Goalkeepers: ter Stegen, Neuer, Leno, Trapp
Centrebacks: Hummels, Boateng, Sule, Rudiger, Tah, Ginter
Fullbacks: Kimmich, Hector, Plattenhardt
Midfielders: Kroos, Ozil, Goretzka, Gundogan, Khedira, Rudy
Wingers: Brandt, Draxler, Reus, Sane
Forwards: Gomez, Muller, Petersen, Werner
enter image description here

Most likely starting lineup ^^

Notable exclusions: Fahrmann/Horn/Ulreich, Phillip Max/Weiser/Klostermann, Weigl/Can, Kruse/Volland/Stindl/Uth/Wagner/Gnabry/Phillip
Most likely to drop out: Trapp, Ginter/Tah, Brandt, Petersen

So, here are key points for discussion:

• generally a lot of Germans now prefer MaTS over Neuer for the WC
  • Sule may have endangered Boateng's place, but knowing Low, I doubt he would let Sule start
  • Goretzka might get plenty of playtime, can see him rotating with Khedira
  • Reus's first tournament in years...
  • Sane could be option on right when Muller doesn't play
  • Muller is playing in his usual raumdeuter role btw
  • Germans are mad for some exclusions, and inclusions: Trapp and Leno are considered overrated, there is no replacement for Kimmich (except maybe Rudiger or Ginter, two CBs), Gomez is called over bunch of, honestly, better players - Uth, Volland and Wagner had better seasons than him

How far will they go?

Credits to @Golazo on idea.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Goalkeepers: ter Stegen, Neuer, Leno, Trapp
Centrebacks: Hummels, Boateng, Sule, Rudiger, Tah, Ginter
Fullbacks: Kimmich, Hector, Plattenhardt
Midfielders: Kroos, Ozil, Goretzka, Gundogan, Khedira, Rudy
Wingers: Brandt, Draxler, Reus, Sane
Forwards: Gomez, Muller, Petersen, Werner

Most likely starting lineup ^^

Notable exclusions: Fahrmann/Horn, Phillip Max/Weiser/Klostermann, Weigl/Can, Kruse/Volland/Stindl/Uth/Wagner/Gnabry/Phillip
Most likely to drop out: Trapp, Ginter/Tah, Brandt, Petersen

So, here are key points for discussion:

• generally a lot of Germans now prefer MaTS over Neuer for the WC
  • Sule may have endangered Boateng's place, but knowing Low, I doubt he would let Sule start
  • Goretzka might get plenty of playtime, can see him rotating with Khedira
  • Reus's first tournament in years...
  • Sane could be option on right when Muller doesn't play
  • Muller is playing in his usual raumdeuter role btw
  • Germans are mad for some exclusions, and inclusions: Trapp and Leno are considered overrated, there is no replacement for Kimmich (except maybe Rudiger or Ginter, two CBs), Gomez is called over bunch of, honestly, better players - Uth, Volland and Wagner had better seasons than him

How far will they go?

Credits to @Golazo on idea.

Comments
tiki10taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 0 82

From friendlies : can’t put a coin on them, their Qualification compain was solid but not supernatural.
For me France and Germany have same issues, they have so many different profiles of talent that their coaches are having headaches...
in my mind I have their games Vs Conté’s Italy ( won on PKs ) and Vs France ( 2-0 loss ), I found them weaker than 2014, their defense Boateng-Hummells less solid, Neuer not inform, Lahm their Modric is gone... that’s a lot.
Now Germany is still Germany just like Italy in WC, their form or potential doesn’t matter while arriving to WC, these nations won it multiple times and can defeat anyone in an elemination game, But I feel they will fell short before the final Vs a Europeen or South American team....
Spain with their white Jokers Ascencio and Vasquez, their butcher Ramos and their brains Iniesta-Silva, their passionate players Carvajal-Alba-Azpi, their 9’s Costa-Rodrigo-Aspas, their Bench starting in 90 of the qualified nations, their wall DDG... what can i say, they need a disaster to loose WC, or an incredible Brazil...
I don’t see Germany matching their level...

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

I don't think Germany's profiles are less controlled as France. Young player of PL was excluded. Low values experience, and that is very important in these games for me too. He took Gomez over Wagner as an example. Gomez has been to a WC, Wagner has not. He was taken regardless of form. He knows they can get better with him.

I still see them as a strong favorite, only team that could match them is Spain, and if I'm nice enough to say another country then Brazil.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

team chemistry hmm. something that you can't use numbers and stats to really prove it.