{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Harry Kane: Second Only To Messi
Lodatz 3 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

enter image description here

"One Season Wonder"
"Limited and One Dimensional"
"Tap-in Merchant"

Yeah. How about one of the finest strikers of the modern era?

8 goals and 10 assists in 11 games in the PL this season.

Oh, and now he's "dirty" because he's smart enough to stand in the way when someone jumps into him recklessly.

Keep hatin', boys.

https://footyroom.co/forum/discussions/harry-kane-next-club-odds-122725

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

"One Season Wonder"
"Limited and One Dimensional"
"Tap-in Merchant"

Yeah. How about one of the finest strikers of the modern era?

8 goals and 10 assists in 11 games in the PL this season.

Oh, and now he's "dirty" because he's smart enough to stand in the way when someone jumps into him recklessly.

Keep hatin', boys.

Comments
Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11435

Lodatz crusade begin. :P

But joking aside, saying Kane is second to Messi is kinda... premature. I mean, if he get 30 goal and 20 assist by the end of season, or anywhere close to those number, I might agree to a certain degree. But until then, I think this really too soon to say stuff like that.

Also, you seem to say that if a person disagree with one thing Kane do, then obviously, that person obviously think he a"One Season Wonder", "Limited and One Dimensional" and "Tap-in Merchant".

I assure you thats wrong. I personally think that he is "one of the finest strikers of the modern era" like you said earlier. However, that does not mean he cannot be dirty at the same time.

We are not a bunch of hater who are jealous of Kane like you seem to think, we are just frustrated by a particular action that Kane has been doing repeatedly this season. At least, that my case.

I mean, if it was a one time occurence, nobody would say anything but this happened multiple time now. The fact it happen so often kind seem to indicate he does this on purpose.

Don't think that this kind of treatment is only reserved for Kane either, Maupay last season had similar comments thrown against him after his clash with Leno.

expertfootball11 3 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

One stastic is not enough to rank a player, all depends on attitude, how much he helps is teammates, how many times does he come back in defense per game, how many passes, how many interceptions, how much distance he ran over the game...
We also want to see what kind of man he is outside of the pitch, is the supportive of the team or not? How decadant is his private life etc...?
I don't know much about Kane outside of his playing, so let's see in a few years.

DarthFooty 3 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1101

Fantastic striker, a key to the Spurs and England, but you can't convince me otherwise on his moves to undercut another player. You can see him watching the player and waiting just for the right time to put his body under. The other player is going up, watching the ball in what should be a true 50/50 ball, but nope, he never really jumps and ducks down to flip the opponent. Dirty in my book, every day of the week.

Now, outside that move, I really like him as a player. Good work rate, plays for the team from the matches I have seen, and he seems to get on with everyone pretty well. He and Son are nasty together because they know how to play off each other.

Of course, this is my opinion, for what that's worth. haha

milanlamiavita 3 years ago
Bustese Milano City, Italy 4 3418

He's got to win something of note to cement his legacy. and I don't mean a tin cup fa cup or league Fanta sprite Coca Cola cup.

@Emo:

But joking aside, saying Kane is second to Messi is kinda... premature.

I mean, I wasn't literally trying to say that only Lionel Messi is a better player than Kane, just that Messi is the only person to have reached that tally faster. That's a pretty strong sign of his quality.

Also, you seem to say that if a person disagree with one thing Kane do, then obviously, that person obviously think he a"One Season Wonder", "Limited and One Dimensional" and "Tap-in Merchant".

Oh, no, that's just what I remember everyone here calling him, year after year, refusing to admit how good he was.

We are not a bunch of hater who are jealous of Kane like you seem to think, we are just frustrated by a particular action that Kane has been doing repeatedly this season. At least, that my case.

Oh I'm not even really concerned with that on this thread, but I'll toss out the suggestion that the reason people here are talking about it is because that's what all their favorite fan-based media is telling them. It's a common thing in football, like when people found reasons to hate Suarez because he was so unstoppable at Anfield, or even when CR7 first came to the PL and half the league had no idea how to handle him.

This is just the way it's manifesting for Kane. If it wasn't this, it would be the puerile jokes from Bleacher Report about his voice, or, again, bullsh*t narratives about how he's a limited striker etc.. Whatever rival fans have to tell themselves to bring him down a peg in their estimation.

Really, I just made the thread to brag about how good he is. That's all. :)

• History

But joking aside, saying Kane is second to Messi is kinda... premature.

I mean, I wasn't literally trying to say that only Lionel Messi is a better player than Kane, just that Messi is the only person to have reached that tally faster. That's a pretty strong sign of his quality.

Oh, no, that's just what I remember everyone calling him, year after year, refusing to admit how good he was.

Oh I'm not even really concerned with that on this thread, but I'll toss out the suggestion that the reason people here are talking about it is because that's what all their favorite fan-based media is telling them. It's a common thing in football, like when people found reasons to hate Suarez because he was so unstoppable at Anfield, or even when CR7 first came to the PL and half the league had no idea how to handle him.

This is just the way it's manifesting for Kane. If it wasn't this, it would be the puerile jokes from Bleacher Report about his voice, or, again, bullsh*t narratives about how he's a limited striker etc.. Whatever rival fans have to tell themselves to bring him down a peg in their estimation.

Really, I just made the thread to brag about how good he is. That's all. :)

@expertfootball11

One stastic is not enough to rank a player, all depends on attitude, how much he helps is teammates, how many times does he come back in defense per game, how many passes, how many interceptions, how much distance he ran over the game

I'm glad you asked! He's also frequently seen back in his own penalty box, heading away opposition crosses and corners, and has a good tackle percentage. He's like the ultimate team player, who can do everything. One of those di Stefano types. He's even played in goal for us, you know.

We also want to see what kind of man he is outside of the pitch, is the supportive of the team or not? How decadant is his private life etc...?

Well, it's his boyhood club that he's been loyal to his whole life, and rather than wading through underwear models Kane married his high school sweetheart and is the perfect gentleman at all times.

He really is a role model in every sense of the word, both as a footballer and as a person.

so let's see in a few years.

Well, he's been playing for 7 years in the senior team already, and won 2 Golden Boots so far, only 1 behind Shearer and level with Drogba and RVP, and since his first full season has never scored less than 17 league goals in a season. Together with Son he has become the second-most prolific duo in PL history, behind only Lampard and Drogba in goals they've supplied for each other. They may well take 1st spot, this very season.

He's the real deal.

• History

@expertfootball11

One stastic is not enough to rank a player, all depends on attitude, how much he helps is teammates, how many times does he come back in defense per game, how many passes, how many interceptions, how much distance he ran over the game

I'm glad you asked! He's also frequently seen back in his own penalty box, heading away opposition crosses and corners, and has a good tackle percentage. He's like the ultimate team player,m who can do everything. One of those di Stefano types. He's even played in goal for us, you know.

Well, it's his boyhood club that he's been loyal to his whole life, and rather than wading through underwear models Kane married his high school sweetheart and is the perfect gentleman at all times.

He really is a role model in every sense of the word, both as a footballer and as a person.

@expertfootball11:

Oh, and he's now the all-time top goalscorer in North London Derby history, but you might not care about that too much.

• History

@expertfootball11:

Oh, and he's now the top goalscorer in North London Derby history, but you might not care about that too much.

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11435

@Lodatz I'm getting a good mood from your answers to be honest so good for you. :D

Kane is a splendid striker and a very complete player, he's been on a amazing form so far this season despite the fact there haven't been much break between games. Hopefully, he stay healty, injury alway seem to find a way to screw him or his form in some way. Its great that he's completely fit in a moment where lots of player tend to get injured.

One thing I would like to mention right now though is Son. Speaking positively about Kane is great and all but without Son beside him, his stat might not be as good, the two of them are having an amazing season and they are terribly complementary to each other right now.

Also, for all the good those two do, there is a bit of a worry on my part about the fact that right now, both of them are overperforming by a lot right now, especially in term of scoring goal per amount of chance Spurs create for themselve, something generally unreliable in the long term. I've seen a video recently about Spurs where the youtuber was hoping that Tottenham would find a way to create more chances against lesser team especially and I personally think it would be a good thing as well.

I won't speak anymore of the controversy here but honestly, I don't see a lot of people being able to argue Kane isn't one of thest best striker right now. ;P

Lodatz 3 years ago

I'm getting a good mood from your answers to be honest so good for you.

Thanks man. :) Who knows how long it will last, but for once it feels pretty good to be a Spurs fan at the moment. Not counting chickens, of course, there is a long season left to go, and a few bad results could put things in a much different light, but gosh darnit we're not really accustomed to feeling this smug. So this is what sitting top of the table feels like, eh? No wonder all you guys love it so much. ;)

Hopefully, he stay healty, injury alway seem to find a way to screw him or his form in some way.

Yeah, I think a large part of that must have been Pochettino's system. We were a high-pressing for the last 5 years, and Harry barely got a break the whole time, hence the last couple of seasons dipping down to 18 and 17 goals instead of his usual 20+. Mourinho has us, obviously, playing a lot more conservative, and I'm wondering if that's having an effect upon Kane's energy levels. Plus, thanks to COVID he got a rest for 9 weeks. Fingers crossed he stays healthy.

I've seen a video recently about Spurs where the youtuber was hoping that Tottenham would find a way to create more chances against lesser team especially and I personally think it would be a good thing as well.

I think part of it was after the freak collapse against West Ham in the last 10 minutes, Jose was super pissed and forced them into a defensive system to drive home the point of Never Again. Before that we were scoring for fun, with 5 past Southampton, 6 past United and should have been 6-0 by the 80th minute against West Ham. Since that game, we've conceded one single goal in the league, and that should honestly have been disallowed.

We still have Liverpool, Leicester and Wolves left to go before Xmas, so I expect we'll stay as we are until after than, but I bet in the New Year we'll see Jose let the throttle out again a little against smaller teams. We still haven't really used Bale yet, who has been getting back to fitness (as has Ndombele, heece him coming off all the time around the hour mark) so if either Son or Harry get fatigued, or even if we want to unleash a trident of all three, we have some good back-up.

Don't know how it will play out, but if we can keep him fit, Kane might be in for another record-breaking year.

expertfootball11 3 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Well Tottenham has been blessed by a very good forward 3, and incredible midfield, and (French goalkeeper :)) probably even better than Liverpool. Pochettino brought them up, and Mourinho is bringing them to their full potential and capacity. It took time, since he couldn't salvage last season, however I'd still watch out coz after 3-4 seasons, Mourinho's relationship with other players begin to deteriorate, we've seen it at Chelsea in 2015

Lodatz 3 years ago

In fairness though, Chelsea's players in 2015 were the absolute most childish, unprofessional disgrace to a club I've ever seen.

I'm hoping we end up parting ways more like Inter, where the players were in tears because their friend and mentor was leaving them.

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11435

@Lodatz Well the good news is that recently, Mou best season at a club tend to be his second complete one. Also, I would tend to think his method is also a lot more compatible with Spurs, as most of the player are more proffessional, more experienced and desire to win a trophy above all else. Mou get along better with older player generally and other than Dele Ali, I don't see any player that could potentially clash with him right now.

tuan_jinn 3 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Number doesnt lie.

Kane is a quality player, i'm a bit surprised by the number though as I have never put him among the elites.

With that being said, he is showing consistently his quality not only in scoring, but also helping Son and his teammates unselfishly, that something i really admire.