Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Freestyle football
BOBBY123 8 years ago
Barcelona, Australia 5 275

Wondering if anyone on here is really into freestyle football or if they enjoy watching it, and if so how good and how much do you do it?

Comments
louis_van_gaal 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 38 786

I'm 15 and when it comes to freestyle I suck. My record for juggling is over 400 and I can practically juggle forever now but I still can't even do around the world. I also can's do a rainbow flick. I still play soccer/football at a regional level though. Freestyle football I've found is pretty much useless when it comes to improving as a player. It just looks cool when you can do it.

Rowley 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 193

I'm 15 and when it comes to freestyle, im not exactly terrible, i can round the world and drop the ball on my neck without bouncing (any name for it?) :D I prefer 'real football' then freestyle because freestyle can be fun, but mainly pointless

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

Defender/Keeper perspective:

I have always found freestyling to be essentially useless. I have had countless friends and teammates who practiced certain tricks and moves for years, yet never had the guts to actually use them ingame, and with good reason. I've been playing this sport for over a decade and I can count on one hand how often I have seen one of those really impressive tricks actually work.

I remember when I was working with the Sporting Lisbon kids this summer, one of the coaches basically told me not to limit their creativity, if practicing a skill makes them happy and increases the touch (first touch in particiular) then let it go. But if it begins to interfere with their actual game, (see: attempting the skill repeatedly instead of taking a high percentage touch) then you step in.

BOBBY123 8 years ago

Yeh ok, same with rowley prefer the real football, rather than freestyle. although i do it a little bit, i still cant do much

Maty_Ryan25 8 years ago
Brighton & Hove Albion, Australia 4 34

i am really good at freestyle :P...
Also probably better than Andrew henderson.......and bobby 123
Who am i kidding i suck

Tbh mastour is really good at freestyle but look where that got him

BOBBY123 8 years ago

@Maty
Yeh ok...
Hachim Mastour is still very young and could still become quite good though and plus there are a lot of top players that are good at freestyle as well.....Eg. Ronaldo, Neymar. But you do need more than just freestyle and skills to make to the best like these players do...

Marcus2011 8 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Meanwhile good boy Messi hides his taxes and quits on his mates . You don't quit on mates when you are their captain and represent nation. Then he complains that Argentinians don't like him . No wonder Blatter called him good boy and like a son . Like a father like a son eh ))

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Meanwhile good boy Messi hides his taxes and quits on his mates . You don't quit on yourself . No wonder Blatter called him good boy and like a son . Like a father like a son eh ))

Meanwhile good boy Messi hides his taxes and quits on his mates . You don't quit on mates . No wonder Blatter called him good boy and like a son . Like a father like a son eh ))

BOBBY123 8 years ago

@marcus
Freestyle footbal????

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11426

@Marcus2011 Off topic much?

Freestyle is cool to see, but I don't really practice it so I really couldn't say if its useful or not. :(