Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Griezmann to Barcelona?
amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Quick rumor that was quite interesting to hear. Griezmann to Barcelona.

Reasons why it may actually happen

1. He was booed by his own fans, during his goal drought
  2. Barcelona have personally spoken to his two parents about a potential move
  3. Suarez's lack of good performances after Neymar's departure

Just a quick topic, what do you think.

Comments
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

It may very well happen, now that Atletico ban is over and that Diego Costa will be available to play for Atletico Madrid, I don't see why he would chose to remain at the club any longer, especially if the fan doesn't make him feel desired. Didn't expect Barca to be the one moving for him but it make sense when you think about the current situation. :)

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

He is leaving this summer, and for only 2 possible destinations : Barça or United.

Barça :

• He loves Spain.
  • A vacant starting place is waiting for him, right time to move.
  • Adapted to his style and playing with Messi Suarez cant be a punition.

United :

• Mourinho main target, may get him a golden contract and a franchise player role.
  • His best friend Pogba is there.
  • Making United great again is different tahn keep Barça in winning days, bigger chalenge on personal level.

im fearing a United move since i would go there if i was him for fame, money and challenge. but then hope he loves Spain that much and loves Sunny climate...
Its 50-50 and Manchester looks more interested in his arrival than Barça who were more about a plan B after Coutinho.

liomessi10 6 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

If it doesnt happen this summer it wont happen at all. And i think we need him. Suarez only has a few years left, griez could be our main striker when suarez leaves.

rayrex7 6 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Barca are going for all the big players which is kind odd because the so called "La-Masia" was what I recall the best academy?

Jokes aside..

Barca needs players like Jorginho or Eriksen. Someone to carry the midfield role off of Messi. Coutinho is cleraly leaving for Barca or PSG but Barca is more clear. Griezmann would kill off Dembele and Deulofeu. Griezmann is somewhat similar to Messi more than Suarez, he likes to carry the ball from the midfield more often than wait for the ball. Having Messi-Suarez-Dembele-Griezmann-Deulofeu is not a good idea considering all these players require regular playing time. Obvious victim is Deulofeu.

liomessi10 6 years ago

messi and suarez are 30 now. Suarez will be gone in maybe 2 years. by then we can have Messi-griez-deulofeu-dembele. and rotate between deulofeu and dembele.

liomessi10 6 years ago

assuming rakitic, iniesta, and Paulinho left in a few years, we could by then have Eriksen and Coutinho in the mid, along with sergi Roberto, Denis Suarez, and maybe Andre Gomes. and we'd need a solution for busquets. maybe Gomes or Roberto could play cdm?

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Deulofeu plays like an EPL winger now, not even Everton starter... :D

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@liomessi Not sure Gomes at CDM is viable. Roberto is more of an utility player so I'm not sure he can play at that position for all a season and remain consistent.

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Deulofeu has not been anywhere near the level you expect from Barcas offense. Coutinho would be great but he's way too injury prone and that would hurt them in the long run. Greitzmann would be deadly in Barca as long as they can find the right tactics and formation for him along side Messi Suarez and Dembele. I think it would allow Messi to play as a CAM building up plays having Dembele and Greitzmann spread the field.
All In all, it's the beat choice. But they need a better defense.

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

I don't know where he's going and I won't care until I see him in a shirt that isn't Atletico's. Speculation is pointless, we all know he's going...said everyone last summer.

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Nope I knew he won’t. He was going if Atletico transfer ban was released. UEFA maintained it and he clearly stated that he won’t leave until Atletico will be able to sign a replacement...
The transfer ban changed the transfer dynamic, now he is 200% leaving.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@tiki Yep, thats exactly true, by the way, said replacement was supposed to be Alexandre Lacazette. Would have been a great move imo.

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

@Emo They could attempt to sign Giroud. He's not a consistent first choice in Arsenal and it would be a decent transfer. Thing is, him and Diego Costa wouldn't fit well in the same 11. Pastore would be way better choice or Lamela.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@raimondo90 Yeah, I get you, they are a bit too similar and can't really cover each other weakness. But I agree Giroud could have been option if they wouldn't have already signed Costa. :)

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Griezmann is more than likely to leave, with all the speculation around Atleti reporting Barcelona and United having bought Lukaku in the summer, it may open the path for other clubs. I kinda hope he goes to Barcelona of all teams, Arsenal wouldn't think of getting this guy as an Alexis replacement.