Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

FR scouting #2 : Nicolas Pepe.
tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Main reason why Lille are second this season, with Ikoné and Bamba, one of the most exciting attacks of this season...

23 yo, 1m83, right winger, fast and technical, huge stats goals+assists... NT : Ivory coast

29 games : 17 goals + 8 assists.

Would be the perfect fit for an English team, he got everything to succeed there, he costs less than 35 mil, pinnuts for the bright future i expect him to have.

Comments
amir_keal 5 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Probably going to Bayern, really hope they get Hudson Odoi instead so we can get him instead of Nkunku, that way Chelsea weakens and we get stronger.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

29 games : 17 goals + 8 assists

I mean, thats the kind of number I expect to see from a player like Neymar, if this kid can keep this up, he could become the next africain superstar. Really hyped up for this one. I feel like he got amazing potential, wonder where he will go as well. Feel like it could be to a English club though like Tiki said. Could see him at Arsenal or United. Maybe Liverpool if they sell Mane in the summer (some rumours say this could happen). Don't think he would have a chance at Chelsea (they just signed Pulisic) or at City (got plenty of debth there already).

tiki_taka 5 years ago

Yeah he is comfirming this season, already saved Lille last season from relegation with 13 goals most of them in the last games, then this season being player of the month twice.
Ligue 1 got many promising youngsters : Ndombele, Aouar, Tousart ( Lyon ) Saint Maximin, Attal ( Nice ) Bamba, Pepe, Ykone ( Lille ).... But i will scout in different leagues in the next posts :)

tiki_taka 5 years ago

@Amir Im not really convinced yet by the hype arround Hudson Odoi, saw him scoring some goals but didnt saw some surnatural skills. the fact that he doesnt have enough playing time didnt help me to appreciate, but is he as good as the hype arround him ?
( Just like Sancho, imo Being English make the hype and the price tag climb unnaturally )

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

he costs less than 35 mil, pinnuts for the bright future i expect him to have.

Arsenal was linked with him but the offer of 50M was refused, most likely going to Bayern.

tiki_taka 5 years ago

Well quickzy if clubs are already fighting for him, speculations on his price would climb drastically.
Sad for football that gems have no longer a bargain price, midle budget teams will be weakened by this. Players now will be thrown directly into monster teams with few chances to break through, players like Malcolm are wasted that way...

amir_keal 3 years ago

If only he went to Bayern instead 😔

Footy_watch 3 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1858

Pepe is our best winger, he needs to be given consistent game time

SunFlash 3 years ago
USA 19 3260

In all honesty if he's not getting consistent game time then he's not your best winger. I see Arsenal going through what United did pre-Ole where every player transferred in underperformed relative to their performance with their previous team. That's a problem with the system, not the players themselves. One player kind of sucking? Probably their fault. Everyone kind of sucking? That's a systemic issue.

amir_keal 3 years ago

No chance he's our best winger, Pepe is super inconsistent, and he almost never drives, he's not a goal scoring threat (It's improving but I'm still not convinced), I honestly prefer Saka way more than Pepe, at least he doesn't play with fear

Footy_watch 3 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1858

I wasn't on pepe's side last season but I think he is good enough after what he's done this season. He just needs to be coached to not shy away from taking on defenders.