Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

France Squad for World Cup 2018
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

The list is out, here are the player who made the list:

Keeper: Hugo Lloris (Tottenham), Steve Mandanda (OM), Alphonse Areola (PSG).

Defender: Djibril Sidibé (Monaco), Benjamin Pavard (Stuttgart), Samuel Umtiti (FC Barcelone), Raphaël Varane (Real Madrid), Presnel Kimpembe (PSG), Adil Rami (OM), Benjamin Mendy (ManCity), Lucas Hernandez (Atlético Madrid).

Midfielder: Paul Pogba (ManUnited), Corentin Tolisso (Bayern Munich), Blaise Matuidi (Juventus Turin), Ngolo Kanté (Chelsea), Steven Nzonzi (Séville)

Foward: Antoine Griezmann (Atlético Madrid), Olivier Giroud (Chelsea), Kylian Mbappé (PSG), Ousmane Dembélé (FC Barcelone), Florian Thauvin (OM), Nabil Fekir (Lyon), Thomas Lemar (Monaco).

What do you guys think about that squad? I'm a bit suprised to see Rami and Feki in but really glad to see Nzonzi. Dissapointed they didn't call Lenglet nor Rabbiot. Was expecting them to be considerated at least.

Comments
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Pelle France are like that, they got so many good player to chose from that they tend to go with in-form one, it was the same with Payet in the Euro. I just wish they would stick to the same team instead of alway switching player all the time. :(

tiki10taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 0 82
  • Rabiot didn’t deserve his spot, plus I think his post game interview vs Madrid didn’t please Deschamps who wants unity of the squad.
  • Thauvin deserves but won’t play a minute, his season is complete and perfect but he fails to deliver against bigger teams plus he was never used by DD. Not sure WC is the right place to try players.
  • Rami, for off pitch work. He was brought to speak and to lead plus he is very funny and put good vibes in training.
  • Nzonzi : French Busquets, very underrated player and works perfect with Kante.
  • Benjamin Mendy : injured whole season, risky buisness but then France has wingers problem. I would have called Digne he’s been decent with Barca.
  • Karim Benzema : scandalous not to call him, but we know the problems between the two.
  • Ben Yedder, Gameiro, Lacazette : one of these 3 should have got a call, if Giroud does not deliver then only Mbappe or Griezmann can play at 9, none of them is a traditional striker.
  • Payet : injured.

I don’t like DD management, he played many games with many players, well he has to deal with a big number of talented players in each positions except the wings. But i feel France has no official XI and in term if chemistry, it will have an impact.

I would have called Ribéry even after retirement, nobody refuses WC and his profile is what France needs the most...

_Pelle_ 6 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

Yeah Ribery would really have been a good addition, but I think his case is a bit similar to that of Benzema... Even if he is retired.