Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Germans,why? (match-fixing euro scandal)
shpalman 11 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

Hi there,just wanted to submit this argument: why in your opinion Germans are so proud and elitists,always braggin' about the superiority of their National team and Bundesliga? I want to raise this argument after the umpteenth insulting post of a german guy against the Italian Serie A,which was labeled as corrupt and boring.

Side (but more serious) argument: As many of you already knew,europol revealed a big match-fixing scandal which involved WC,EURO and CL matches. As you can see,Italy is not the only one having this plague..

Sources:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/feb/04/europol-investigation-football-matchfixing

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21319807

Comments
shpalman 11 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

As you can read from the 2nd link,Germany itself has a big match-fixing base criminal organization. To think how many times we Italians were called dirty cheaters,the ruin of football. I just don't laugh my a*s off because all of it is extremely sad,but stil...

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

"always braggin' about the superiority of their National team"

Because they're the second most successful footballing nation in history, and have been in more finals than anyone else?

I don't know any particularly arrogant German fans, but even if I did, let's be fair: they can back it up.

shpalman 11 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

Quote Lodatz: "Because they're the second most successful footballing nation in history, and have been in more finals than anyone else?"

and lost it?

they never won against Italy: FACT. Furthermore they have 3 WC titles,Italy 4. Also,we recently slapped them in the face at EURO 2012.
You can talk about all the statistic you want,i don't freaking care. I look at titles and direct matches. They are not in the position to brag and insult us,period.

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Sounds to me like you just want to start a fight with someone.

(btw, 2 of Italy's WCs came in the 1930s, when half the big teams weren't even playing)

shpalman 11 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

no,i don't want to start a fight with anyone. i was quite active in the past on this website,but at one point i left because i am just tired that everytime i go check the serie a highlights,i have to read stupid comments,insults towards italians and our league. most of the time are german people or english kiddos. the last one was on the AC Milan video yesterday,from a german dude. of course i can ignore it,but when i have it under my eyes it just ruins my good mood. when today came out this match fixing scandal (which involves "clean and pure" germany),i made this tread to gather opinions on both the arguments.
note: i live in germany..

SternDesSuedens 11 years ago
Bayern Munich, Germany 9 317

Ture, there have been several match fixing scandals in Germany in the past. But there is no reason for you to generalize all Germans to be arrogant, bragging elitists. I've met lots of Italians who, like you just did, brag about how you always beat us and how you got one more WC title. Yet I'll never say that all Italians are like that.

On a related note, a country that was/is governed by the likes of Berlusconi seems a little shady to most Germans.

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@shpalman  I honestly doubt that you can live in Germany with that sort of attitude towards Germans... -.-

koldimere 11 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

hey I remember you...weren't you @prodigal?

mladen 11 years ago
Manchester United, Yugoslavia 253 2319

70 suspicious games in Germany. I m really surprised . I have no more good opinion about their league.