Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Europa Conference League Final Post Talk
Emobot7 2 years ago Edited
538 11432

Roma vs Feyenoord yesterday ended in a simple 1-0 win for Roma making Mourinho the first manager to win this new trophy and making Mourinho the first manager as well to win all current European competition.

Now, about the match in itself... it was freaking ugly I thought, Roma had very little good occasion but that doesn't really matter since they were clinical and managed to put one away early. After that, they really did park the bus. Can't complain though as we all know this how Mou play and how he won in the past. Congrats to Roma, they managed to keep their goal defended till the end.

I still think Feyenoord was quite unfortunate since they had one especially dangerous occasion where a Roma defender nearly put it in his own goal (ended up instead hitting the post). They also had a couple other decent occassion but never felt all that threatening.

Anyway, say what you will but congrats to Mou and Roma for the win, sometime football is about the results and that game felt like that.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Roma vs Feyenoord yesterday ended in a simple 1-0 win for Roma making Mourinho the first player to win this new trophy and making Mourinho the first manager to win all current European competition.

Now, about the match in itself... it was freaking ugly I thought, Roma had very little good occasion but that doesn't really matter since they were clinical and managed to put one away early. After that, they really did park the bus. Can't complain though as we all know this how Mou play and how he won in the past. Congrats to Roma, they managed to keep their goal defended till the end.

I still think Feyenoord was quite unfortunate since they had one especially dangerous occasion where a Roma defender nearly put it in his own goal (ended up instead hitting the post). They also had a couple other decent occassion but never felt all that threatening.

Anyway, say what you will but congrats to Mou and Roma for the win, sometime football is about the results and that game felt like that.

Roma vs Feyenoord yesterday ended in a simple 1-0 win for Roma making Mourinho the first manager to win this new trophy and making Mourinho the first manager to win all current European competition.

Comments
DarthFooty 2 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1098

We are in interesting times when a team who won a title is criticized for how they played. It's always "they cheated, or they played ugly ball, or they parked the bus" type stuff. Sure it's ugly to you and me maybe, but to that team, those players, that coach, those fans, they don't care, they just won.

There is no rule to say you can win, but have to play like THIS. You can lose, but as long as you played like THIS. Teams do what they have to do and people do what they have to do to get the job done. Core values are being lost and it's translating into thrusted expectations. It has to be done how I like it done or it doesn't count. My way, my law, my God, my opinion... We are not born with rights, we are born with obligations.. We are obligated to do right by our past, and do better in our present all to set up the future. I'm sorry, i'm getting wordy because I am pissed off with another round of school shootings here with children getting killed. This is as war is going on with people losing everything.

Grats to Mou for his continental success and grats to Roma for their title.

Emobot7 2 years ago
538 11432

I'm sorry, i'm getting wordy because I am pissed off with another round of school shootings here with children getting killed.

Very sorry to heard that, can understand why it bother you, stuff like that shouldn't happen. We live in a crazy world right now and its hard sometime to stay calm and positive toward everything happening. I can understand that so don't worry about your reaction. Good sometime to find a place to vent a bit.

Now, on the topic of football and this final, I absolutely cannot complain about Mou and Roma win and don't want to complain about it. For me, its derserved completely, Mou job is to win and every thing after that is secondary. I also don't think Feyenoord should have won because they played "better" because honestly, even if I didn't like that game in term of style, Roma still was in control for majority of it and I think they deserve it.

Now, football is enternaiment for me as a neutral and I think I'm completely in my right to say when I found a game ugly or boring to watch. Should every team that play football I consider ugly change their playstyle to satisfy my vision of what good looking football? Absolutely not! On the contrary, I do hope they keep this kind of playing style especially if it make that team win. But personally, as a neutral, its not the kind of team that will attract me to watch their game on a regular basis, nothing against the team or if they win with that kind of football, just a case of personal preference.