Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Griezmann at Barca
Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

So, I wanted to analyze Griezmann first season at Barca (even it isn't technically over).

He scored 14 goal and had 4 assist for his new club, which is not disastrous but not quite the number the fan were expected. Some people are already calling him a flop or saying that Barca need to sell him. What are your thought though?

Comments
DarthFooty 4 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1098

From some outlets, he is not getting a fair shake with the team. He and Messi are not getting along, or the locker room is not completely on board with his being there or play style. Other outlets make it seem like its the coaching staff with the issues.

I will say that I did expect him to do a bit better, but understand that change takes time to overcome.

I would be more concerned with management right now for Barca, than Griez having issues. :P

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

I would be more concerned with management right now for Barca, than Griez having issues.

To be honest, at this point, I thought we all assumed that Barca had management issue. Personally I feel its started to show not long after Neymar left Barca.

tuan_jinn 4 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

What I saw, he always give 100% when he's on the field.

But he struggles, he doesn't seem to get his 100% ability, he shows a lot of class but also lost of rocky touches... which is surprised, there are lots of reasons for that ofc, new system, confident, aware of the surrounding players... the pace of things.

He really needs time to adapt, and he is doing that, but sometimes slow. I saw things that are not smooth between him and Messi or other midfielders... something is just not perfect, he's not in the right position for passing, sometimes he's too fast to be there, or too slow... the chemistry is lacking.

I really do expect a bit more from him, but can't blame him all. I think he needs more help from Messi and co, feeds him more.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

@Tuan Still think it wasn't a great move to change club at that point of his career, especially one that has such high demand from its player.

mladen 4 years ago
Manchester United, Yugoslavia 253 2319

doing well but he is at 60% of his abilities . Barca paid near 500mil for him,Coutinho,Dembele and look at them.Disaster. Same as Bale imo . Never on that Spurs' level ,but it's Spain,sun,always in UCL ..

_Pelle_ 4 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6884

In Barca... if you are bought for big money you are expected to do wonders immediately and all the time. They call for example Ibrahimovic a failure even if he had a very decent season... and there are more examples.

The bar is simply set very high, Messily high.... and the problem is that most players wont reach that kind of level.

Griezemann has been decent, even if he hasn’t really lived up to his price tag. I could see a swap deal Neymar-Griezemann actually happen. Barca would be slightly a winner as they would get a better player, even if they’ve lost a lot economically. I also think Grizou could mash well with PSG. All parts will be winners, more or less.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

In Barca... if you are bought for big you are expected to do wonders immediately and all the time. They call for example Ibrahimovic a failure even if he had a very decent season... and there are more.
The bar is set very high, Messily high....

Griezemann has been decent, even if he hasn’t really lived up to his price tag. I could see a swap deal Neymar-Griezemann actually happen. Barca would be slightly a winner as they would get a better player, even if they’ve lost a lot economically. I also think Grizou could mash well with PSG. All parts will be winners, more or less.

Pupper 4 years ago
Juventus 0 214

Just crazy to think about that spending 100m for a player in today's market is not guaranteed an instant success. You would think players in that price range would be able to perform in almost any system from day 1. Instead has every transfer in the 100m range in the last 3-4 years been a flop/decent, with the only exception of Mbappe.