Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

FA Cup Final - Arsenal v Chelsea
legends16 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

Comment with pre-match buildup, predictions and post-match reaction.

Prediction?

Can Conte do the double in his first season?

Should he start Fabregas against his old club over Matic?

Could this be his Costa's last match in a Chelsea shirt?

Will Wenger use an FA cup win to stay at Arsenal?

Will Ospina start over Cech?

Could this be Sanchez's last game for Arsenal?

Reply below

Comments
quikzyyy 7 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

Arsenal was simply better today, deserved win.

enter image description here

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Arsenal was simply better today, deserved win.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

First goal shouldn't have counted for off-side too. Ramsey was far too close to the ball, and you could see Courtois hesitated in coming out because he thought the ref would call off-side on Ramsey. That let Alexis have the opportunity to score. Although Moses' dive was basically Chelsea shooting themselves in the foot.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I'm so happy someone got send off for diving. That's basically my only takeaway, about time that happened in a big match.

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

feels bad loosing 200 euros because some overpaid glorified players went mentally on vacation...

Mertesacker is faster than Alonso, and Matic/Kante had championship level....
Arsenal wanted it more and they took it, congrats to them.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@tiki Sorry for the loss mate.

Still think it was English football at his best, a derby is alway a special kind of game as it well. You need to have a great mentality to win one. Arsenal went in quickly as if they had nothing to loss and after that, Chelsea lost their cool. They did come back strongly in second half and even manage to egalise. At the end of the day, as a neutral, it was a pretty good final and I think it could have really gone any way at some point. Arsenal just seemed to want it more in the end. :)

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Disgusting performance but i'm happy that it happened now rather than next season, conte can now go and buy players! I expect alot of cash being splashed this summer and the the only positive thing about today was that it looked like costa is going to stay at chelsea.

Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Not going to say I'm not disappointed because I am, but on the bright side... WENGER IN!!!!!!! GET IN LADS!!!!!!!

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Chelsea8

I think that is a very important point. Losing in a cup final is more apparent than losing in a league match. Conte will now be able to scrutinize his squad and see which type of players he needs to purchase in the off-season. I expect Chelsea to build a better squad and repeat next season as PL champs.

legends16 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

Ok, so for a start that goal should clearly not have been allowed.
It affected the whole game and probably prevented us from getting into our stride.
However, apart from that Arsenal played as though they really wanted it and probably deserved the win.
Motm for me was Cahill, but I am biased :) He kept us in the game with some world-class defending. Shout out to a very sharp Pedro too.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

legends16

Ok, so for a start that goal should clearly not have been allowed.
It affected the whole game and probably prevented us from getting into our stride.

No, even before the goal you were poor and we were superb. Momentum is a huge impact, true, but I don't think you guys would have won anyway.

legends16 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

@amir
we had been playing for 4 minutes. You can't judge the outcome of a game by the first 4 minutes.

Alfie_george 7 years ago
Liverpool, England 0 12

I have got to say Sanchez's goal should have never stood. Ramsey clearly rushes towards the ball from an offside position, play should have been stopped at that instant. Chelsea were hard done by there.
But overall I thought Arsenal showed they wanted it more and probably deserved to nick it in the end.