Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Gylfi Sigurdsson joins Tottenham over Liverpool
Heisinburg 12 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

Speculation surrounding Sigurdsson's future came to an end when Spurs confirmed they had signed the 22-year-old on a reported five-year deal.

Sigurdsson had been linked with Swansea, where he was on loan last season, and the midfielder confirmed this evening there was also strong interest from Liverpool, who are now managed by former Swans boss Brendan Rodgers.

But Sigurdsson opted to move to White Hart Lane after a meeting with the Spurs' hierarchy, who persuaded him the north London club are destined for great things.

Spurs failed to make the Champions League last season after Chelsea's victory over Bayern Munich in the final, but Sigurdsson believes the club will be serious challengers for a top-four place next term.

'I enjoyed playing under Brendan and I am grateful for everything he has done for me, but after careful consideration I liked Spurs best,' Sigurdsson told Icelandic website mbl.is.

My opinion:

Good move for Sigurdsson. I believe Tottenham's future is bright; they have plenty of young talents, meaning that their time to lift the that Premier League trophy is closer than they think. Liverpool has had a great run for the past few years, but I was a little disappointed with their performance last season. Perhaps this is the end of Liverpool's golden era, whilst Manchester United still stands as the longest lasting dominant king in terms of consistency. But who knows? Maybe Liverpool will get their feet back up again under the hands of Brendan Rodgers, after all, he quoted, ""We might not be ready for the title now but the process begins today."

Your thoughts are most welcome here.

Comments
mladen 12 years ago
Manchester United, Yugoslavia 253 2319

poor liverpool

GunnerGo 12 years ago
Arsenal, Venezuela 13 345

So this mean Modric is gone for sure right?

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

It's a good pickup for Spurs. He's got a heck of a free-kick on him which is always useful. 
In regards to Liverpool, in general, it's fashionable to pick on them (not that anyone here is) but it would be ill-advised to be so quick to dismiss them. Sleeping Giant.

Heisinburg 12 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

@Footbaholic, not just a great free kick taker, his vision is also quite impressive considering that he's only 22 (still not at his peak, whilst Luka Modric may very well be at it now). Tottenham has certainly made a great bargain.

expertfootball11 12 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

This guy might be good. I think he can be a great striker and/or great assister.