Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

FC Bayern decided to sack Julian Nagelsmann with immediate effect
Emobot7 1 year ago
538 11432

So, Nagelsmann been sacked by Bayern. That was unexpected.

I was no fan of the guy, especially since he joined Bayern, thought he talked too big considering he had not proven much at the highest level.

Still think it had to be mostly about stuff behind the scene, I mean Bayern can still win the treble and are only 1 point behind Dortmund, doesn't seem to be any reason to panic.

I'm really curious to hear what you guys think about this though.

Comments
DarthFooty 1 year ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

I would guess it's more personal or behind the scenes. They are still playing for trophies and they still have the pick of the litter in the market, so has to be something behind closed doors.

DarthFooty 1 year ago

Bayern Munich sack coach Julian Nagelsmann, hire Thomas Tuchel amid Bundesliga struggles. CRAZY level of expectations......

Emobot7 1 year ago
538 11432

@DarthFooty Thats my thought as well, it has to be about stuff that happened behind closed doors.

Heard Kahn might be one of the major reason, did the two has a lot of beef together?

It just seem weird to me that a club as well run as Bayern would do something like that right now, they seemed to say that Nagelsmann was hired for a long term project and considering in term of performance, he basically haven't done anything terrible, its really weird they sacked him like that.

I mean, normally, I would expect that Nagelsmann did something big that displeased some of the board member but if that was the case, I'd suppose we would have heard about it already.

Right now, this seem like a spur of the moment thing but I hope I'm wrong because thats not the kind of thing Bayern do in general.

Footy_watch 1 year ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

I don't know why any manager would want to manage teams like Bayern who are gauranteed trophies every season. Its extremely boring and not worthy of being considered an achievement.

I already didn't like bayern and now I dislike them even more. I hope they lose in every competition.

Nagelsmann won every champions league match. Its unacceptable that they sacked him.

Algerino 1 year ago
Napoli, Algeria 6 845

Bad decision imo

DarthFooty 1 year ago

and now I see Nagelsmann is factored in at Tottenham with Conte out.... Interesting move

Emobot7 1 year ago
538 11432

@DarthFooty If Nagelsmann manage to build a winning team and a long term project with Tottenham, he'll go down in history and Bayern will look quite foolish. Also, after having managed Mane and Sane, Nagelsmann might get to manage Kane for real.

Footy_watch 1 year ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

Winning the fa cup or better with Tottenham will be the greatest achievement out of all the achievements for a manager. Even better than any smaller club winning it. But no manager is good enough to do that.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Winning the fa cup or better with Tottenham will be the greatest achievement out of all the achievements for a manager. Even better than any smaller club winning it.

_Pelle_ 1 year ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

This move really confused me.

I liked Tuchel as a manager in PSG and think they didn’t appreciate him enough… but Bayern is not sucking so it didn’t make too much sense for me.

Footy_watch 1 year ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

Justice for nagelsmann I don't think he would've lost against city if he was still manager.

Emobot7 1 year ago Edited
538 11432

Even if he did, he propably wouldn't have gotten 3 goals down in the first leg. Like, you can lose away in CL when there 2 legs but losing by 3 goals make a comeback really complicated in the second leg. Bringing a new coach so close to the QF was a big mistake in itself, you need time to have the players play your games.

There also the fact that some player like Upamecano might have been on Nagelsmann side and are still confused by him leaving. That could partly explain his terrible performance against City yesterday.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Even if he did, he propably wouldn't have gotten 3 goals down in the first leg. Like, you can lose away in CL when there 2 legs but losing by 3 goals make a comeback really complicated in the second leg. Bringing a new coach so close to the QF was a big mistake in itself, you need time to have the players play your games.

There also the fact that some player like Upamecano might have been on Nagelsmann side and are still confused by him leaving. That could partly explain his terrible performance against Bayern.