{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

gerrard vs lampard
Fru_Toot 11 years ago
Manchester City, England 54 635

who is better?

Comments
Vendetta 11 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

Oh this battle/debate can take hours. No offense Fru_Toot but I suggest this thread should just be closed. Which brings up the topic of having the freedom to edit/close/remove posts and threads... Bleh, another time.

Fru_Toot 11 years ago

why should it be closed or removed? 

Tuanis 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

if this thread stays as a normal discussion then I dont see why to close it.  

Vendetta 11 years ago

I suggested it. It doesn't have to be closed but just by reading the title, I know this debate can never end. They're both world class midfielders who have proved themselves to the world. But to compare them to see who truly wins would take too long. I would honestly pick Lampard though. Achieved more, pulls the strings like Gerrard, excellent passer and crosser, and 7 goals away from Chelsea's all-time top scorer as a midfielder. Wow!

Tuanis 11 years ago

but i think they are two different players who cant be compared that easily. Lampard is a top class midfielder with more ofensive characteristics than Gerard. Both have been the key players for their respective teams but the main difference here is their consistency. I believe Gerard has been more consistent in recent years because Lampard has hardly played and when he did it wasnt always his best match. Another thing to consider is that they play in very different teams, one just won the UCL and the other one has been on a bad run for about 4 seasons. Gerard is still the key player for Liverpool while Lampard was almost sold at the beginning of the season. I must say Ill have to go with Carrick in this one.........

Vendetta 11 years ago

Lol wut? Where the hell did Carrick come from? I thought this was Lampard vs Gerrard?

Tuanis 11 years ago

Vendetta 11 years ago

I'm sorry but the way I see it, Carrick has not achieved what Gerrard or Lampard achieved. Being second to Ronaldhino for Ballon D'Or is a difficult task at a young age.

TheGame 11 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

I don't know who is better, but when they played together for England, neither!

20ROBINVANPERSIE 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 26 349

giggs is better

raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Passing- Gerrard
Scoring- Lampard
Penalties- Lampard
Vision- Gerrard
Tackles- Gerrard

If we are talking about personal opinion then id take Gerrard any day, he has everything i look for in a central Mid.

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

They should have been used in exchange for one another, instead of alongside one another, for all these long, painful England years. :/

They were both modern-day Charltons, and there's only room in a starting XI for one. 

Vendetta 11 years ago

The way I see it, they can both fit in the national team. If we are talking about an attacking England formation, I would see a 4-3-3 Attacking work out for both of them. Lampard has always favored being upfront than in the back so he could be the CAM in the midfield. He likes to take part of the action and track back when needed. He can spark a new attack or open up a scoring chance if infront. Gerrard can be one of the two CM's (other one maybe Carrick). He can be the long passer, game changer, and more defensive type of playmaker. I would give the corners to Gerrard. Free kicks would be difficult but maybe short distance ones for Frankie and Long distance for Gerrard. As for penalties, there is no arguing who would step up.

Fru_Toot 11 years ago

in my opinion Lampard is better but Gerrard is more loyal

Vendetta 11 years ago

I checked Wikipedia, BBC, ESPN to check if this is true. Some are a bit off, but here is the chart of some of the 5 best CMs or attacking CMs of this generation. As you can see... Lampard wins. Better vision or not, Lampard clearly beats Stevie G. Even in assists.

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

I think Xavi and Scholes, and Lampard and Iniesta make for interesting comparisons. 

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

For me Gerrard wins.. just my opinion though

awais007 11 years ago
Chelsea, Pakistan 178 922

super frankie win for me
its just like a battle to choose leo messi and cristiano and no one choose exactly