Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Fabianski signs for Swansea
quikzyyy 10 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

Lukasz Fabianski leaves Arsenal to join Swansea City on free transfer
The 29-year-old Poland international will join the Swans on a free transfer when his contract with the Gunners expires at the end of June.

"The main reason I came to Swansea was because I want to be the number one goalkeeper," he said.
Despite playing in the FA Cup final, Fabianski had played second fiddle to fellow Pole Wojciech Szczesny, five years his junior, for the past three seasons.
In February, Arsenal manager Arsene Wegner said it was likely Fabianski would leave at the end of the season in search of more regular appearances after rejecting an offer of an extended contract.
Fabianski, who joined Arsenal from Legia Warsaw in 2007, made only one Premier League appearance in the Premier League this season - the last league game of the season against Norwich City. His other 13 appearances came in cup competitions, playing a starring role in the FA Cup semi-final against Wigan Athletic by saving two spot-kicks in the penalty shoot-out.

The 29-year-old goalkeeper made 78 appearances for Arsenal during his seven years at the Club, keeping 25 clean sheets.

Good luck Lukasz! Arsenal FA Cup hero.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

The 29-year-old Poland international will join the Swans on a free transfer when his contract with the Gunners expires at the end of June.

"The main reason I came to Swansea was because I want to be the number one goalkeeper," he said.Despite playing in the FA Cup final, Fabianski had played second fiddle to fellow Pole Wojciech Szczesny, five years his junior, for the past three seasons.

In February, Arsenal manager Arsene Wegner said it was likely Fabianski would leave at the end of the season in search of more regular appearances after rejecting an offer of an extended contract.

Fabianski, who joined Arsenal from Legia Warsaw in 2007, made only one Premier League appearance in the Premier League this season - the last league game of the season against Norwich City.

His other 13 appearances came in cup competitions, playing a starring role in the FA Cup semi-final against Wigan Athletic by saving two spot-kicks in the penalty shoot-out.

The 29-year-old goalkeeper made 78 appearances for Arsenal during his seven years at the Club, keeping 25 clean sheets.

good luck Lukasz! Arsenal FA Cup hero.

"The main reason I came to Swansea was because I want to be the number one goalkeeper," he said.
Despite playing in the FA Cup final, Fabianski had played second fiddle to fellow Pole Wojciech Szczesny, five years his junior, for the past three seasons.
Fabianski, who joined Arsenal from Legia Warsaw in 2007, made only one Premier League appearance in the Premier League this season - the last league game of the season against Norwich City. His other 13 appearances came in cup competitions, playing a starring role in the FA Cup semi-final against Wigan Athletic by saving two spot-kicks in the penalty shoot-out.

Comments
ramaboy10 10 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Good goalkeeper. Good luck at Swansea!

gagagoodlife 10 years ago
Chelsea, England 14 325

Oops I just saw this.

Eden17Hazard17 10 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Great Keeper, more consistent than Sczezny is my opinion