Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Guti Retires
raimondo90 12 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Real Madrid's former midfielder retired, at the age of 35, after spending time as a free agent since his release from Besiktas. The former Spanish midfielder made almost 400 firt-team appearences in almost 25 years for Madrid. During his time there he won three Champions League and five La Liga titles. He stated he wants to go into coaching specifically the Madrid's youth team.

Comments
expertfootball11 12 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Guti has done good things for us, he'll be rewarded.

ironfist2010 12 years ago
Real Madrid, Egypt 69 907

All the best for him :)

Nico10 12 years ago
Barcelona, Moldova 38 290

The disco's from Madrid like this notice...nvm, Guti was one of those good players who have a bad personality but he has given a lot to RM in these 14 seasons he played there. We can say that he's one of the legends of the club.

koldimere 12 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

He was a RM product wasn't he?

GunnerGo 12 years ago
Arsenal, Venezuela 13 345

@Koldimere yes he was.

knibis 12 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

naman93 12 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

One YouTube comment says it all for all the Madrid fans >>

"Guti's vision is better than anybody else's by miles. Fact. If only he was given more chances during the galactico era, he would have truly been named a great universally. But for me, he is still the best! 14 forever ! "

Nico10 12 years ago

naman93, says it all for all the Madrid fans? Guti best 14? LOL, what about Henry and Cruyff? Did you even watched him play? He wasn't a regular player, Guti was one of those players who play good for a week and than disappears for the rest of the month, he was going to different kind of parties all the nights and than arriving late to the trainer seasons. Maybe he had talent but he tryed another thing to do in his life like Ronaldinho after winning the ballon d'or (dunno if those players can even be compared) so Naman93 I don't know what you are about.

naman93 12 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

first of all that was a you tube comment by some lay man not me. secondally,Guti was a very good player ... I watched him play in his last 4-5 years only in madrid .... like 2004 or 2005 onwards ..... didnt really knew about his parties and late training ... thx for telling ..... but personally I think he was good for whatever time I saw him play ...... not as good as ronaldinho or henry or cryuff (of course) ....... But you see some players dont gain respect because of their extraordinary football skills but just because of their loyality to the club..... eg. Carrick, Scholes, Giggs ....... these are very good players and one of the most respected players in their club but can you compare them with the likes of Xavi, Iniesta .... No !! same with Guti ...... he had a great 2006-07 and 2007-08 campaign when Madrid won the Liga ..... May be you didnt watch him play or you are too stubborn to accept any kind of praise for a non-barca player !!

DonAndres 12 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

naman93 12 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

the video don posted .. here is one of the top comments on that video !! some Madrid haters and all trolls should see this !!

Trollman 12 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

Now now guys no need to talk about the past... that's for Liverpool fans.

Nico10 12 years ago

Naman, I don't really want to start another war here, but what are you trying to prove with that? He just was in a good team like RM with awesome team mates like the galacticos that's why he won titles. By the same rule we can say that Pinto is one of the best goalkeepers just because he won a lot of tittles but he actually played only the copa del rey.

bambhose 12 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, Spain 0 124

he ws a vry gud player , nico10 u dumb or wat?

naman93 12 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

@Nico10 : The galactico era extended 2000-2004. and guti out of his 15 trophies won 7 trophies in that era .... I presume the rest 8 trophies did not fall from sky.

For you saying that he was just in a good team so he won titles, let me tell you taht he had the most assists  in La Liga in 2007-08 and he played more than 500 official games for Real Madrid in his career. A player who is in and out from a team (according to you) cannot feature in 500+ games.

You compare him to Pinto ?? you must be kidding :O :O ...... common you are not a troll, you can show some respect to a footballer who spend 15 years serving a club.

And for your first line, this is not a War brother >>
I am just telling the truth and preventing a Madrid hater from spreading rumors about one of the prominent playmakers of Madrid in last 15 years.