Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Euro 2021 Stand-Out Players
Emobot7 3 years ago Edited
538 11432

Lets share which players we found the most outstanding (those that you found the most impressive I mean) for this euro, I'll begin by country:

Italy: Spinazzola, Donnaruma (Spinazzola really became a key player in that Italian side and he was clearly missed in that final, Donnaruma also show his growth for me, he been outstanding all tournament and solid in both penalty shout-out.)
England: Shaw, Sterling (Shaw had three assist and scored in final, hard to beat that kind of performance for a LB and Sterling really performed despite his run of poor form in club.)
Belgium: De Bruyne (Could have said Lukaku but I felt the change when De Bruyne was brought on vs Denmark really show how important he is and the difference he make, best at creating chance as well in this Euro.)
Spain: Olmo, Pedri (Pedri was outstanding, showing great vision and maturity but it was Olmo that garnered most of my attention, I thought he was really good with the ball and really unlucky not to get any goal.)
France: Benzema (His first goal vs Switzerland was amazing, also didn't flop despite the pressure he had.)
Germany: Gosens (Was really good on his side, his performance vs Portugal was really good as well.)
Portugal: Renato Sanches (This guy really love the Euro, he has amazing performance whenever he play in it.)
Denmark: Hojbjerg, Damsgaard (Hojbjerg for his amazing vision and defending ad Damsgaard for his wonder goal vs England)
Switzerland: Xhaka, Sommer (Xhaka for his performance vs France and Sommer for resisting both France and Spain onslaught and doing well in both Penalty shout-out.)
Turkey: Under (Only Turkey player which brought me any kind of emotion out of their group phase)
Russia: Dzyuba (The sheer amount of high ball he won and linked with his team-mate impressed me)
Netherland: Dumfries, Wijnaldum (Dumfries really step up his game, scoring 2 goal and winning a key penality in the groupe phase, Wijnaldum was very prolific for a midfielder and was one of the best player in his team)
North Macedonia: Pandev (Scored to qualified his team for the first time in its history then became first scorer for his country in said competetion. Respect.)
Czech Republic: Schick (Best Goalscorer of the tournament with Ronaldo and scored an amazing one at that)
Sweden: Fosberg (Scored 4 goals despite the limited offensive ressource of Sweden.)
Hungary: Szalai (His goal against Germany.)

Some I thought of putting but chose against in the end:
Ronaldo (Co-Best Goalscorer but many pens and was in a stronger team that Schick)
Kimmich (His performance was good but not above what I expect of him)
Pogba (He had a good Euro but lost some key ball which resulted in France going to penalty)
Lukaku (Similar to Kimmich, if you checked out what he does for Inter, his performance wasn't that special)
Doku (Lacked game times to truly show his stuff but was really good)
Maguire (Was England best defender and was a goal threat on corner but he didn't have enough standout action)
Chiesa (Honestly, he deserve to make the list but since he played less games as a starter, I put the other two above him)
Bonucci (Very important for his team, mentally and defensively, redeemed himself for missin his pen vs Germany in 2016, but knowing his partnership with Chielini well, it was expected to a certain level)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Lets share which players we found the most outstanding (those that you found the most impressive I mean) for this euro, I'll begin by country:

Italy: Spinazzola, Donnaruma (Spinazzola really became a key player in that Italian side and he was clearly missed in that final, Donnaruma also show his growth for me, he been outstanding all tournament and solid in both penalty shout-out.)
England: Shaw, Sterling (Shaw had three assist and scored in final, hard to beat that kind of performance for a LB and Sterling really performed despite his run of poor form in club.)
Belgium: De Bruyne (Could have said Lukaku but I felt the change when De Bruyne was brought on vs Denmark really show how important he is and the difference he make, best at creating chance as well in this Euro.)
Spain: Olmo, Pedri (Pedri was outstanding, showing great vision and maturity but it was Olmo that garnered most of my attention, I thought he was really good with the ball and really unlucky not to get any goal.)
France: Benzema (His first goal vs Switzerland was amazing, also didn't flop despite the pressure he had.)
Germany: Gosens (Was really good on his side, his performance vs Portugal was really good as well.)
Portugal: Renato Sanches (This guy really love the Euro, he has amazing performance whenever he play in it.)
Denmark: Hojbjerg, Damsgaard (Hojbjerg for his amazing vision and defending ad Damsgaard for his wonder goal vs England)
Switzerland: Xhaka, Sommer (Xhaka for his performance vs France and Sommer for resisting both France and Spain onslaught and doing well in both Penalty shout-out.)
Turkey: Under (Only Turkey player which brought me any kind of emotion out of their group phase)
Russia: Dzyuba (The sheer amount of high ball he won and linked with his team-mate impressed me)
Netherland: Dumfries, Wijnaldum (Dumfries really step up his game, scoring 2 goal and winning a key penality in the groupe phase, Wijnaldum was very prolific for a midfielder and was one of the best player in his team)
North Macedonia: Pandev (Scored to qualified his team for the first time in its history then became first scorer for his country in said competetion. Respect.)
Czech Republic: Schick (Best Goalscorer of the tournament with Ronaldo and scored an amazing one at that)
Sweden: Fosberg (Scored 4 goals despite the limited offensive ressource of Sweden.)
Hungary: Szalai (His goal against Germany.)

Some I thought of putting but chose against in the end:
Ronaldo (Co-Best Goalscorer but many pens and was in a stronger team that Schick)
Kimmich (His performance was good but not above what I expect of him)
Pogba (He had a good Euro but lost some key ball which resulted in France going to penalty)
Lukaku (Similar to Kimmich, if you checked out what he does for Inter, his performance wasn't that special)
Doku (Lacked game times to truly show his stuff but was really good)