Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Filipe Luis and Juanfran
Emobot7 4 years ago Edited
538 11432

You guys remember Filipe Luis and Juanfran? Back when they played for Atletico and were part of the best defensive unit of Europe.

I know this is weird time to bring this up but do you guys got any idea why they both left europe to join Brazilian teams in 2019? Especially Juanfran, who isn't Brazilian like Filipe Luiz and who is actually the second spanish player to ever join Sao Paulo FC and is the fist european player to do so since Portugal's Antônio Augusto Fernandes Machado in 1967.

I know they are past their prime and that its a move to prepare for the end of their careers but the timing and destination was a bit weird to me.

On another note, I remember what they accomplished with Atletico Madrid and I'm a bit bummed they never managed to get their hand on the CL. :(

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

You guys remember Filipe Luis and Juanfran? Back when they played for Atletico and were part of the best defensive unit of Europe.

I know this is weird time to bring this up but do you guys got any idea why they both left europe to join Brazilian team in 2019? Especially Juanfran, who isn't Brazilian like Filipe Luiz and who is actually the second spanish player to ever join Sao Paulo FC and is the fist european player to do so since Portugal's Antônio Augusto Fernandes Machado in 1967.

I know they are past their prime and that its a move to prepare for the end of their careers but the timing and destination was a bit weird to me.

On another note, I remember what they accomplished with Atletico Madrid and I'm a bit bummed they never managed to get their hand on the CL. :(