Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

ex-referee Mark Clattenburg confirms Manchester United favourable decisions
quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Mark Clattenburg admits Man Utd aura got them favourable calls under Sir Alex Ferguson.

enter image description here
Klopp recently pointed out that United have received more penalties in two years than his Liverpool side have in five-and-a-half years, which Clattenburg believes was a clear mind-game attempt ahead of their crucial meeting on Sunday.

Discussing Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp’s similar attempt to put pressure on officials, Clattenburg said in his column for the Daily Mail:

He does not like losing, he never has. He gets prickly. But he is wrong to suggest there is an aura around United that sees them given favourable decisions. There used to be when Fergie was there, but that has eased massively since he left.

To admit that United got such a big influence on FA and refeeres, having favourable calls and saying that influence has eased off in the era when United is getting most penalties out of every single team takes some guts. Rubbish, rigged, corrupted league.

Comments
SunFlash 3 years ago
USA 19 3260

I've read Clattenburg's accounts and the tl:dr is Fergie was always yelling at referees so much and going after them in press conferences and such he got in their heads. That's the aura Clattenburg is referring to here. Seeing a call that could go either way and knowing that making the call not in Fergie's favor would result in said referee getting ironed out and brought into the press and going through hell etc etc just made "easier" in Clattenburg's words to cater to United, even sub-consciously. Klopp is basically playing those same mind games now. Lampard did the same thing in the FA Cup last year and got advantageous calls because of it.

Congrats on misrepresenting the entire concept though quik, I expect better from you.

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

I will never like thread saying that the league is corrupt. Personally, I think its easy to take stat we like in the period of time we like and make whatever we want with it.

For example, Leicester gotten 4 more penalty this season than United, does this mean Leicester is corrupt or that the ref favor them? Brighton has the same amount of pen this season as United, does this mean they are a team with the prestige or mean to pressure ref into giving them more pen? I doubt it in both case.

Taking pen stat and saying a team is favored just because they are being given more is a problem for me because we are not taking many information into question. Team who like to play and challenge the defense inside the box will obviously tend to win more penality. Likewise, a team with a lot of good dribblers or that are good at keeping the ball in tight space will also win more penalty.

I kinda understand the point Quikzyyy want to make with this thread but personally, I disagree.

amir_keal 3 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Some of the calls United have gotten make me question things

quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I'll just post you here the Fergie aura.

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy I won't arge that United didn't get call in their favor in the past. That doesn't mean they did in the past that today, because they are getting more penalty than other team, they are still getting call in their favor today.

Majority of penalty won by United in my opinion in the last few seasons have been fair. Also, if you watch United games, you know they also get call against themselve that are sometime ridiculous and unfair against them.

If anything, you sharing that video kinda convinced me more than it was really bad back then but got much better since then.

uncle_touchy 3 years ago
Manchester United, England 3 123

Never argue with people who surport London clubs. Your hatred towards United is unpresidented. It'll only help in the long run. We haven't even played good yet. Imagine what we will do. Long season. Remember you're a continuing inspiration to us all and your dedication will only make us work even harder. XD

SunFlash 3 years ago
USA 19 3260

I'll just post you here the Fergie aura.

This doesn't go against anything I said.

I took issue with this comment:

Rubbish, rigged, corrupted league.

I've explained using Clattenburg's own words what was going during Fergie's career. You are attempting to twist Clattenburg's same words to fit an anti-United agenda and I don't appreciate or share it.

ashwin1729 3 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

Over the past 2 years, especially, with Var- you have seen that 2-3 calls were questionable/ dubious. Rest were fair. People are quick to point out that United got "favourable" calls- but conveniently ignore the calls United didn't get. That was the game before VAR- all subjective - not if its fair or not. Fergie understood this and worked the system with mind games to ensure his team didn't have a disadvantage there. Most managers did the same. The difference was the other managers didn't get into ref's heads and Fergie did.

VAR rightly overturned a few non-penalty calls, likes of which went against United over the years since Fergie left. No one points those out. If we had no VAR, United would not have gotten those with old system and we'd probably fail to make top 4 last season. So no. It wasn't United's "aura" that got them the decisions. It was more of Fergie's mind games and working the refs that got them. Jose does it. Lampard does it. And Klopp of all the people does it a lot- infact he's began complaining about penalties 3 weeks before United played them. Coincidence?

_Pelle_ 3 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6884

The bigger club/team always get more favorable calls than the smaller one. This has been know for ages. Its sad but also the truth.

expertfootball11 3 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

So you think Mourinho complaining about referee decisions against him hold some kind of real ground?

Footy_watch 3 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1856

/

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

All the in denial man utd fans 🤦‍♂️ just accept that you more titles than you should have because of matchfixing. Man utd wouldn't have been top right now if they didn't get matchfixing in their favour this season.

uncle_touchy 3 years ago Edited
Manchester United, England 3 123

Everyone complaining here are just bitter and delusional. It proves how hated we are. We just laugh at you all. Go complain to the Fa you might just cup a 3 match ban. Your hatred just makes us better. Arsenal fans are complaining what's new.

Edit*

Imagine a Madrid fan talking about cheating and match fixing. What's the world coming too. Now I see why Corona was invented. Another note since var no real or Barca in champion league finals. XD

• History

Everyone complaining here are just bitter and delusional. It proves how hated we are. We just laugh at you all. Go complain to the Fa you might just cup a 3 match ban. Your hatred just makes us better. Arsenal fans are complaining what's new.

Edit*

Imagine a Madrid fan talking about cheating and match fixing. What's the world coming too. Now I see why Corona was invented. XD

quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Everyone complaining here are just bitter and delusional.

Have a nice reading about every football fan being delusional, bitter and jealous of you. If you were Juventus fan you would probably say that Calciopoli has never happened.

dj_nio 3 years ago
Real Madrid, Spain 1 16

enter image description here

Let that sink in a bit.

Arsenal, Brazil 23 1856

/

• History

I wonder how many were won due to matchfixing though, Liverpool are the best team

tiki_taka 3 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

May see me as the party crasher, but there is absolutely no point on what clatenberg said. Since the start of football, favourites got help in 50-50 decisions, intentional or not it's a fact...

A ref in a 50-50 in old Trafford will whistle, most of them, the stadium is scary, the shirt is scary, the players are scary, worldwide fanbase who will kick his ass right after the final whistle... I mean he got half a second to take a decision, if it's manU Vs a random club in a 50-50... It will often goes to favourites...

Imo, it's not only United in fergie's era, all big clubs in their golden era got favourable calls and also few unfavourable... Ref is human, his judgement is human and he got less than half a second to make a decision...

Milan of Berlusconi, Juve, Bayern domestically, Barca/real there is absolutely no exception aside maybe PSG, because all country hates them except their fans, so if you whistle against them or with them, you will always have an issue at the end... But due to their low fanbase compared to européen fanbase they got many 50-50 against them during their CL complains..

Even national teams follow same treatment, very hard to whistle against Brazil or Germany for pks or even offsides 50-50 and it's easier against African/Asian teams... The favs get some sort of protection in 50-50 decisions...

Few refs can get up to these expectations, reckoned as machines for me Colina was the best in 50-50, he judged with precision and brilliance, the Turkish one right now is doing good...others are carring for their careers, one injustice Vs a worldwide fanbase team and you get erased from final stages of big tournaments...

Ref is a job, with high paid and low paid, professional and amtors, elites and one of the bottles 😄 there are not many special ones in refreing and many choose security to last long and feed their families being at the top... And trust me, refereeing a 50-50 decision in a high stakes game is something really though without VAR. ( Even with VAR, thé use follow same treatment but pressure is on VAR refs, they got images and more time to judge but even so,. If it's a handball or another 50-50 their secure decision, but VAR reduced the 50-50 excluding close offsides and dives, only soft contacts and handballs are taken into a real 50-50 consideration )

Arsenal, Brazil 23 1856

/

• History

You can make arguments in favour of referees making mistakes but they just can't be that incompetent, its clear matchfixing and for this reason I'm trying to stop watching football altogether. Whats the point when the game is rigged? There are many example which proves matchfixing exists. Pickford injuring van djik, walker High foot from a corner against us not even reviewed by VAR and many other decisions I cant remember. Theres no point of being a fan

You can make arguments in favour of referees making mistakes but they just can't be that incompetent, its clear matchfixing and for this reason I'm trying to stop watching football completely. Whats the point when the game is rigged? There are many examples which prove matchfixing exists. Pickford injuring van djik and no punishment. Walker with a clear as day High foot challenge to prevent an attacker from heading the ball from a corner against us not even reviewed by VAR and many other decisions I cant remember. Theres no point of being a fan of football

You can make arguments in favour of referees making mistakes but they just can't be that incompetent, its clear matchfixing and for this reason I'm trying to stop watching football completely. Whats the point when the game is rigged? There are many examples which prove matchfixing exists. Pickford injuring van djik and no punishment. Walker with a clear as day High foot challenge to prevent an attacker from heading the ball from a corner against us not even reviewed by VAR and many other decisions I cant remember.

Theres no point of being a fan of football, you cant enjoy winning a competition when you've seen illegal goals and game changing decisions go in your favour. One or more of the Real Madrid champions league treble was won illegally. You cant support fair play and then turn a blind eye to clear false game changing decisions which led to winning titles. This all basically means you gave to be fickle to be a football fan

You can make arguments in favour of referees making mistakes but they just can't be that incompetent, its clear matchfixing and for this reason I'm trying to stop watching football completely. Whats the point when the game is rigged? There are many examples which prove matchfixing exists. Pickford injuring van djik and no punishment. Walker with a clear as day High foot challenge to prevent an attacker from heading the ball from a corner against us not even reviewed by VAR and many other decisions I cant remember.

Theres no point of being a fan of football, you cant enjoy winning a competition when you've seen illegal goals and game changing decisions go in your favour. One or more of the Real Madrid champions league treble was won illegally. You cant support fair play and then turn a blind eye to clear false game changing decisions which led to winning titles.

You can make arguments in favour of referees making mistakes but they just can't be that bad, its clear matchfixing. There are many examples which prove matchfixing exists. Pickford injuring van djik and no punishment. Walker with a clear as day High foot challenge to prevent an attacker from heading the ball from a corner against us not even reviewed by VAR and many other decisions I cant remember.

Theres no point of being a fan of football, you cant enjoy winning a competition when you've seen illegal goals and game changing decisions go in your favour. One or more of the Real Madrid champions league treble was won illegally. You cant support fair play and then turn a blind eye to clear false game changing decisions which led to winning titles.

You can make arguments in favour of referees making mistakes but they just can't be that bad, its clear matchfixing. There are many examples which prove matchfixing exists. Pickford injuring van djik and no punishment. Walker with a clear as day High foot challenge to prevent an attacker from heading the ball from a corner against us not even reviewed by VAR and many other decisions I cant remember.

You cant enjoy winning a competition when you've seen illegal goals and game changing decisions go in your favour. One or more of the Real Madrid champions league treble was won illegally. You cant support fair play and then turn a blind eye to clear false game changing decisions which led to winning titles.

estcrow 3 years ago
0 51

The problem is, almost every clubs fan thinks that the referees are against them and that their rivals always get the better decisions. It's just common psychology because you tend to target your attention to situations you're not pleased with. This year the whining over VAR and referees has gone mad.. specially because many Liverpool fans have a hard time accepting that they haven't done well this season and their biggest rival ManU is at the top.

They might have gotten a few soft penalties but really every team has.. (f.e. Salah against west ham) and Chelsea should have gotten a penalty from Maguire incident, Fred straight red from headbutt against PSG. But I can bring out many really unfavorable decisions against United from this season also:

Martial red card vs Tottenham. Lamela didnt get anything.. Finished with one of their most embarrassing defeat ever.
Maguires goal against Burnley not counted. A really good and perfectly normal headed goal.
Mings elbow on Pogba in box. Blood out, Mings nowhere near the ball. No penalty, no card.
And ofcource the funniest one - Cavanis 3 match ban because he thanked his friend on instagram.

It's all a matter of a fans perspective but really the constant whining and blind hating has gone more embarrasing than the wrong decisions imo..

Arsenal, Brazil 23 1856

/

• History

Being a fan of a team makes you more ignorant and in denial. To the people who want to justify decisions in their team's favour, the decisions don't even themselves out. The ref ruined the fairness of the fa Cup final and now we won't know if we (Arsenal) actually deserved it, which means it should be stupid to celebrate attaining the trophy and we shouldn't count it as part of the number of fa cups we've won. The same goes for all teams who won a trophy that included matches they won from incorrect game changing decisions. Thats how I will look at it from now on if I remain a football fan. Unfortunately most people will choose to be ignorant like the man utd fans.

Being a fan of a team makes you more ignorant and in denial. To the people who want to justify decisions in their team's favour, the decisions don't even themselves out. The ref ruined the fairness of the fa Cup final and now we won't know if we (Arsenal) actually deserved it, which means it is stupid to celebrate attaining the trophy and we shouldn't count it as part of the number of fa cups we've won. The same goes for all teams who won a trophy that included matches they won from incorrect game changing decisions. Thats how I will look at it from now on if I remain a football fan. Unfortunately most people will choose to be ignorant like the man utd fans.

Being a fan of a team makes you more ignorant and in denial. To the people who want to justify decisions in their team's favour, the decisions don't even themselves out. The ref ruined the fairness of the fa Cup final and now we won't know if we (Arsenal) actually deserved it, which means it is stupid to celebrate attaining the trophy and we shouldn't count it as part of the number of fa cups we've won, I won't count it. The same goes for all teams who won a trophy that included matches they won from incorrect game changing decisions. Thats how I will look at it from now on if I remain a football fan. Unfortunately most people will choose to be ignorant like the man utd fans.

quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

No card, no VAR check, no intention to play the ball is this the Fernandes aura?