Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Europa League Final 22/23
Emobot7 11 months ago
538 11432

Mourinho has won every final he played before, Sevilla has won all of their Europa League finals, who will win tomorrow final?

Comments
DarthFooty 11 months ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

Sevilla is to Europa like Real Madrid is to Champions League. haha

Emobot7 11 months ago Edited
538 11432

@Darth So true, I did not see that coming. Guess no matter how they do in La Liga, if they go far in Europa League, they will just find some way to win it.

Also, I need to correct myself, Mourinho did lose finals before this game, I could have swear I read the reverse on reddit though...

Anyway, Bouno is such a great penalty stopper, I just know Sevilla was gonna win it if it went to penalty.

Finally, Montiel scoring the winning goal for Sevilla by converting the fourth penalty mimicking him winning it with his fourth penalty for Argentina in the World Cup was just too much, scriptwriter are getting lazy. XD

Edit: Ok, the Mourinho stat was about European finals, its the first one he lose ever. Still pretty impressive to see his series come to an end like this.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Darth So true, I did not see that coming. Guess no matter how they do in La Liga, if they go far in Europa League, they will just find some way to win it.

Also, I need to correct myself, Mourinho did lose finals before this game, I could have swear I read the reverse on reddit though...

Anyway, Bouno is such a great penalty stopper, I just know Sevilla was gonna win it if it went to penalty.

Finally, Montiel scoring the winning goal for Sevilla by converting the fourth penalty mimicking him winning it with his fourth penalty for Argentina in the World Cup was just too much, scriptwriter are getting lazy. XD

Footy_watch 11 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1858

VAR ensured sevilla had a chance to win by denying a stonewall penalty with the handball by the sevilla defender. He moved his arms back which made his arm extend further away from his body to contact the ball.

They've given penalties in this competition when the arms of the defender was much closer to the player's body.

Mourinho and Roma was robbed.

DarthFooty 11 months ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

From the replays I could see, it looked like his arm was out a bit. Hate to have a game called on that reason, but it happened. Gone are the days of proximity and "natural position" because common sense was not applied. Common sense is a superpower you know. haha

quikzyyy 11 months ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Being referee is amazing, you see game from the middle of the pitch and no matter how shit youre no one can even critize you or they get fined.

Emobot7 11 months ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy Funny cause honestly I thought that it was one of Anthony Taylor better game, not saying he isn't a terrible ref most of the time but honestly I think most of his decision were fair in that game.

The penalty call is the only place where I could really see some controversy and yes we've seen it given plenty of time but for me, based on the current rule, its not a clear penalty at all.

Also, I get how unaceptable some decision are at time and how some might grow to hate a referee and I agree we should be able to critize them to a certain level but imho harasing him and his family physically at the airport as he leave the country of the final is far more unaceptable than any mistake he might have made.

I'm honestly digusted by those thinking that frustration (rightful or not) against a particular individual excuse any act against said invididual and those around them. Not saying you are one of those quikzyyy but just a reminder of where our hatred can lead if we are not careful with it.

Footy_watch 11 months ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1858

its not a clear penalty at all.

These handballs are given as penalties in the premier league and lesser handballs were given in the Europa league this season.

Its a clear penalty because his arms move outward compared to the original position of his arm, creating a bigger area for the ball to hit his arm.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

its not a clear penalty at all.

These handballs are given as penalties in the premier league and lesser handballs were given in the Europa league this season.

Its a clear penalty because his arms move outward compared to the original position of his arm, creating a bigger area for the ball to hit his arm.

His intention shouldn't matter.

Emobot7 11 months ago
538 11432

@Footy_watch For me its 50/50 (which is I say its not an obvious pen to me). I understand those who think its a pen but could also see myself agreeing with those saying its not one. Here, let me share the following comment from reddit on the incident and you'll understand my view: enter image description here

You got 700 persons upvoting the comment someone who think its not a pen and nearly 400 who agree it should have been one. In other word, its controversial even for the general masses, something that generally won't happen on obviously wrong call by officials.

Imho, the problem for me isn't that this pen in particular wasn't given, its the fact there no sort of consistency regarding situation like these. One day, its given as a pen and other time, exact same situation and it is not. There need to be something done to keep things simpler for everyone involved or else people will keep on criticize the referee because there too much left to individuals interpretation.

Another thing Footy, its not a big deal but even if we don't alway share the same opinion, I really do appreciate you sharing your opinion actively on the forum, great stuff. :)

quikzyyy 11 months ago
Arsenal 429 9002

look at the penalty United got today, no one else would get that decision

Emobot7 11 months ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy Haha, exactly what I thought of, I was like, if Grealish handball incident is a pen then obviously, Fernando should have been one as well. This is what I meant when I say the decision themselve don't annoy me as much as the complete lack of consistency, this is something that need to be fixed.