Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Goal-line tech might be experimented with in the EPL this coming season
bloodred1992 12 years ago
Manchester United, Portugal 15 300

The goal-line tech debate was reignited with the incident in the England - Ukraine match in the Euros and now it seems FIFA has finally agreed to take the issue seriously. We might see the technology being tried out in some matches in the EPL this coming season. If all goes well, the technology could feature in the 2014 World Cup and every important tournament thereafter.

Hawk-Eye(the same tech used in Tennis and Cricket) and GoalRef are two technologies currently available that can help in making goal-line decisions and the EPL is reportedly keen to sign up for one or both of these technologies.

Here's a video showing how they will work.

Personally, till now I was against using goal-line tech since I believed it would slow down the pace of the game and football should be non-stop and free-flowing. But now considering how fast these two technologies are (both take just a second which is in line with FIFA's requirements), I must say the game needs it.

Source: CNET News

What do you guys think?

Comments
Heisinburg 12 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

Looks pretty expensive! haha

awais007 12 years ago
Chelsea, Pakistan 178 922

but it is necessary

raimondo90 12 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I'm against any thing being placed inside the ball. It can alter everything for players.

ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

GOOD.