Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Guess the player 2018 edition #5
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

This former Brazilian player never played in Europe but was still however in Brazil at world cup 2014. He also has a good reputation in Asia and won a very prestigious international competition at least once.

You can ask hint in doubt. ;)

Comments
kyoekyar 6 years ago
12 163

Good reputation in Asia means "ever played in an asian club"?

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

A former Brazilian player that was in the 2014 squad that never played in Europe? None comes to mind I'm pretty sure that most of their players are all playing in Europe or played in Europe so I have no clue.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

I don’t think it’s Brazilian, it’s someone who has played in the World Cup in Brazil.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

Read carefully, there is a statement that was made on purpose to confuse you guys but if read carefully, you might realize it doesn't quite imply what you think it does. :P

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Read carefully, there is a statement that was made on purpose to confuse you guy but if read carefully, you might realize it doesn't quite imply what you think it does. :P

amir_keal 6 years ago Edited

Ohhhhh, it’s Victor!

• History

Ohhhhh, it’s Jo!

Ohhhhh, it’s ...

kyoekyar 6 years ago
12 163

How does Victor have a good reputation in Asia? That's what I was thinking.

538 11432

@Amir That's actually a pretty good try but no, its isn't Victor. Victor never played in Europe, was in Brazil during the 2014 WC and did win the Fifa Confederations Cup in 2009, however, he is still playing, therefore, he isn't a former player and I doubt he really have any kind of significant reputation in Asia. Like I said, there is a trap in my first few hint. :P

• History

@Amir That actually a pretty good try but no, its isn't Victor. Victor never played in Europe, was in Brazil during the 2014 WC and did win the Fifa Confederations Cup in 2009, however, he is still playing, therefore, he isn't a former player and I doubt he really have any kind of significant reputation in Asia. Like I said, there is a trap in my first few hint. :P

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

So Emo is actually saying that it's a former Brazilian player that was present in 2014 World Cup just not for Brazil?
It's not a coach or a former coach so someone needs to investigate all squads from 2014 World Cup and see how many that retired or changed their nationality from Brazilian to some other were there during 2014 World Cup in Brazil...cause saying he was in Brazil doesn't need to mean that he actually played for Brazil...I would guess.

Still nobody comes to mind on the top of my head but it shouldn't be that hard since we also know that the player didn't play in Europe, that makes things easier when going through all the squads :p

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

It's not a coach or a former coach

I actually never said he was or wasn't a coach or manager by the way. Just that he was a player at one point but not anymore.

Nah I think it is Brazilian, but ‘former’ makes it more confusing. No clue atm, hints needed lol.

Now that I think about it, former Brazilian who was in Brazil in 2014 and never played in Europe. That could mean Pele. I think it is.

• History

Nah I think it is Brazilian, but ‘former’ makes it more confusing. No clue atm, hints needed lol.

Now that I think about it, former Brazilian who was in Brazil in 2014 and never played in Europe. That could mean Pele.

538 11432

@amir_keal He was born in Brazil and only played there but mostly in lower division team and wasn't exactly consider to be a good player. He even had a nickname which refered to that fact.

Edit: And no, its isn't Pele though its also a good guess and definetly getting in the right direction on one point.

• History

@amir_keal He was born in Brazil and only played there but mostly in lower division team and wasn't exactly consider to be a good player. He even had a nickname which refered to that fact.

kyoekyar 6 years ago
12 163

That question is so tricky Emo... hate you lol...

538 11432

@kyoekyar Hehe, ok, since you guys seems so curious about this, I'm going to give you one more hint right now.

While its true he in Brazil at World Cup 2014, he wasn't actually a "player" in Brazil squad. ;)

• History

@kyoekyar Hehe, ok, since you guys seems so curious about this, I'm going to give you more hint right now.

While its true he in Brazil at World Cup 2014, he wasn't actually a "player" in Brazil squad. ;)

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

that pretty much gives it away :p Scolari, won 2002 World Cup as a manager and had success at Guangzhou Evergrande

He played in Europe

• History

Mirandinha?

538 11432

@Yvan21 Yep, I know if I outright said he wasn't actually a Brazilian player at World Cup 2014, someone was bound to find it. Here is your reward: enter image description here

The trap was that while I said he was at World Cup 2014, I never actually said he played at WC 2014 but most of you propably didn't expect that kind of technique to confuse you all. Sorry you guys for making it so hard. :P

Edit: @Amir He only managed in europe in fact, never played there. ;P

• History

@Yvan21 Yep, I know if I outright said he wasn't actually a Brazilian player at World Cup 2014, someone was bound to find it. Here is your reward: enter image description here

The trap was that while I said he was at World Cup 2014, I never actually said he played at WC 2014 but most of you propably didn't expect that kind of technique to confuse you all. Sorry you guys for making it so hard. :P

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Damn thats a good one! My original thought was Augusto but he played in Bayer.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

So pretty much the only Brazilian coach at the 2014 World Cup lol

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo Yeah, but if I had said a former Brazilian player who never played in Europe, is now a manager and was at WC 2014, it would have been too easy. ;p