Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Ferguson Statue
man_utd 11 years ago
Manchester United, South Korea 91 1444

Ferguson’s wife, Lady Cathy – who he refers to as ‘the boss’ – revealed the bronze sculpture following a ceremony that paid tribute to his 26 glorious years at United.

Around 2,500 fans braved the wet Manchester weather to attend the event, along with Sir Alex’s family, his current squad and dozens of his former players, including Eric Cantona, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Peter Schmeichel, Edwin van der Sar and Ruud van Nistelrooy.

“It's a really proud moment for me,” Sir Alex said, before joking: “Normally people die before they have a statue. I'm outliving death!

“The boss [Lady Cathy] is a fantastic person. Someone has to control me and she's the only one who can. She has promised that every Saturday morning she's going to come down and bow to the statue!”

The statue’s sculptor, Philip Jackson, who was also responsible for the United Trinity and Sir Matt Busby statues at the stadium, spoke briefly about his latest project.

"I’ve tried to portray him as a man of great determination and as a thinking man, but also with humour, which he has in abundance, so there’s just a slight smile in the corner of his mouth. That’s really what I wanted to portray,” Jackson said.

(www.manutd.com)

Comments
Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

He deserves to have a statue. Truly the greatest and most loyal manager of all time. 

Heisinburg 11 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

All hail King Fergie. 

Heisinburg 11 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

man_utd 11 years ago
Manchester United, South Korea 91 1444

"And Ten Community Shields (YAY!)

In that time, there has been....
Five american presidents (BOO)
Five British Prime ministers (BOO)
There have been, you'll like this,
Ten Liverpool Managers (YAY)
Ther've been Twelve England Managers (BOO!? YAY!?)
And even better, there have been 19 Manchester City Managers (YAY!)"
Also love when the Sepp Blatter video comes on, they boo and laugh at him and someone says asshole. xD

United_Hates_Blues 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 14 985

Paying tribute to one on the greatest manager's the sport has ever seen !

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Amazing

nandaYNWA 11 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

Hate him, but you gotta respect the lad. Great manager, will definitely go down as one of the greatest of all time :)