Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Euro 2016 Group C Preview and Discussion Thread
MisterDaniel 8 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 17 92

enter image description here
Group C contains 3 time winners Germany, Ukraine, Poland, and newcomers Northern Ireland.

GERMANY
After winning the World Cup in 2014. Germany has had a huge World Cup hangover ever since Lahm and Klose retired from international play. Losing to Ireland and Poland. Or are they just faking it and will explode onto the scene in Euro 2016?

POLAND
Let by Robert…LEWANDOWSKI! Poland’s top goalscorer in qualification and in all of European qualifying. Poland looks as if they are dark horses of the tournament. Lewandowski aside. Poland has Milik who had 6 goals in qualifying. Wingers Grosicki and Błaszczykowski and Defensive midfielder Grzegorz Krychowiak are just some of Poland’s talent.

UKRAINE
Got to Euro 2016 through defeating Slovenia. Ukraine bolsters winger pairing of Konoplyanka and Yarmolenko, along with veteran (And former Bayern Munich player) Anatoliy Tymoshchuk. Ukraine looks to replicate its quarterfinal appearance in the 2006 World Cup. Or will they go out in the group stage like they did in the last tournament they hosted?

NORTHERN IRELAND
The 30-year wait for Northern Ireland fans is over. As this will the first time Northern Ireland qualified for the Euros. Even with Southampton’s Steven Davis and Kyle Lafferty, who scored 7 goals in qualifying. Northern Ireland might be just happy to be there. Or will they out a Costa Rica-esque performance?

FINAL VERDICT
Germany seems like clear favorites for this one. Though if the World Cup hangover gets to them, they could have some problems. Poland, Ukraine, and even Northern Ireland could cause a surprise. But Germany usually clicks into gear in tournaments. So they could be fooling us.

Comments
decentK 8 years ago Edited
Arsenal 38 2896

I think we'll continue this as soon as the EURO2016 starts (and seasons end).

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I think we'll continue this as soon as the EURO2016 starts (and the seasons end).

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

Germany to top this group, Poland to be a close second in my opinion. I don't see Nothern Ireland amounting to much, however, Ukraine could cause some suprise, man, I can't wait for the euro to start.

janesill 8 years ago
Manchester United, Thailand 0 4

As far as Euro 2016 news is concerned, today is a sad day for Group B England's fans as goalkeeper Jack Butland may be out of the Euro 2016 due to a fractured ankle. The injury happened before conceding Group C Germany's opener. Quite a frustrating way to go out since Euro 2016 is just a few months away.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Janesill Indeed, that is very sad to hear, I wish him the best and hope he get better in time to play in the euro.