Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Euro 2016 Group A Preview and Discussion Thread
MisterDaniel 8 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 17 92

enter image description here
Group A contains 2 time winners and hosts France, Switzerland, Romania, and newcomer Albania in the tournament.

FRANCE
France seem to be the favorites in this group, but with the Karim Benzema controversy surrounding the team, things could be hard to manage for Deschamps’ Men. Despite this, they are still the favorites of the tournament with youngsters like Varane, Martial, and Coman who could all possibly be called up.

SWITZERLAND
Despite England making short work of them, the Swiss are an extremely talented and bicultural team. Having players to have originated from Albania, Cameroon, Chile, and Croatia. With a Round of 16 appearances under there belt at the 2014 World Cup. Switzerland look to continue that momentum in Euro 2016 and maybe even better that!

ROMANIA
There first major tournament since 2008. Romania hasn’t hit the highs ever since their quarterfinal appearance in the 1994 World Cup. Yet they conceding only two goals in all qualifying matches. Though Romania only scored 11 goals in qualifying.

ALBANIA
Like Romania, they have a solid defense yet a lackey offense. But unlike Romania’s somewhat good history. This will be Albania’s first tournament. They defeated Portugal in qualifying. But can they do the same with France?

Final Verdict

If France can get past the Benzema controversy, and handle the pressure well unlike Brazil in 2014, they will most definitely top this group. But second it a bit more difficult to predict. Though Switzerland is a very talented team. Romania and Albania might have a trick up their sleeve.

Comments
louis_van_gaal 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 38 786

France has such a young and strong team at the moment. I can see them being world champions in the future.

Players under 24:

Pogba
Griezmann
Martial
Varane
Coman
Lacazette
Digne
Kurzawa
Zouma

They also have players like Benzema, Matuidi, and Koscielny who can still bring success for a few more years.

With the Netherlands out, I will be cheering for these guys at the Euros.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

France could be world champions now. They were knocked out of the world cup by Germany, who obviously won it, in a super close game. They have the best young striker in Martial and best young defender in Varane. They're solid everywhere, and have no obvious weaknesses.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

Everybody who know me a bit on footyroom know I got a special spot for France. I really hope they do well in the tournament. Beside, like LVG said in a previous post, they have such a young and promising team right now, it one of their best chance to go and win the Euro. They also seem to have more and more young player rising and starting making name for themselve like Coman and N'Golo Kanté. It really would be shame for them to lose in the earlier stage.