Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Everton Luiz Left the Field in Tears After Racist Chants
Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

It's freaking 2017 and we still see these kind of awful insults. This thread is to support him.

One of Serbia's top football clubs, Partizan Belgrade, has condemned racist chanting during a match that reduced one of its players, Brazilian midfielder Everton Luiz, to tears. BBC Link

enter image description here

Comments
Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

Disgusting behavior, shaming or insulting someone over something he or she was born with is the ultimate show of how those person mind are closed. No respect for those person who cannot seem to understand a color is only that, a color. My sympathy to the player and any person who might have been hurt by those guys. :(

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Disgusting behavior, shaming or insulting someone over something he or she was born with is the ultimate show of how those person mind are closed. No respect for those person who cannot seem to understand a color is only that, a color. My sympathy to the player and any person who might have been hurt by those guys. :(

@JozeMourinho My sympathy mate, I know a bit about Greece history because I made some research about it and bringing that kind of stuff up is really stupid, don't know who do it but ignore them, they are not worth a second of your time.

Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Why can't we get over something as stupid as colour. We are all the same, and together, we have far bigger problems to deal with.

@SunFlash, thanks for the insight. Apart from reading To Kill a Mockingbird, I haven't read much about what actually goes on in the deep south. It's difficult to believe, yet it most certainly is the reality in which we live.

JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

Let's not forget that not only black people are subject to racism, plenty of white people are discriminated because of their origin as well..

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Saying a nation is racist is too generalized. Saying a nation have a higher number of racist is IMo right.

Yeah, true there.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Juan

And yet, throughout history, it was the Africans, the Indians, and the Natives who were systematically slaughtered and enslaved by white people. I'm not disagreeing with the fact that there are many millions of people out there who hate white people, but historically it has been the Europeans who have been the facilitators for the majority of the racism that is out there right now. You can trace back almost any major incident in the past 500 years to Europeans. Ever since they decided to leave on their bloody ships and come "colonize" the rest of us around the world.

Golazo111 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

It's a very bad time right now for people because there is this stupid rhetoric about immigration being bad for local people and that's both in Europe and North America. Too many low life people ready to burn down something like their life will suddenly become better if they destroy something else...

Sadly alot of normal people suffer because someone will create a one sided story saying that whole Serbia is racist. That happens with alot of countries, normal people can't get out from the stereotype because of the horrible state of their country.

There was one nice coach, Borita Milutinovic. He took 5 different countries to the World cup, 100% not a racist from Serbia.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bora_Milutinović

• History

It's a very bad time right now for people because there is this stupid rhetoric about immigration being bad for local people and that's both in Europe and North America. Too many low life people ready to burn down something like their life will suddenly become better if they destroy something else...

Sadly alot of normal people suffer because someone will create a one sided story saying that whole Serbia is racist. That happens with alot of countries, normal people can't get out from the stereotype because of the shit state of their country.

There was one nice coach, Borita Milutinovic. He took 5 different countries to the World cup, 100% not a racist from Serbia.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bora_Milutinović

amir_keal 7 years ago

I don't recall calling everyone from Serbia racist. And by the way, I've been there a really long time ago, and you're right (from my experience). However, when you hear many cases of racist attacks, and sometimes even death, which is more common in this country than others. I don't really think I need to explain myself.

Let's not go too off topic however.

JozeMourinho 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

Well since you believe that I will ask you 2 questions.

Did your country suffered from USA bombs?

US used 63% of munitions inventory to destroy Serbia. Shortly, U.S. Congress rushed through a $13 billion military spending package after the first two weeks of bombing. Such a bill would not have been possible without this bombing campaign. After that, US Congress requested an additional $120 billion for the next five years, and over $250 billion through the year 2010.

Belgrade bombed.

U.S. leaders profess concern for the Kosovo Albanians as an oppressed group, yet they uttered not a single word of outrage against the Czech Republic mistreatment of Gypsies, the British oppression of the Roman Catholic minority in Northern Ireland, the Hutu mass murder of 800.000 Tutsis in Rwanda, the 38.000 Kurds slaughtered and 4 million displaced by Turkey, NATO partner, nor the one million Christians killed in the Sudan. NATO even seems oblivious to the ongoing slaughter in Sri Lanka and East Timo.

What if that those were your 3 sons?

Serbians are racist because they were FORCED by hand, did any of you ever experienced planes bombing you while you are in your house and the only thing that can keep you alive is luck? Serbia is a victim of modern civilization. Other countries manipulated them and made them what they are today. Who would be friendly to another nation if they killed your son? your wife? your husband? How can you sympathize a nation that killed your own kind ? Seriously IF we had a Serbian guy here he would explain you much better.

• History

Well since you believe that I will ask you 2 questions.

US used 63% of munitions inventory to destroy Serbia. Shortly, U.S. Congress rushed through a $13 billion military spending package after the first two weeks of bombing. Such a bill would not have been possible without this bombing campaign. After that, US Congress requested an additional $120 billion for the next five years, and over $250 billion through the year 2010.

Belgrade bombed.

U.S. leaders profess concern for the Kosovo Albanians as an oppressed group, yet they uttered not a single word of outrage against the Czech Republic mistreatment of Gypsies, the British oppression of the Roman Catholic minority in Northern Ireland, the Hutu mass murder of 800.000 Tutsis in Rwanda, the 38.000 Kurds slaughtered and 4 million displaced by Turkey, NATO partner, nor the one million Christians killed in the Sudan. NATO even seems oblivious to the ongoing slaughter in Sri Lanka and East Timo.

Serbians are racist because they were FORCED by hand, did any of you ever experienced planes bombing you while you are in your house and the only thing that can keep you alive is luck? Serbia is a victim of modern civilization. Other countries manipulated them and made them what they are today.

JuanMata10 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

@Dyn: Yeah, that's true, but this current generation of black people (or particularly the BLM movement) is comprised of people who have never been slaves trying to make people who have never owned slaves feel guilty about something that hasn't happened to them. Obviously, I don't mean to downgrade the problem of racism, but non-white people are pretty one-sided in their argumentation. Even as a white man in a predominantly "white" country I have been subject to racist abuse plenty of times because of my polish origin by (not only) Austrians, but mostly by Turks and Arabs.

We get the impression that racism is a white trait, because most of us here reside in a western country and only follow western media. If you search for statistics, you'll more often than not find that the most tolerant countries are European, while the most intolerant are Arab. Do you think Asian or African countries are not racist? Do you seriously believe Arab countries would accept Christian refugees? Hell, they don't even want to accept refugees from other Arab countries.

• History

@Dyn: Yeah, that's true, but this current generation of black people (particularly the BLM movement) is comprised of people who have never been slaves trying to make people who have never owned slaves feel guilty about something that hasn't happened to them. Obviously, I don't mean to downgrade the problem of racist, but non-white people are pretty one-sided in their argumentation. Even as a white man in a predominantly "white" country I have been subject to racism plenty of times because of my polish origins.

We get the impression that racism is a white trait, because most of us here reside in a western country and only follow western media. If you search for statistics, you'll more often than not find that the most tolerant countries are European, while the most intolerant are Arab. Do you think Asian or African countries are not racist? Do you seriously think Arab countries would accept Christian refugees? Hell, they don't even want to accept refugees from other Arab countries.

@Dyn: Yeah, that's true, but this current generation of black people (particularly the BLM movement) is comprised of people who have never been slaves trying to make people who have never owned slaves feel guilty about something that hasn't happened to them. Obviously, I don't mean to downgrade the problem of racist, but non-white people are pretty one-sided in their argumentation. Even as a white man in a predominantly "white" country I have been subject to racism plenty of times because of my polish origins by only Austrians, but mostly by Turks and Arabs.

We get the impression that racism is a white trait, because most of us here reside in a western country and only follow western media. If you search for statistics, you'll more often than not find that the most tolerant countries are European, while the most intolerant are Arab. Do you think Asian or African countries are not racist? Do you seriously think Arab countries would accept Christian refugees? Hell, they don't even want to accept refugees from other Arab countries.

@Dyn: Yeah, that's true, but this current generation of black people (particularly the BLM movement) is comprised of people who have never been slaves trying to make people who have never owned slaves feel guilty about something that hasn't happened to them. Obviously, I don't mean to downgrade the problem of racist, but non-white people are pretty one-sided in their argumentation. Even as a white man in a predominantly "white" country I have been subject to racist abuse plenty of times because of my polish origins by not only Austrians, but mostly by Turks and Arabs.

@Dyn: Yeah, that's true, but this current generation of black people (or particularly the BLM movement) is comprised of people who have never been slaves trying to make people who have never owned slaves feel guilty about something that hasn't happened to them. Obviously, I don't mean to downgrade the problem of racist, but non-white people are pretty one-sided in their argumentation. Even as a white man in a predominantly "white" country I have been subject to racist abuse plenty of times because of my polish origins by not only Austrians, but mostly by Turks and Arabs.

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Guys, the thread was supposed to support Everton Luiz. But it's getting too much off topic and out of control.
I did not create the thread to blame Serbians or to start an argument. So let's end the off topic discussion, shall we?

JozeMourinho 7 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

There is nobody fighting we are just showing our views. I got a bit carried away its my fault. My apologies.

I have a special place in my heart for Serbian people.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

The United States government doesn't give a crap about who's being oppressed unless it fits with their long-term ambitions. Hell most of the time it is the United States doing the oppressing. And American citizens for the most part either ignore that or roll with their new "America first, to hell with everyone else" president.

Regarding Everton Luiz at least, the factors that made the Serbian fans go off the farm at him are largely irrelevant. He is the innocent in this scenario, and if you want to make the claim that Serbians themselves are victims, you can, but that doesn't change the fact that many victims themselves in time become the oppressors.

Mitigating factors are nice to have. I literally guarantee you Everton Luiz and everyone associated with him is not concerned with that right now.

JozeMourinho 7 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

I was aiming at the fans who were pretending that Everton Luiz is us but not when it comes to Olympiacos racism is unleashed.

https://images.footyroom.com/posts/c6ca653dac4d0bbf512c0c494523df08/28a05b8243094634196054abf26794dc

amir_keal 7 years ago

Partially. It's quite a sad story though. That being said I don't necessarily detest the USA. It's sad Serbia also are bombed due to the USA, but they are not the only ones.

They have a death system in some countries. I think that's Yevgeny Rodionov. I could be wrong. I would attempt to get him back. I know 2 wrongs don't make a right, but that guy is taking it one level too far. It's already annoying about what he has done to Rodionov, but I cannot think to imagine that to my son ( if I had one).

That being said, Diaz is innocent, and he has done nothing. Doing chants, racial attacks, monkey chants won't help you gain the people you have lost.

Emrecan_58 7 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

I was aiming at the fans who were pretending that Everton Luiz is us but not when it comes to Olympiacos racism is unleashed.

Olympiakos and Turkish teams mostly hate eachother. Apoel too. Apoel actually are the worst. You are saying like Olympiakos are the only team that gets racist comments but you are wrong.

For example, we are brothers with PAOK (Greece) and Omonia Nicosia (Cyprus).
They always support us. We support them. I didn't hear them getting insults from us. Here ↓

You are saying like Beşiktaş fans are racist towards all Greeks. You are obviously wrong. Apoel fans are worse than all the Turkish fans. I've witnessed them, live during our Basketball game (Apoel-Karşıyaka), attacking our players, almost killing our away fans, setting fire the Turkish Flag. Neo-Nazis chants. And there were only 10 police inside the Arena. They are racist towards us. Olympiakos and Apoel have the similar ideology. I am pretty sure if Greek fans were active on Twitter, we would get the similar insults. Because I follow European Basketball actively. In which Olympiakos, Panathinaikos, PAOK,Beşiktaş,Fenerbahçe,Galatasaray, Efes, Karşıyaka play against eachother all the time.

Here are the Apoel fans:

Apoel-Apollon-Anorthosis teams↓

• History

Olympiakos and Turkish teams mostly hate eachother. Apoel too. Apoel actually are the worst. You are saying like Olympiakos are the only team that gets racist comments but you are wrong.

They always support us. We support them. I didn't hear them getting insults from us. Here ↓

You are saying like Beşiktaş fans are racist towards all Greeks. You are obviously wrong. Apoel fans are worst then all the Turkish fans. I've witnessed them, live during our Basketball game (Apoel-Karşıyaka), attacking our players, almost killing our away fans, setting fire the Turkish Flag. Neo-Nazis chants. And there were only 10 police inside the Arena. They are racist towards us. Olympiakos and Apoel have the similar ideology. I am pretty sure if Greek fans were active on Twitter, we would get the similar insults. Because I follow European Basketball actively. In which Olympiakos, Panathinaikos, PAOK,Beşiktaş,Fenerbahçe,Galatasaray, Efes, Karşıyaka play against eachother all the time.

Here are the Apoel fans:

You are saying like Beşiktaş fans are racist towards all Greeks. You are obviously wrong. Apoel fans are worst then all the Turkish fans. I've witnessed them, live during our Basketball game (Apoel-Karşıyaka), attacking our players, almost killing our away fans, setting fire the Turkish Flag. Neo-Nazis chants. And there were only 10 police inside the Arena. They are racist towards us. Olympiakos and Apoel have the similar ideology. I am pretty sure if Greek fans were active on Twitter, we would get the similar insults. Because I follow European Basketball actively. In which Olympiakos, Panathinaikos, PAOK,Beşiktaş,Fenerbahçe,Galatasaray, Efes, Karşıyaka play against eachother all the time.

Here are the Apoel fans:

Here are the Apoel fans:

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Point is you can simply google bad hooligans and you will find from all places around the world examples.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I think we're having a healthy discussion here. It's a sensitive topic, but none of us are crossing the line.

@Juan

You have to think of those people from a different perspective. When you enslave somebody, you take away everything from them: culture, family, hope, education, mental stability, health... everything. Believe me, there is legal slavery in Bangladesh and I have witnessed it first-hand. Now when the North won the Civil War and the slaves were set free, what did they have? When they had children, what values did they pass on? Most of them had no cultural or societal awareness or values. They had all that robbed from them during slavery since most of them were brought over when they were children or were born into slavery.

When you are unable to pass any form of knowledge to your children, this limits what they pass on to their children. It's a cycle. These black Americans may not have ever been enslaved, but they have suffered greatly because of slavery. On top of that, America has a wonderful system of institutional racism which shoves all the blacks into the poor corners of the city and doesn't let them escape from there. Granted, there are numerous fools who are black and racist towards whites. I know that. But that's minuscule argument compared to what sh.it hand the blacks have been dealt by the US.

Like I said, I'm South Asian. I know fully well the racism that exists in Asia. But Japan is the only Asian country that can claim to be first-world. The majority of Asian nations are third-world nations. These Western nations like Canada, US, England, France, etc. are all expected to be socially advanced. People come here for a better place to live and raise their kids - to escape the horrors back home. When you give up everything to come here and get treated like this.... I don't know what to say.

@Joze

I understand that you have a special place in your heart for Serbians, but just because you like a certain group of people doesn't change the fact that it's possible for them to be racist. Sure, the Serbians had to suffer, but just look at the way they have been known to treat outsiders. It speaks volumes for the 'racial values' in the nation.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Look a serbian fan got killed in Turkey!

This video shows Dutch fans humiliating beggars in Madrid:

Conclusion - That is normal for Turkey and Holland what else can we possibly expect, right?

This is how some of you reacted towards a whole country when something bad happened and I pointed it out but you continue to give examples of hooligans forgetting to look in your own backyard.

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

^ It was a very tragic day. I remember that night Marko was murdered like yesterday :(

Nobody should go to a sports game and never come back

amir_keal 7 years ago

I've never once said we should make a conclusion about a country because of one incident. I have a reason to believe that conclusion was targeted at me, but did you not read what I said afterwards? You have to comprehend environment where it's due, even if it's not good

Death isn't a cool matter, let alone be it being abused. You have a life and it's very sad for it to be taken away. It will cause a lot of sadness and maybe depression for your family, friends, neighbors.....

It wouldn't be right of anyone to say things like, because you wouldn't like it if I said

so I wouldn't take that article so seriously.

You don't make the situation much better, and besides, you never explain why BBC hates Serbia, even though the BBC aren't the only ones posting this unfortunate event.

And by the way, I've seen a video of that sort. It was last year in the knockout of the Champions League. Also I have not shown any videos of hooligans on this thread, so I don't really get that last message of yours in which you say

you continue to give examples of hooligans forgetting to look in your own backyard.

Discussion Closed