Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

FC Barcelona
billywalendom 9 years ago Edited
21 186

What's wrong with Barcelona? Why do you think they aren't doing well?

Could the formation be part of the problem? Is Enrique employing the best one?

This may slightly denature Barca, but, with the new squad they have, I personally think they best switch from 4-3-3 to 4-2-3-1. Rakitic, for example, is more capable of playing a defensive role than Xavi and Iniesta who are more exclusively passing oriented, a reason why they stayed ahead of Busquets with the 4-3-3 formation.

Another reason to switch formation is Luis Suarez. Suarez comes from 31 league goals with Liverpool to almost equalling his biggest goal drought. He is most effective in the middle as opposed to the wing, but Enrique may be concerned, to Suarez's expense, about Messi's discomfort if shifted to the wing. 4-3-3 May accomodate Suarez and Messi with less compromise. Here's how it could look:

.............Suarez

....Neymar Messi Iniesta

......Busquets Rakitic

...Alba Mathieu Mascherano Alves

I am simply suggesting this switch may help, although there may be a bigger reason for their poor form than discomfort in positioning.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

This may slightly denature Barca, but, with the new squad they have, I personally think they best switch from 4-3-3 to 4-2-3-1. Rakitic, for example, is more capable of playing a defensive role, which wasn't the case with Xavi and Iniesta. They are more exclusively passing oriented, a reason why they stayed ahead of Busquets with the 4-3-3 formation.

Another reason to switch formation is Luis Suarez. Suarez comes from 31 league goals with Liverpool to almost equalling his biggest goal drought. He is most effective in the middle as opposed to the wing, but Enrique may be concerned, to Suarez's expense, about Messi's discomfort if shifted to the wing. 4-3-3 May accomodate Suarez and Messi with less compromise. Here's how it could look:

Suarez

Neymar Messi Iniesta

Busquets Rakitic

Alba Mathieu Mascherano Alves

I am simply suggesting this switch may help, although there may be a bigger reason for their poor form than discomfort in positioning.

This may slightly denature Barca, but, with the new squad they have, I personally think they best switch from 4-3-3 to 4-2-3-1. Rakitic, for example, is more capable of playing a defensive role, which wasn't the case with Xavi and Iniesta. They are more exclusively passing oriented, a reason why they stayed ahead of Busquets with the 4-3-3 formation.

Suarez

Neymar Messi Iniesta

Busquets Rakitic

Suarez

Neymar Messi Iniesta

Busquets Rakitic

.............Suarez

....Neymar Messi Iniesta

......Busquets Rakitic

...Alba Mathieu Mascherano Alves

Comments
Jimbet 9 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

FWD : Neymar/Suarez + Messi
MID : Rakitic, xavi, Busquets, iniesta
DEF : Alba, Mathieu, Mascherano, Alves

4-4-2 maybe?

ArgjentKOSOVO 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Kosovo 0 35

Neymar/Suarez/Messi
Xavi/Busquets/Rakitic
Alba/Mathieu/Mascherano/Alves
Still not good enought!

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Neymar/Suarez/MessiXavi/Busquets/RakiticAlba/Mathieu/Mascherano/AlvesStill not good enought!

liomessi10 9 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

Suarez
Neymar----messi
Xavi--- rakitic---iniesta
Matthieu---alba----mascherano---alves(until vermaelen comes that is)