Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

European Super League
KingHenryThe14th 3 years ago
Arsenal, France 19 108

Neville slams European Super League proposals and calls for points deduction

Neville is among the many not impressed by the proposals and, during commentary duty for Manchester United's hosting of Burnley at Old Trafford, hit out at those reportedly involved - including his former side.

“I’m not against the modernisation of football competitions. We have the Premier League, we have the Champions League, I don’t think anyone can deny," he told Sky Sports.

"But I think to bring forward proposals in the midst of Covid, in the midst of the economic crisis, is an absolute scandal.

"United, and the rest of the ‘Big Six’ clubs that have signed up to it, against the rest of the Premier League, should be ashamed of themselves.

“The European Super League - are Arsenal in that? They’ve just drawn with Fulham, Manchester United are drawing with Burnley.

“I can’t concentrate on the game, me, they should deduct all six teams that have signed up to it. Deduct points from them all, to do it in a season is a joke."

UEFA are due to announce their proposals for an expansion of the Champions League to 46 teams on Monday, which would come into effect from 2024.

Comments
milanlamiavita 3 years ago
Bustese Milano City, Italy 4 3418

@quikzyyy.

As Neville stated? Why, who is Gary Neville? The father of football? A just above average player who turned out to be a woeful football manager. Now he hides behind the comfort of the sky sports table teaching us about football? Neville knows more than florentino Perez and many other successful football management executives, who have amassed trophies and brought success to their respective clubs? Do you think Neville would be mouthing off if he was given a job at man Utd by the glazers?

KingHenryThe14th 3 years ago
Arsenal, France 19 108

Wow looks like it's happening!

expertfootball11 3 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Quite confident this thing won't actually happen, the backlash is too big + no guarantees that sponsors will follow up.

@expertfootball11. Instead of being led by skewed media gibberish, maybe wait to read the details before you makeup your mind. Remember that UEFA and FIFA and all clubs were also fighting bosman when he wanted the right to determine his own fate. And now, we look at it as a landmark hearing and decision.

Read, investigate, open your mind and see what this will actually mean. Do you really think so many successful business people in the game would make such a decision without having taken all the possible outcomes into account? Don't be so fickle.

And so it begins...

'The Super League has now sent a letter to the presidents of FIFA & UEFA issuing notice of legal proceedings in European courts designed to block any sanctions the two governing bodies may try to enforce to over the formation of the ESL.'

Any attempt to infringe what is effectively a private venture will mean going straight to the highest court.

JoeBiden 3 years ago
USA 6 60

Damn...

Greatone 3 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

Jesus milanmiavita, its obvious you don't read anyone else's arguments or respect anything that comes from anyone else's mouth but your own. So why participate on a FORUM?

Like I already wrote, I was living in Europe for 10 years, spent 3 and a half years in Italy. In fact one of those years I was on a contract with Parma to go out on load to other teams. I don't need to write all this, but for your benefit, maybe one day you will appreciate someone else's point of view or at least consider it without all your high and mighty "only my answer is the correct one". Other people have opinions that might be different to yours, and you should really try to consider their opinions (in the very least read them) before dismissing them. You think your arguments are sound, but they really aren't. Most of your arguments are framed like "gotcha" arguments but without substance.

UEFA and FIFA don't need to block the formation of it. They can merely control their own competitions. They obviously arent able to stop the formation of the league, but they allow clubs to participate in their competitions, UEFA and FIFA are also private ventures with control over their own decision making for their own competitions.

*probably my last attempt at explaining something basic to you. If you do your normal thing, I can't be bothered. I will just respond to the other members of the forum and just ignore your comments

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Jesus milanmiavita, its obvious you don't read anyone else's arguments or respect anything that comes from anyone else's mouth but your own. So why participate on a FORUM?

Like I already wrote, I was living in Europe for 10 years, spent 3 and a half years in Italy. In fact one of those years I was on a contract with Parma to go out on load to other teams. I don't need to write all this, but for your benefit, maybe one day you will appreciate someone else's point of view or at least consider it without all your high and mighty "only my answer is the correct one". Other people have opinions that might be different to yours, and you should really try to consider their opinions (in the very least read them) before dismissing them. You think your arguments are sound, but they really aren't. Most of your arguments are framed like "gotcha" arguments but without substance.

UEFA and FIFA don't need to block the formation of it. They can merely control their own competitions. They obviously arent able to stop the formation of the league, but they allow clubs to participate in their competitions, UEFA and FIFA are also private ventures with control over their own decision making for their own competitions.

_Pelle_ 3 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

What about teams like B Munich Dortmund PSG Ajax Porto Roma ... why only 12 teams?!

I’m not all against a super league, but the way it looks now, it’s dreadful.

@Pelle. the French teams voted not to take part. I suppose with UEFA having its roots in France, they felt it worthwhile to stick with the status quo.

_Pelle_ 3 years ago

Only PSG is big enough for a super league of that magnitude though, and maybe Lyon. It’s not like the other teams opinion would make any big difference tbh.

Errr what about Saint Etienne and Marseille? Marseille are the only French club to win the Champions League and along with Saint Etienne, they still lead the way with the most ligue 1 wins.

amir_keal 3 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Greatone

Don't waste your time arguing with milanlamiavita, he will literally resort to racism if you continue to disagree with him, sadly he's been doing so for years.

amir_keal 3 years ago

Our beautiful sports became taken by big capitalists and people are backing it? If you prefer to be in the super league than the domestic and knockouts of CL you are simply a fool, or a bitch to capitalism, that's the way I see it.

Yes, some clubs have been hit hard by COVID, but let's be honest more than half of teams there literally didn't even need the money, and that's the only logical reason to it.

Quote of the day: created by the poor stolen by the rich

amir_keal 3 years ago

Don't get it twisted though UEFA and FIFA is still a joke, I mean trying to get 34 teams in the CL after this is criminal, not to mention the way their competitions have been ran, also PSG/City breaking FFP but then being let off, someone had to stand up to them and not only was this the complete wrong way, this is the complete wrong response from them

Emobot7 3 years ago Edited
538 11432

Holy moly, I missed a lot didn't I? Well, I'm happy at least that 80 or 90% of the true football fans around the world are completely against this. Sad to see the big teams in Italy, Spain and England making such a dumb move but if they really think this will be the best for them, they can do what they want. However one thing for sure, it won't go smoothly and I'm happy for that. Choosing to move on their own without discussing with the fans, staff members, managers and even players is completely digusting.

Also, normally, I dislike commenting about ban but after breaking the rule of the forum in this thread, milanlamiavita has been given an lenghty ban. I don't care if you disagree with someone else or argue with them but personal insult will never be accepted, especially on the forum.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Holy moly, I missed a lot didn't I? Well, I'm happy at least that 80 or 90% of the true football fans around the world are completely against this.

Also, normally, I dislike commenting about ban but after breaking the rule of the forum in this thread, milanlamiavita has been given an lenghty ban. I don't care if you disagree with someone else or argue with them but personal insult will never be accepted, especially on the forum.

Holy moly, I missed a lot didn't I? Well, I'm happy at least that 80 or 90% of the true football fans around the world are completely against this. Sad to see the big teams in Italy, Spain and England making such a dumb move but if they really think this will be the best for them, they can do what they won't. However one thing for sure, it won't go smoothly and I'm happy for that. Choosing to move on their own without discussing with the fans, staff members, managers and even players is completely digusting.

DarthFooty 3 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

From what I have read, Bayern, Dortmund, and Leipzig all reject the Super League.

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

@Darthfooty They do reject it actually, really good news for those of us against it. The english FA is also extremely negative toward it.

_Pelle_ 3 years ago

St Etienne and Marseille are classic clubs with a richer history than PSGs but aren’t today bigger clubs.

Algerino 3 years ago
Napoli, Algeria 6 845

This is huge news. But I think that the football fans around the world are the ones that in the end will determine the fate of this league. If people boycott it then it will be a failure.