting XI? that'd put England into absolutely worst image.

also, they are lucky to pay their way out, it's absolute disgrace that if some footballer kill someone, they just pay the fine and live like nothing has happened.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11426

@quikzyyy Actually, its already a disgrace than a lot of footballer commit crime and get away with it with just paying a fine. It would be a real joke if they could get away with premeditated murder. I'm saying premeditated because I already know for a fact some footballer that got away with involuntary manslaughter.

Footy_watch 4 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1842

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

A killer being allowed to continue playing football, 🤦‍♂️ LMAO

Ngannou 4 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain, Cameroon 1 465

@footy watch youd be surprised how many footballers are murderers. Did you know Marcos Alonso was a murderer? Then why is he still allowed to play???

quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

driving at 112.8 km/h (70 mph) in wet conditions in a 50 km/h (30 mph) zone, with a blood alcohol level of 0.93 mg per millilitre of blood, killing the passanger only been changed to a €61,000 fine.

AlBakone85 4 years ago
PAOK Thessaloniki FC, Greece 0 2

I think he's arrived

SunFlash 4 years ago
USA 19 3260

Cheers, thanks for reminding how much I hate Marcus Alonso.

If Maguire acted like a typical British man and got drunk on a night out and started some shit he's joining a fine company of English footballers like Terry, Lampard, and countless others. It's up to United if they want to sanction that type of behavior. I would fine him for sure, but there has to be an existing code of conduct at the club for that and I honestly doubt there is.

I have no doubt in my mind he's guilty. like I said - he wouldn't be the first - but I am rankled by a legal process that look less than 48 hours. Can you say sham trial, that's nowhere near enough time for the defense or the prosecution to make a case. Generally police get the benefit of the doubt (I'm American we're literally have a civil revolt over that rn) so it doesn't surprise me that in a case with two half-baked cases the police were found in the right.

Emobot7 4 years ago Edited
538 11426

I actually got quite a thing to say about the Marcos Alonso story but I'd rather do it on another thread all together. I don't mind getting off topic a bit but I think this really doesn't have anything to do with Maguire anymore which actually was the point of th thread. :S

Edit: Good point Sun.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I actually got quite a thing to say about the Marcos Alonso story but I'd rather do it on another thread all together. I don't mind getting off topic a bit but I think this really doesn't have anything to do with Maguire anymore which actually was the point of th thread. :S

iHEARTfootball 4 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

What a bullshit trial. We obviously don't know Maguire personally but I can trust a guy like Ole to give him the captain's armband for very plausible reasons. Those quotes said by the Greek police sounds so garbage, if you ask me. Almost comical even. Can't be surprised however. Greece is a corrupt nation after all.

Greatone 4 years ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

lmao, maguire is guilty - how guilty and of which charges exactly is another question entirely. His story has changed at least 4 times. Every recount of his story has different, and importantly, conflicting details.
No one is convinced by the shitty trial that the greeks gave, but what is obvious is that he did the classic British tourist thing of going overseas to another country and getting absolutely wasted and got violent. It's a cultural thing, clearly.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11426

Yeah, I kinda think he is guilty. Obviously Ole is gonna give blind support to his player but truth is, most of the time, whenever player get involved in that kind of event, they are guilty and when they say they are innocent, its just to try and save face. It certainly what it sond like to me in this case at least.