Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Great news, Chelsea fans!
Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

<http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/2975285/title/chelsea-fc-announces-annual-profit>

Read all of it and it will make you pretty happy. Also, All of Chelsea's remaining debt was converted into equity, making the club 100% debt free. I guess that's another sign that Roman Abramovich is getting bored with Chelsea, right *sarcasm for those who don't get it*? Hooray for our first profit :D. We surpassed Arsenal in revenue! SO freaking happy!

Comments
ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

congrazzies

DonAndres 11 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

"Chelsea FC plc today announced a profit of £1.4 million for the year ended 30th June 2012 - the first time the club has made a profit since Roman Abramovich took over in 2003"
OMG. Really?dafuq they managed to have a profit of the huge number of £1.4 million?
You should know that this is the first time that Abramovich's chelsea has profit since 2003.Every other year they had - not + ..
Imagine if they have not won the Champions League.
Also Barcelona had 54.000.000 € profit(495M income this year,441M last year). Imagine if we had won more trophies..
The fact that chelsea had profit for first time doesnt mean that abramovih wont get bored! 
PS. Arsenal had £36.6m profit this year..

Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

Well... thanks for being so kind Don. Now I'm not sure if you noticed but I don't give a shit about other teams profits. This was for Chelsea fans not Barca fans being asses, and about Roman being bored... I'll make sure to post a thread about this article about Roman since 2003.

@ramaboy10: At least someone was able to be kind :)

DonAndres 11 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

@Trollman 
so i was rude by saying that having a profit 1.4M is not an achievement?
i apologize for offending you,i didnt want it but i dont think that is possible for a thread to be read only be chelsea fans just because of his title..

Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

You are only bringing up the part where you were talking about the 1.4 million. You started comparing Chelsea to teams bigger for the past 30 years and then bring up profit from other teams when you know this is Chelsea's first profit. Btw, yes you can post here but whats the point of arguing with me over when its obvious about this mostly focused for Chelsea fans, and not someone here to compare Chelsea to a team that has been succeeding for over 30 years. Apology accepted, but please remember this is Chelsea's first profit and its pretty biased to compare them to a team full of profits and revenues like Barca. I'm just hoping this 1.4 profit is a sign of good things to come.

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

More proof that FFP is complete BS:
1-"Intergroup debt of £166.6m was capitalised into equity during the course
of the year strengthening the balance sheet and making Chelsea FC plc
debt free"
That means that the Club "technically" owed RA 160+ mill pounds but he agreed to forgive the debt in exchange for owning "Equity" (shares/assets) of the club. In other words, they Abramovich wrote of the debt (they didn't actually pay it off).
2-"The club also enjoyed an uplift in revenues from commercial activities including new partners and merchandising."  Chief amongst those is a 3 year deal signed with the Gazprom for a "commercially confidential" sum (the nice thing about being privately owned is that you are not required to release such information).  I'm sure you will find it interesting that Roman Abramovich, sold his controlling stake in the oil company Sibneft to Gazprom for £8.4 billion in 2005. Looks like Roman's following City's lead as they got away with signing the richest sponsorship deal in history with Etihad Airways (who just coincidentally happen to be owned by members of the Sheik's family). Uefa's rules demand clubs must not accept inflated sponsorship deals from "related parties" which it defines s those with "significant influence" over clubs' sponsors. Unfortunately, Gazrpom (Russia's largest state-run company) just happened to agree to become an official partner of the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Super Cup for the next three seasons. Conflict of interest?
3-"The £1.4m profit contrasts with a loss of £67.7m in the previous financial year". Well, these numbers account for up to June 30th, just before the
transfer window opened in July and Chelsea proceeded to spend 90 million
pounds on transfers over the next 2 months. So even with the 48 millions pounds they made from the CL they just barely scraped into the black.
4- The one GREAT thing they did was increase their overall turnover from £222.3m to £255.7m. This is what they surpassed Arsenal in @DonAndres not profit.

I'm not on a hate campaign or anything I just think this is all misleading and I wanted to point out why. The truth is, I'm more angry about how FFP is a load of shit than about how Chelsea chooses to spend their own money. And I'm definitely not saying that the Arsenal is the best. There are so many flaws in it that I could discuss with you if you are so inclined.

Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

Indeed FFP is fucked up but you made one tiny little mistake with paying 90 million. Yes, 42 million isn't enough but think of the other matches before the finals. Group matches gives you more money, advancing to knockout round adds more money, and beating Barca and Benefica alone added more money. Not like 8 million but like 2 or 3 million. So yeah it would be around 50-55 milion. Then add our FA Cup win which is 1.8 million plus TV rights and other things which would make it near 8-10 million. That makes it 60-65 million, right? Now the players we sold... Meireles was near 10 million pounds. Maybe 8 million? So yes that makes 70 million or more. Yes that is still not 90 million but it does nearly reach it. Tiny error but I felt like correcting you :P.

Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

2-3 million for each big match.

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

Thanks for the clarification Trollman. Want to hear some even crazier shit? Alisher Usmanov, another Billionaire Russian who is a minority shareholder of Arsenal (owns 30%) happens to be the chairman of Gazprominvestholdings, the investment holding subsidiary of Russia's state-owned gas company Gazprom, where his role is to manage what Gazprom calls its "most difficult and sensitive financial transactions."

awais007 11 years ago
Chelsea, Pakistan 178 922

Good News

Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

@Footaholic: That is indeed some crazy shit! Never knew that... thanks for telling me!

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

no problem trollman